• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Yep, he needs to be be at WM like this and then at the next WM he can look even older with a big grey bushy beard, ultimately he ends up at his last WM all skeletal.
The way I envisioned that made me laugh way too hard. You can't see any part of his body until he removes the robe. When he takes off the robe it's just a skeleton that stands there for a moment before collapsing into dust. Somehow he still wins. 50-0

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't forget Kofi.

Trouble_In_Miz.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty excited for this silly thing we're doing tonight, I hope to see you all there. :D

I'm TERRIFIED of about 5 people winning. Most of them I can grin and bear it, or see the humor in it, but some of them I absolutely do NOT want to see win. I'm scared.

jred2k

Is there GWF story continuation to go with the Rumble? GWF fucks up my sleep time, but there is no way I can't watch live.

McNei1y

I'm pretty excited for this silly thing we're doing tonight, I hope to see you all there. :D

I'm TERRIFIED of about 5 people winning. Most of them I can grin and bear it, or see the humor in it, but some of them I absolutely do NOT want to see win. I'm scared.

Are we changing avatars tonight or in March?

Aiii

So not worth it
I'll be asleep when it airs Sunny, but I'm anticipating this more then Undertaker's supposed return to Raw.

RBH

I'm watching WWE King of the Ring on Netflix right now.

Man, did I love Vince as a commentator. :lol

"LISTEN TO THIS RECEPTIONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching WWE King of the Ring on Netflix right now.

Man, did I love Vince as a commentator. :lol

"LISTEN TO THIS RECEPTIONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!"

Between Vince's crazy-voice and Monsoon's high-pitched "this is a happening!" and use of uncommon words, I really love the early 90s WWF.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. Whats the max characters in the ring at one time in WWE 13?

Six. Unfortunately. Still, it'll be, well, the word epic ACTUALLY fits, and I never use that word for things except Lawrence of Arabia (which is indeed a sweeping epic.)

RBH

And don't forget that The Best of WCW Monday Nitro Volume 2 comes out tomorrow!

br-lg-nitro-2.jpg

DISC 1

WCW United States Championship Match
Sting vs. Ric Flair
4th September, 1995

Madusa trashed the WWE Women’s Championship
18th December, 1995

Trashing the Gold

Hulk Hogan vs. Arn Anderson
12th February, 1996

Steiner Brothers vs. Road Warriors
11th March, 1996

Cruiserweights

Jushin “Thunder” Liger vs. Dean Malenko
6th May, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera
16th September, 1996

Rookie of the Year

Eric Bischoff’s Biggest Regret
30th September, 1996

WCW United States Championship Tournament Quarter Finals Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jeff Jarrett
9th December, 1996

The Lone Wolf

Kevin Nash patches up potholes
21st April, 1997

Hollywood Hogan makes Sting worship him
26th May, 1997

Through the Crowd

Ric Flair vs. Scott Hall
2nd June, 1997

DISC 2

Celebrities

Hollywood Hogan & Dennis Rodman call out Lex Luger & The Giant
16th June, 1997

Rey Mysterio vs. Kevin Nash
30th June, 1997

La Parka vs. Randy Savage
7th July, 1997

Goldberg vs. Hugh Morrus
22nd September, 1997

Homegrown

Booker T vs. Jeff Jarrett
6th October, 1997

Street Fight for the WCW World Tag Team Championship
Steiner Brothers vs. Public Enemy
3rd November, 1997

NWO sings “O Canada”
10th November, 1997

Booker T vs. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
15th December, 1997

Remembering Macho Man

Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera & Hector Garza vs. Psicosis, Silver King & La Parka
22nd December, 1997

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Chris Jericho
5th January, 1998

Spring Breakout

Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. Sting, “Macho Man” Randy Savage & The Giant
9th March, 1998

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sting vs. Diamond Dallas Page
23rd March, 1998

Raven’s Rules Match for the WCW United States Championship
Raven vs. Goldberg
20th April, 1998

Birth of the Wolfpac
4th May, 1998

DISC 3

NWO Divided

Kevin Nash & Lex Luger vs. Hollywood Hogan & The Giant
1st June, 1998

Chris Jericho meets the real Goldberg
28th September, 1998

Nitro Parties

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
21st December, 1998

Ladder Match for the Taser
Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Scott Hall
25th January, 1999

Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper
8th February, 1999

Jersey Boys

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Perry Saturn & Kaynon vs. Diamond Dallas Page & Bam Bam Bigelow
31st May, 1999

“Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Hollywood Hogan
12th July, 1999

Nitro Girls

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. Goldberg & Bret “Hit Man” Hart
13th December, 1999

House of Pain Match
Sting vs. Vampiro
15th May, 2000

Shane Helms vs. Shannon Moore
26th February, 2001

WCW United States & World Heavyweight Championship Match
Booker T vs. Scott Steiner
26th March, 2001

A Celebration of Nitro

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES

Hulk Hogan vs. Lex Luger
11th September, 1995

Ric Flair vs. Brian Pillman
18th September, 1995

J.L. vs. NWO Sting
21st October, 1996

Sting & Lex Luger vs. Hollywood Hogan & Randy Savage
16th March, 1998

Steel Cage Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Randy Savage
15th June, 1998

Goldberg vs. Sting
14th September, 1998

WCW Television Championship Match
Scott Steiner vs. Chris Jericho
1st February, 1999

Ric Flair & Goldberg vs. Hollywood Hogan & Kevin Nash
15th March, 1999

Jeff Jarrett reclaims his WCW World Heavyweight Championship
22nd November, 1999

DDP and Randy Savage’s War of Words

Kaladin

Wake me when they start doing season sets.....they can probably do two PPVs worth of Nitro episodes for a reasonable price and include the PPVs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And don't forget that The Best of WCW Monday Nitro Volume 2 comes out tomorrow!
br-lg-nitro-2.jpg

Tempted to just wait for Netflix to pick it up in a month. Great set though, excellent stuff.

