• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think Vince is so singularly focused on the match no one worth taking to wants to see, Twice In A Lifetime, that he's forgotten that it's a FOUR HOUR SHOW.

How many matches apart from the WWE title match have recieved any set up? At all? The WHC match is now set, on the PPV match before WM, with no prior story or anything.

I think the only match with any kind of set-up is Bryan vs Kane. I mean:

The Shield
Orton
Ryback
Sheamus
Cesaro
Miz
Henry
Barrett

What are all these people going to be doing at WM? No one even has an inkling, there's been zero indication or set-up. That's just the main eventers to the most prominent mid carders, too. The undercard has nothing either, not that it requires much.

Lesnar vs HHH II: Getting The Win Back has some slight set-up, I guess, but really, this is going to be one rushed WM card.

Seven weeks is plenty of time to set up the card.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoyed the PPV overall. Del Rio vs Show would have been match of the night if it weren't for Del Rio's mega botch. I'd say the chamber match was the best. Good to see Dolph finally get a win! Main event was just okay. I love how last PPV the table broke pre move and in this one it didn't break at all. Table is getting FE'd. Shield winning was great and that match had a good finish.

Also, I'm really torn on Swagger. Dude is one hell of a wrestler but is just so damn boring gimmick wise.

7YPQmwB.jpg

Awesome

Omega

Banned
So either Punk's going to complain his way into a triple threat @ WM or he's going to have some pointless filler feud with a nobody..either way it looks bad and forced

Retarded finish but the rest of the PPV was enjoyable. Divas match was better than Rock/Punk. Rock is worse than Cena, he shouldn't even be in WWE. Awful promos that are a hundred times better than his ring "skills"

PS: Is there a way to change my avatar on my phone? Gotta have the Big Show

Ithil

Seven weeks is plenty of time to set up the card.

Not in the Modern WWE. The thing is many of those people can't just have last second filler matches, most need stories for WM, and they are so bad at time management now that it's going to be a mess.

Shield vs Bryan/Kane or Shield vs Sheamus/Ryback/Orton.

Take your pick.

I'm thinking they are still going to do something with Shield and Ryback

I can see them doing the same match at WM, but with Orton subbed in, as he has nothing to do there, like Ryback and Sheamus.

Subbing Orton for Cena works out I guess. It just really sucks that everything that was/could have been red hot like Shield, Maddox and even Ryback now has to take a backseat to Twice in a Lifetime. I really hope it's somehow worth it in the end and more lapsed/casual fans tune in for Rock and stay for everyone else.

tj hazuki

I really don't think its going to be Taker vs Punk. Taker is in bad shape and probably still needs to recover, and I don't think its going to be Punk/Brock because that wouldn't make much sense after The Shield won tonight.

Toki767

Subbing Orton for Cena works out I guess. It just really sucks that everything that was/could have been red hot like Shield, Maddox and even Ryback now has to take a backseat to Twice in a Lifetime. I really hope it's somehow worth it in the end and more lappsed/casual fans tune in for Rock and stay for everyone else.

I think if anything, more fans will tune out once Cena beats Rock and everything they came back for went back to how it was 7 or 8 years ago.

Ithil

Subbing Orton for Cena works out I guess. It just really sucks that everything that was/could have been red hot like Shield, Maddox and even Ryback now has to take a backseat to Twice in a Lifetime. I really hope it's somehow worth it in the end and more lapsed/casual fans tune in for Rock and stay for everyone else.

The last thing the lapsed/casual fans that returned thanks to the Rock will see at WM is the personification of the PG era, John Cena, being booed out of the building as WWE champion while the announcers scream about how great a night it is. They won't be back for RAW.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I was a bit, I mean a lot, drunk while watching. Did Dolph call Swagger, Jeff Swagger?

