• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batigol

Banned
hfIz8ak.jpg

He was ahead of his time. Wisdom through the ass

Seemed pretty honest about things. Pretty much said the whole thing is an angle and the company had to take a risk to get bigger. None of the sleaze that came out was true. He thinks fans were just trying to fill in gaps of the story with that stuff. Mentions his wife a few times. All of they're social media has grown in the last 8 months. They've run more events this year then ever before with the wrestling is shows including 11 in August so money isn't an issue. Said he could have done things differently to let fans know what was going on a little better but some people get it and some don't so they'll keep doing what they do. Also said they're taking the company on the road for season 14! Few more notes I'm probably forgetting. All in all my faith in Quack has paid off! Time to step out the closet and see the light homie.

I have some bad news.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seemed pretty honest about things. Pretty much said the whole thing is an angle and the company had to take a risk to get bigger. None of the sleaze that came out was true. He thinks fans were just trying to fill in gaps of the story with that stuff. Mentions his wife a few times. All of they're social media has grown in the last 8 months. They've run more events this year then ever before with the wrestling is shows including 11 in August so money isn't an issue. Said he could have done things differently to let fans know what was going on a little better but some people get it and some don't so they'll keep doing what they do. Also said they're taking the company on the road for season 14! Few more notes I'm probably forgetting. All in all my faith in Quack has paid off! Time to step out the closet and see the light homie.

Man, I get a totally different vibe from that. I have no faith. :/

I guess I just hear "it's an angle" too many times with smaller feds when it's really bullshit. I just can't take what he says at face value.

they should've worked an angle where he loses his fortune and becomes shoot fighter Del Rio, working from the bottom into riches again. work that Cain Velasquez angle.

Man that would have been nice.

"The only way...for me to chase my fortune, to get it back...is to break every arm on the way."

There was SO MUCH they could have done with his money, goddammit. He could have hired enforcers to be called up to the main roster, done bounty angles, had a fortune-losing angle, anything. Dammit.

strobogo

Banned
I think I'm going to need to do another 92 Superstars show. So fun. So energizing. Nailz slapping the fuck out of Boss Man. Squashes. Creepy female fans. WBF shilling.

As nice as it is to think everything was all hunky dory, as always, the most logical conclusion is usually the correct one.

I could see KoT happening, but not at the scope it was before. I'd be surprised if there's many outside talents now.

Kaladin

As nice as it is to think everything was all hunky dory, as always, the most logical conclusion is usually the correct one.

I could see KoT happening, but not at the scope it was before. I'd be surprised if there's many outside talents now.

If National Pro Wrestling Day is any indication, fan interest could be spiked for the return. We'll see if they sustain it though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If there's no KoT show then that'd be madness, that's definitely their biggest show they do as far as getting peoples' attention.

I think I'm going to need to do another 92 Superstars show. So fun. So energizing. Nailz slapping the fuck out of Boss Man. Squashes. Creepy female fans. WBF shilling.

I was fucking legit shook as a kid with the Nailz storyline, thought that shit was real. Shook as fuck. Only other thing that shook me as hard was when the Road Warriors put Dusty's eye out. I was telling my parents as a kid how that was REAL.

#ABA #askbootaaayanything

Who's better, Hawk or Animal?

It's Animal. Bless Hawk's voice though.

None of your bad news has ever happened, your 0 for infinity. Go back to CZW and let those of us who still can enjoy wrestling.

See, this is the kind of shit that makes me not take you very seriously. You're not going to get any sick burns here.

If you read back, I'm pretty sure I said Feb at earliest. And also, I work wherever, not just CZW. Including CHIKARA for 3 years, believe it or not!

I know you're flying on cloud nine now, but if you really think a promotion voluntarily shut down for a year, I've got more bad news!

If National Pro Wrestling Day is any indication, fan interest could be spiked for the return. We'll see if they sustain it though.

I could definitely see it, it just concerns me about bringing the old fans back who wanted nothing to do with this.

Thank god its over now, though. Get back to the stuff that made you.

somedevil

Raw viewership for 2/3 Raw:

hour 1: 4.428
hour 2: 4.221
hour 3: 3.983

Avg: 4.221

Well for a show where nothing happened its okay. Last year a show with the rock did the same amount.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope BillRiccio and BronsonLee will either patch things up or legit ignore each other instead of making this weird sexy tension.

Kaladin

Raw viewership for 2/3 Raw:

hour 1: 4.428
hour 2: 4.221
hour 3: 3.983

Avg: 4.221

Well for a show where nothing happened its okay. Last year a show with the rock did the same amount.

Football season is over. They've got time till any big sporting event runs against them again.

strobogo

Banned
If there's no KoT show then that'd be madness, that's definitely their biggest show they do as far as getting peoples' attention.

I was fucking legit shook as a kid with the Nailz storyline, thought that shit was real. Shook as fuck. Only other thing that shook me as hard was when the Road Warriors put Dusty's eye out. I was telling my parents as a kid how that was REAL.

#ABA #askbootaaayanything

Who's better, Hawk or Animal?

It's Animal. Bless Hawk's voice though.