Enjoying this DDP Yoga. Onto the 3rd week of it now, can't say I'm noticing anything major, but then I guess it's only 3 weeks. I'll update on Friday when I do the first 'Fat Burner' set. Diamond Dozen and Energy! are pretty straight forward and relaxing. A few phases in Energy! that really get you straining (such as Broken Table).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoying this DDP Yoga. Onto the 3rd week of it now, can't say I'm noticing anything major, but then I guess it's only 3 weeks. I'll update on Friday when I do the first 'Fat Burner' set. Diamond Dozen and Energy! are pretty straight forward and relaxing. A few phases in Energy! that really get you straining (such as Broken Table).

If you feel good, you feel good.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rewatching Lesnar destroying Miz.

I could watch Lesnar kill stuff all day, I hope they use every last one of his dates for the next two years to have him come out and destroy stuff while Heyman is in the background whimpering. Good stuff.

Nah, because sometimes I wouldn't be able to tell until they're in the ring. It is a random entry Ramble so...

Production values on this one are through the roof! No Fisher-Price slumming it!

Honestly I hope to god Zandig hits the ring at #40, his music is amazing.

I'm running a sim of it right now to see what approximate timeframe it'll be - this cut into my GWF storyline work so we very well may not have time to proceed the GWF story until the week after. It's been an ordeal, but will pay off.

In the event I am not here to watch this, you must upload this to YouTube. This is not an option, this must be recorded for posterity

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In the event I am not here to watch this, you must upload this to YouTube. This is not an option, this must be recorded for posterity

It'll either make its way there or be permanently archived on Twitch.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
WWE put up some old OVW stuff from 2001 on their YT channel with Laser, Orton, Cena and Batista, but they never put up full matches. Only the last couple of minutes. Pisses me off, I'd like to watch the whole matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE put up some old OVW stuff from 2001 on their YT channel with Laser, Orton, Cena and Batista, but they never put up full matches. Only the last couple of minutes. Pisses me off, I'd like to watch the whole matches.

That's a shame.

BTW I have a full Prototype match on my WCWArchive channel, for what it's worth. Protobomb is a neat move.

Also you wrote Laser, and all I thought of was Laserfrog. Maybe a good bet in the future, if anyone bets against Laserfrog, is a name change - if he loses, he's Lesnarfrog.

Kaladin

Dragon Gate USA is hyping an announcement of a Japanese wrestler for Wrestlecon. They will make the announcement during Raw.

Kaladin

I think I'm doing Chikara in Orlando also.....it's the day after my local NXT show. Looks like I get a wrasslin weekend in 2013 afterall.

I really should try and see some live wrestling this year - Ricochet is coming over for Progress Wrestling on March 31st, facing El Ligero in what should be an awesome main event. Should probably get off my ass and buy some tickets for that one already.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really should try and see some live wrestling this year - Ricochet is coming over for Progress Wrestling on March 31st, facing El Ligero in what should be an awesome main event. Should probably get off my ass and buy some tickets for that one already.

Support the business, live! Ricochet coming over is a good pull, too.

Those Dragon Gate UK cards looked awesome too. Me and a couple buddies may fly across the pond next year for a DGUK weekend and stay a bit.

Grabbed a pair of tickets, standing room only though - 1st row and the premium seats sold out on the day of release, which just shows how much of a good name Progress is building for itself.

Here's a full match they posted on their youtube a few days ago;

Marty Scurll vs Stixx vs Dave Mastiff - (Progress 11/25/12)

mechashiva said:
Those Dragon Gate UK cards looked awesome too. Me and a couple buddies may fly across the pond next year for a DGUK weekend and stay a bit.

Yeah, the DGUK cards have always been great, but the locations they run are a bit of a pain for me as I don't drive. I'll get to one someday though, lol.

I'd really love to do the wXw 16 Carat Cup in Germany one year, as those shows are always amazing.

Punk was almost seriously injured by Miz's suplex Saturday night. Miz lost his balance in the ring and dropped Punk right on his head. Punk rolled out of the ring immediately and was tended to by the trainer at ringside. He got back in the action, but was wrestling at a much slower pace. He was clearly shaken up.

Wonder how things went when they got backstage...

Jamie OD

I'd really love to do the wXw 16 Carat Cup in Germany one year, as those shows are always amazing.

I attended the 2011 16 Carat weekend. There were some excellent matches that took place there and I even watched a wrestlers vs fans football game. It was just as chaotic as it sounds.

Bit LTTP there Enigma, we've been ragging on Miz for two days now ;)

We've been ragging on Miz for two years (and then some), this was just more fuel on the fire.

Except for that one week last year where you guys thought Miz was amazing for calling out Kofi's WWE cookie cutter face persona and trapped in the midcard for life status like it was the pipebomb to end all pipebombs.

How long before Miz seriously injures someone? And why was he doing a delayed vertical suplex in the first place? Oh, because Ryback was doing it? Well, that's just dandy.

Jamie OD said:
I attended the 2011 16 Carat weekend. There were some excellent matches that took place there and I even watched a wrestlers vs fans football game. It was just as chaotic as it sounds.

Oh, so jealous. The 2011 one was a great tournament. I remember seeing clips of that football match, it was an extra on the DVD set, iirc.

Top Bottom