• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Am I crazy, or was that the worst Rock has ever looked? I mean there were tons or rest holds and built-in breaks like I can't remember. He looks like he's dying for air out there

Heretic

THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Ithil

Am I crazy, or was that the worst Rock has ever looked? I mean there were tons or rest holds and built-in breaks like I can't remember. He looks like he's dying out there

He has no cardio, it's all muscle. Makes sense for a movie, the only cardio you're doing is in takes of action scenes, not a nonstop high energy wrestling match.

But by god it's an unfair burden on Punk, he carried the whole match.

r5QKPnE.jpg

Raw64life

I'm trying to figure out what I'd be more disappointed by, Twice in a Lifetime or no Undertaker. I wouldn't be surprised if both happens for this shitfest I'm paying $300 to go see.

KissVibes

Banned
Am I crazy, or was that the worst Rock has ever looked? I mean there were tons or rest holds and built-in breaks like I can't remember. He looks like he's dying for air out there

That's what happens when you 'train' for movie roles and don't give a shit about cardio. The Rock hasn't need to 'go' for ten years. He might look nice and muscular but at this point he's just a body guy.

I don't know who Justin Wong is but he sounds like an uber-chode.

UberTag

As someone with tickets to Wrestlemania, I have to say there is nothing on the card that I really want to see so far.
You should StubHub those bad boys.

I'm trying to figure out what I'd be more disappointed by, Twice in a Lifetime or no Undertaker. I wouldn't be surprised if both happens for this shitfest I'm paying $300 to go see.
You too. You're validating the shitfest by paying money to see it.

Really hoping Taker makes it back. He has given us good WM matches last few years, nothing else currently excites me.

I am assuming we will have a build up to another big match involving many superstars to accommodate them at WM. Since MITB is gone (another bad decision by Vince).

Ithil

So...booking wise, most of that PPV was good. Match was, it was pretty good, too. I'm still in shock that the Shield won.

somedevil

Good pay per view. 7 out of 10. Rock needs to work on his Cardio. Jericho makes him look bad by doing 40 minutes in the Rumble and what he is doing now.

Also, for Punk don't know how they get him to the Undertaker. All I see from this is 3 way or him versus Brock.

THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP PREVAILS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Cmon now, he just beat CM Smark again. Call him the best in the worrllllllld too!

bangai-o

Banned
You don't even need to watch the PPVs to hang out in here.
I didn't watch any wrestling tonight and I'm having a blast.

Most of the folks in Gaming Discussion don't actually play games and just troll people about their favorite systems.
This is pretty much the same thing as that.
who won the chamber? did Jack Swagger use his mat skills to dominate?

UberTag

I am assuming we will have a build up to another big match involving many superstars to accommodate them at WM. Since MITB is gone (another bad decision by Vince).
12-man tag featuring four 3-man teams.
The Great Khali, Brodus and Tensai win.
Dance with Brodus' mom's bingo posse.
Much fun to be had.

Really hoping Taker makes it back. He has given us good WM matches last few years, nothing else currently excites me.

I don't know, the dirtsheets have said he hasn't been able to workout at all and he looked awful in those pictures from Nashville from last week. If he comes back and looks like garbage that would be tragic.

One thing I'm interested in following is how the Swagger/Del Rio angle will go. I mean, this is borderline Muhammad Hassan territory where they are treading and it doesn't really fit with the PG product. I think its fun to watch but it seems contrary to the stale product we have gotten the last few years.

I mean, there are going to be some fans really, really unhappy (like when they're in Texas or California).

UberTag

Tensai's geisha squadron will dance also.
See... the hilarious part is that Brodus' mom will have an entire troupe of midget bingo ladies for Hornswoggle to dance with.
Everybody wins!

They should just have a multi man ladder match but for one of the midcard titles, makes sense to me.
Those don't mean anything. Better to squash Barrett in less than a minute to Bo Dallas or somebody like that.

So Shield won and Punk lost. I don't know where they go from here. Shield has lacked some real focus and direction since their debut and Punk's character can't be satisfied with losing like that. I guess they could make the Mania match a triple threat and add Punk but what does the Shield do now that they've beaten Cena, who has to feud with the Rock again anyway?

Or have a new, good idea.

HAHAHAHAHA

3 minute long 10 man tag matches are revolutionary my friend.

MITB was perfect WM match. A great prize for winner. A great spot fest to please the fans. A great way to include the people "left out"
They became one of my most anticipated matches each year, while I love the PPV for MitB it taking them away from WM really sucks, plus the briefcases are getting played out these days with two in one night.
Before MitB we had the tag team ladder matches, I don't see why they don't just try that again with the IC title if they don't want to use the briefcase idea too much.

Toki767

So Shield won and Punk lost. I don't know where they go from here. Shield has lacked some real focus and direction since their debut and Punk's character can't be satisfied with losing like that. I guess they could make the Mania match a triple threat and add Punk but what does the shield do how that they've beaten Cena, who now has to feud with the Rock again anyway?

Shield vs Bryan/Kane or Shield vs Sheamus/Ryback/Orton.

Take your pick.

So Shield won and Punk lost. I don't know where they go from here. Shield has lacked some real focus and direction since their debut and Punk's character can't be satisfied with losing like that. I guess they could make the Mania match a triple threat and add Punk but what does the Shield do now that they've beaten Cena, who now has to feud with the Rock again anyway?

I'm thinking they are still going to do something with Shield and Ryback

So Shield won and Punk lost. I don't know where they go from here. Shield has lacked some real focus and direction since their debut and Punk's character can't be satisfied with losing like that. I guess they could make the Mania match a triple threat and add Punk but what does the Shield do now that they've beaten Cena, who now has to feud with the Rock again anyway?

I can see them doing the same match at WM, but with Orton subbed in, as he has nothing to do there, like Ryback and Sheamus.

So Shield won and Punk lost. I don't know where they go from here. Shield has lacked some real focus and direction since their debut and Punk's character can't be satisfied with losing like that. I guess they could make the Mania match a triple threat and add Punk but what does the Shield do now that they've beaten Cena, who has to feud with the Rock again anyway?

They will just have Rock beat Punk on a Raw for ratings

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
One thing I'm interested in following is how the Swagger/Del Rio angle will go. I mean, this is borderline Muhammad Hassan territory where they are treading and it doesn't really fit with the PG product. I think its fun to watch but it seems contrary to the stale product we have gotten the last few years.

I mean, there are going to be some fans really, really unhappy (like when they're in Texas or California).

Yeah this is going to be fun to watch.

Crazy how Swagger went from nobody to one of the most relevant guys. I remember when people thought Ziggler had a brighter future.

haha.

Ithil

I think Vince is so singularly focused on the match no one worth taking to wants to see, Twice In A Lifetime, that he's forgotten that it's a FOUR HOUR SHOW.

How many matches apart from the WWE title match have recieved any set up? At all? The WHC match is now set, on the PPV match before WM, with no prior story or anything.

I think the only match with any kind of set-up is Bryan vs Kane. I mean:

The Shield
Orton
Ryback
Sheamus
Cesaro
Miz
Henry
Barrett

What are all these people going to be doing at WM? No one even has an inkling, there's been zero indication or set-up. That's just the main eventers to the most prominent mid carders, too. The undercard has nothing either, not that it requires much.

Lesnar vs HHH II: Getting The Win Back has some slight set-up, I guess, but really, this is going to be one rushed WM card.

Top Bottom