Watching the clips they showed, it looked legit as fuck. I doubt there was ever a beat down in that period that looked as real and mean as that one. And that fucking voice. Nailz was creepy.

Striker

Last year's show did:

8 p.m. 4.86 million viewers

9 p.m. 4.86 million viewers

10 p.m. 4.71 million viewers

And Rock wasn't on the show. Brock was, though.

Does the CHIKARA Kool-aid taste like ice cream?

It seems a really strange risk to choose to grow a company but we shall see. I'm looking forward to some new CHIKARA shows as I was a huge fan from 2004-06 but it's all gotten too wacky yet not fun in the past few years.

Fuck King of Trios - bring back the tag team tournament!

Valentus

So how many "big stars" left in WWE can walk away?

Del Rio: He made his fortune in CMLL and their family has more money too for the insane amount of mexican movies Dos Caras does in the 80s

Sheamus: He is an Haitch guy, it's not him.

Big Shoe: Haitch and Steph payed all his debts, he cant quit!!!

Cena: lol

Mysterio: His knees quited before he even notice.

Orton: Another Haitch guy.

Bork: hes winning more money than half of the roster combined by doing absolutely nothing.

Bryan: Not that kind personality.

Yeah, Del Rio has big chances of being the one.

Does the CHIKARA Kool-aid taste like ice cream?

It seems a really strange risk to choose to grow a company but we shall see. I'm looking forward to some new CHIKARA shows as I was a huge fan from 2004-06 but it's all gotten too wacky yet not fun in the past few years.

Fuck King of Trios - bring back the tag team tournament!

It tastes like Los Ice Creams!

charsace

So how many "big stars" left in WWE can walk away?

Del Rio: He made his fortune in CMLL and their family has more money too for the insane amount of mexican movies Dos Caras does in the 80s

Sheamus: He is an Haitch guy, it's not him.

Big Shoe: Haitch and Steph payed all his debts, he cant quit!!!

Cena: lol

Mysterio: His knees quited before he even notice.

Orton: Another Haitch guy.

Bork: hes winning more money than half of the roster combined by doing absolutely nothing.

Bryan: Not that kind personality.

Yeah, Del Rio has big chances of being the one.

Del Rio, Orton, and Lesnar are the guys I can see walking. Despite what people believe Orton and H aren't friends.

I listened to that Quackenbush interview. I appreciate what he's trying to do to "elevate" professional wrestling as an art form by playing with narrative structure. And I've been to my share of Chikara events, including a couple of King of Trios, a Young Lions Cup, and a bunch of Philadelphia shows when they were at the ECW Arena.

I just can't muster the energy to care. I barely can get the energy to care about WWE, and that's being broadcast into my home for a small fee. The idea of going to Easton, PA to watch a bunch of moderate-at-best wrestlers try to combine puro and lucha sounded great when I had disposable time, not to mention disposable income, but I'm not at that stage in my life anymore. Going dark for 8 months guaranteed that I would find my entertainment from sources that are at least more easily accessed.

Also, the idea that I would have to root for Icarus in any capacity is absurd. He was a great heel because he's just an awful wrestler; we could boo his character and his performance at the same time. Now, he's positioned as the primary tecnico in this storyline; that's a key weak link.

He's probably thinking Ontario, Canada.
I had a friend who went to the most recent live event in Ontario, he said Zeb cut a promo saying "Ontario? This doesn't sound like an AMERICAN city..."

I should've bought tickets to Smackdown next week, apparently it's the first WWE televised event in the Inland Empire

Striker

Orton's the champ, albeit a terribly booked one. He isn't going anywhere since he always gets the main event spots as the heel.

strobogo

Banned
Lesnar has no reason to leave. He gets paid more than anyone to work the least. He'll have 7 matches in 2 years come WM and he makes the most money of anyone on the roster. He doesn't have to do house shows, doesn't have to do promotional work. He shows up a few times a year for a few minutes on TV and 15-20 minutes at a PPV. He's making more for WWE than UFC.

Anth0ny

Lesnar has no reason to leave. He gets paid more than anyone to work the least. He'll have 7 matches in 2 years come WM and he makes the most money of anyone on the roster. He doesn't have to do house shows, doesn't have to do promotional work. He shows up a few times a year for a few minutes on TV and 15-20 minutes at a PPV. He's making more for WWE than UFC.

This. He has the greatest job in the world.

I can't even imagine how much he was paid to just beat the living shit out of Big Show with a chair last week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys I was wrong about MGS: GZ. It's not 4 hours.

It's 2 hours.

Yeah, that's a little insane. Also hearing you can speedrun it in 5 mins, which is interesting. Still, $40 for that ain't happening.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So guys. The Green Ranger wants to fight Punk.

JASON DAVID FRANK - Official Fan Page

So now that CM punk is out of his contracts and wants to do MMA. Why not me? He already said he fight me. I got this on video from a fan. Come on CM punk we could make this a awesome fight. Plus his weight is way down. This is a recent pic. I'll make any weight to make this happen!! JDF @wizardworld

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As the new resident grumpy old man, how many cards will Suzuki rip in half?
I know a Shinskee, Yano, and Yujiro card definitley won't make it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom