• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Aiii

So not worth it
Not one to back down from making controversial tweets, WWE Superstar CM Punk is at it again. In response to the news that Catholic Pope Benedict XVI is stepping down due to health issues related to his advanced age (85), Punk re-tweeted a message from a fan who wrote, “The pope resigned? I did nazi that coming.” and called the joke “Magic.”

Another fan replied Punk’s tweet, writing, “Ouch. That’s an envelope-pushing tweet for a company employee…” Punk fired back,

“Oh piss off. Pope was a nazi.”

Pope Benedict has been criticized for his involvement in the “Hitler Youth” program in Nazi Germany during the late 1930′s. The Pope has defended his participation in the group, saying that all all children growing up in Germany at the time had no choice but to swear their allegiance to the fascist leader.

The historical facts are what they are … but one has to question one of WWE’s top superstars explicitly stating the “Pope was a Nazi” on Twitter ..

Oh my Punk, oh my.

I'm no fan of the Pope, but I'm not a public figure representing a PG company in a country full of extremely religious folk. Heh.

Thought this was cool - Mark Henry returns to Funkin' University to speak to Dory Funk Jr's latest class of students;

ibbRLpjaIaLMLe.jpg

And here's a few shots from Mark's class back in 1995, which also included Edge, Val Venis, Marc Mero, TAKA Michinoku, & Albert;

i4GbIo8KmzBkd.jpg

igpsnOhUXJVdw.jpg

iHq0DRbDPrHHi.jpg

iBeYLylXVwGoY.jpg

Next Generation has paid all workers in advance, apparently they have nothing to do with the fiasco that was last time.

Guess they got shot of whoever was responsible for that mess. I heard it was because they booked flights at the last minute and had to pay far more than they were expecting, and then couldn't pay a lot of the wrestlers or even the hotels they had them staying in. And it didn't take long for the Hart name to be dropped from the project - iirc, they were going to call it Stampede something or other, but the rights to the name are still owned by the Harts.

Sokantish

Just now watching last week's smackdown... Great Khali has got to be on his way out right? He's way worse off than Undertaker and they don't even let taker come out more than once a year!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good footage of Brock Lesnar after signing his new contract:

69733.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Pope wasn't a Nazi. As someone who grew up in a dictatorship, I always resent it when people start judging what you had to go through during it. Razinger was a young child at the time, who likely had no idea what was going on, and had to swear allegiance to survive. Punk is an idiot.

Aiii

So not worth it
Punk's gonna Punk. Not smart though, but it's part of who he is and what makes his character.

Besides, I'm no fan of this Pope. Esp. after last Christmas when he called Gay Marriage, abortion and euthanasia a threat to world peace. That pissed me off.

jred2k

Considering all the dumb shit celebrities have to see from their @ mentions on a daily basis they should be allowed to say something stupid every now and then.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Considering all the dumb shit celebrities have to see from their @ mentions on a daily basis they should be allowed to say something stupid every now and then.
He can say whatever he wants, whenever he wants. I still reserve the right to call him an idiot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So excited for the Mascot Rumble tonight. SO EXCITED.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
so sheamus/ryback isn't in the world title picture for mania?

that belt really doesn't mean shit, does it

You tell me.

Rey Mysterio vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton vs. TBA vs. TBA

Elimination Chamber match to determine the No. 1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 29

somedevil

You know what I'm glad they don't bring back?

Electrified cages.

Brings back this TNA Memory of Lockdown 2007:

Team 3D fought LAX in an Electrified Six Sides of Steel Match. Instead of actually electrifying the cage, TNA simply turned off the house lights and lit the ring with a light bluish glow. Whenever someone touched the cage, the light flickered and the wrestlers squirmed around as if they'd been tazed. None of this stopped TNA from showing close-ups of the wrestlers touching the cage outside of these "shock spots" or Hernandez wearing gloves in order to climb the cage.

Also brought out the Fire Russo chants when the impact fans cared about the product.

Top Bottom