UberTag

I enjoyed the PPV overall. Del Rio vs Show would have been match of the night if it weren't for Del Rio's mega botch. I'd say the chamber match was the best. Good to see Dolph finally get a win!
Hey guys... Dolph Ziggler beat Kofi Kingston! OMG! What an accomplishment for Dolph. He beat the guy he's wrestled hundreds of times before. He's now on the cusp of greatness. You should all be proud of him. He's come so far from his days as Kerwin White's caddy. He's here to show the world! You're the man, Dolph!

The last thing the lapsed/casual fans that returned thanks to the Rock will see at WM is the personification of the PG era, John Cena, being booed out of the building as WWE champion while the announcers scream about how great a night it is. They won't be back for RAW.

But have the casuals returned to see the Rock? I think the ratings increase just coincide with the Rock returning around the time of the two most anticipated PPVs - Rumble and WM. I don't think anything changes in RAW's ratings or PPV buy rates this year without Rock.

Ithil

But have the casuals returned to see the Rock? I think the ratings increase just coincide with the Rock returning around the time of the two most anticipated PPVs - Rumble and WM. I don't think anything changes in RAW's ratings of PPV buy rates this year without Rock.

No, people definitely tuned in to see Rock at Rumble, and they stayed for RAW the next night. You could even see that happening here on GAF.

gurudyne

But have the casuals returned to see the Rock? I think the ratings increase just coincide with the Rock returning around the time of the two most anticipated PPVs - Rumble and WM. I don't think anything changes in RAW's ratings or PPV buy rates this year without Rock.

Never forget the influx of football fans post-Superbowl. Ratings always perk up in late January/early February because of it. Word has it some savvy wrestlers in the past have staged comebacks around this time to take credit for the ratings boosts.

Ithil

Ok, so the main event of WM, and Bork also, are both wasted this time. We know that. So it's up to the rest of the card to save WM. What would you all like to see as a card, that is also possible to happen?

dream

Jack Swagger challenging for a world title at WrestleMania is just hilarious. He's, like, the white Mark Henry.

mrboo001

Banned
Man, Gaming side is turning real ugly already with this next gen

Yes it is.... I'll admit it is fun to watch/read but I'm scared to death to post on gaming. I don't even want to risk getting ban for any reason.

Luckly WrassleGAF is my clam port in a stormy sea :)

On topic... it was a ok-good PPV. Matches where fun, some things where dumb but I'm ok watching it. I think I will skip Wrestlemania now unless the card improves.

Toki767

Ok, so the main event of WM, and Bork also, are both wasted this time. We know that. So it's up to the rest of the card to save WM. What would you all like to see as a card, that is also possible to happen?

We've been taught to not care about the undercard, so if the main event doesn't interest us, why bother with the show in general?

Jack Swagger challenging for a world title at WrestleMania is just hilarious. He's, like, the white Mark Henry.

I hope you mean Mark Henry when he first started and not Mark Henry now.

Part of me really does think that Vince is doing Rock/Cena 2 in New York of all places just to give Cena the belt there as the ultimate Fuck you to smarks.

Yes it is.... I'll admit it is fun to watch/read but I'm scared to death to post on gaming. I don't even want to risk getting ban for any reason.

Luckly WrassleGAF is my clam port in a stormy sea :)

On topic... it was a ok-good PPV. Matches where fun, some things where dumb but I'm ok watching it. I think I will skip Wrestlemania now unless the card improves.

Nah just stick around until WM. That's what I think I'm doing. I'm gonna give WM and the Raw after a chance and then call it quits for a while if they fail.

EDIT: Who the fuck am I kidding. I always want to quit and don't....I just need to stop lying to myself. I'm trapped for a while until they have no wrestlers left that I like.

I think if anything, more fans will tune out once Cena beats Rock and everything they came back for went back to how it was 7 or 8 years ago.

Well I'd like to think that if that is the case, those people wouldn't have stayed anyway even if Rock wins at Mania. The people that I hope stick around would have a dormant desire to watch wrestling and all of the madness that surrounds it. I'd hope that seeing guys like Bryan, Ziggler, Sandow, Cesaro and others inspires them to find new favorites to tune in for every week.

Top Bottom