• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I might bite the bullet and buy that if you won't.

Do you have a way to digitize VHS? I don't. If you do I'll hold off, but if not and we're still in the same boat, I'll pick it up and figure something out.

strobogo

Banned
I wish it was on Amazon since I have gift card money there to blow. But I also have a lot left on a Christmas visa. And instead of spending it on booze, I'm going to spend it on STRIATIONS!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish it was on Amazon since I have gift card money there to blow. But I also have a lot left on a Christmas visa. And instead of spending it on booze, I'm going to spend it on STRIATIONS!

Is it too early to induct Strobogo into the WrassleGAF Hall of Fame for this? This is automatic sainthood.

mrboo001

Banned
I'm just amazed we got to this point.

Two former main eventers are about to quit the company in the span of two weeks amidst uncertainty of pay because the company won't hold a one-hour meeting addressing how pay will work after the launch of a network announced 3 years ago scheduled to debut in 2.5 weeks.

It is funny... shouldn't this be one of the greatest years for the WWE? New Network, new TV Contract, Wrestlemania 30 but it seems like it about to come apart. I'm not even talking about the misuse of Bryan, but Punk's (and possblie more) leaving and Bastia bombing with the crowd. Interesting times

EDIT: Oh shit, I'm a proper Member now! No more Junior Member for me! :D

strobogo

Banned
1ZDcr4A.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Strobogo is way too nice for this community. What a guy.

Anth0ny

It is funny... shouldn't this be one of the greatest years for the WWE? New Network, new TV Contract, Wrestlemania 30 but it seems like it about to come apart. I'm not even talking about the misuse of Bryan, but Punk's (and possblie more) leaving and Bastia bombing with the crowd. Interesting times

EDIT: Oh shit, I'm a proper Member now! No more Junior Member for me! :D

I think it will be their greatest year from the financial point of view. The new TV deal is making them a fuckzillion dollars, far more than even the peak of the Attitude Era. like they give a fuck if punk walks out or crowds shit on every show...

my hero

UWF - SUPER TIGER vs MACH HAYATO - 1984

ikJ0AvEYAGBaK.gif

Super Tiger is Satoru Sayama, the original Tiger Mask. Sayama would go on to create Shooto in 1985 and held arguably the first modern style MMA fights in the late 80s.

i4EYUUoxsPgGv.gif

great kicking technique by Tiger.

iytiQWZKsODuH.gif

great sequence. at this point UWF was still a mix of NJPW Junior HW style with some shoot style techniques mixed in.

iAlNM34m6l5JE.gif

another good striking sequence by Tiger, great form to his kicks.

i8zrRw4We5Tbi.gif

belly-to-hip suplex? look good.

iAvHglbUm73ts.gif

Mach finally gets some offence in as Tiger misses a flying headbutt. good piledriver.

i4fhlfwOiU1kX.gif

Mach counters and throws Tiger outside the ring. this dives is hilarious becuase the camera angle makes it seem like Mach landed straight on his head.

ib0jjpdTURZAXU.gif

back inside the ring, Mach goes up top but Tiger just throws him face first into the canvas.

ibnw47HWfZbcOU.gif

beautiful butterfly suplex.

ibjUHu3cxswFjL.gif

indiewrestling.gif

ibgksStL7jtQM9.gif

perfectly executed Tiger Suplex for the finish.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

Hasney

If anyone else that is a "former main eventer" quits, I'd bank on Rey. His knee is so fucked he'd probably attempt to hold himself ransom to make sure that his last Wrestlemania has at least a guaranteed big payday attached.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That last Tiger Suplex is beautiful. Just beautiful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If he really does leave get ready for:

Doesn't matter if he's ready to move up from NXT or not, no way are the E letting that Mexican money get away from them.

Oh hell yes. I can't wait. Dude is the real deal. Lots of fun when I watch him. He's gonna be HUGE.

Xater

WWE has a report on Naomi:

During Naomi’s match with Aksana on the Feb. 3 edition of Monday Night Raw, the WWE Universe saw the Funkadactyl left reeling after taking a knee to the face from Aksana. WWE.com can now confirm that Naomi did indeed suffer an injury as a result of the maneuver.

“We took a look at her in the training room after she came back from her match,” said WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann. “She appears to have a bruised orbital bone or a bruised eye socket, as well as a scratch on her cornea.”

The good news is, the initial tests both cleared Naomi of a possible concussion and suggested a quick recovery. “We did a full eye examination and a head examination as well as a neurological examination; no signs of concussion,” said Dr. Amann. “We’re going to have her use ice and Tylenol and check her out again tomorrow."

That was such a dumb move by Aksana.

MoosiferX

Yottsume said that tomorrow he'll be releasing the English translated KinPuro card opening with Minoru Suzuki!

Not sure why I enjoyed watching Nakamura open wrestling trading cards so much, but hopefully Suzuki's is just as fun.

*edit, you can watch the Nakamura ones at Yottsume's youtube channel;

http://www.youtube.com/user/yotsumeneko/videos

Oh wow, that's awesome. I just snagged a few boxes of the Wrestle Kingdom 8 and Return of the Champions sets for myself and the Mrs. and pulled:

kopwwoot.png

We keep importing them to sell at our store, but then myself, the Mrs., and our employee end up buying all of them. xD

Xater

Oh wow, that's awesome. I just snagged a few boxes of the Wrestle Kingdom 8 and Return of the Champions sets for myself and the Mrs. and pulled:

kopwwoot.png

We keep importing them to sell at our store, but then myself, the Mrs., and our employee end up buying all of them. xD

Can you actually play the game if you are outside of Japan?

Xater

Yes sir! They even have an option to list yourself as playing from America. And Google Translate does a reasonable job of translating the site as well.

Huh, interesting. For some reason I thought this was one of those games bound to an arcade machine.

Oh hell yes. I can't wait. Dude is the real deal. Lots of fun when I watch him. He's gonna be HUGE.

Between this and the thought of never having to see another Del Rio/Cara or Del Rio/Sheamus match again, I kinda hope him leaving is true.

Really, nobody should have had to continue to see Del Rio/Cara in 2014. Let alone repeatedly.

MoosiferX

Huh, interesting. For some reason I thought this was one of those games bound to an arcade machine.

I thought that at first also, but was pleasantly surprised. Sign up at kopw.jp and they hook you up with some generic cards until you purchase some of your own. The game itself is played on PC/mobile/etc.

strobogo

Banned
What kind of truth bombs could Quack possibly drop except admit to the world that he's a mark ass Quark and a douchey trainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom