• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Saved By The Bell version

iwVnJMJGSdvEX.gif

Oh my god, this episode has highlights from the 1992 WBF PPV. If the 1991 tape is anything like what I'm seeing, it's the best investment I'll ever make in my life.

I have seen both WBF PPVs (and have links to them) and the second one is FAR, FAR better than the first in terms of entertainment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have seen both WBF PPVs (and have links to them) and the second one is FAR, FAR better than the first in terms of entertainment.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAVE.US_STRIATIONS

I'll beg!

Raw viewership for 2/3 Raw:

hour 1: 4.428
hour 2: 4.221
hour 3: 3.983

Avg: 4.221

Well for a show where nothing happened its okay. Last year a show with the rock did the same amount.

More proof nobody wants to see Daniel Bryan in the main event. Bring back a man who can draw ratings, Brotista!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Unrelated to wrestling(though the old raw theme was jazzy and awesome), but I've rediscovered the world of smooth jazz, and it is great. Spyro Gyra fave five

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BOBBY HEENAN WAS A COMMENTATOR IN THIS?! HOLY CHRIST

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i'm hyperventilating

HYPERVENTILATING

this is HEAVEN

UberTag

But, I want to cheer for Ziggler and boo Miz. This is the end of everything.
When I caught the Unforgiven PPV live in Toronto back in 2006 and watched D-Generation X face off against Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon and The Big Show I mercilessly booed everyone in that match... with the exception of Shane whom I cheered.

You can make this work.
Boo every hot tag to Miz. Cheer every hot tag to Ziggles.
If Ziggles gets the pinfall win, cheer. If he takes the pin, boo.
If Miz gets the pinfall win, boo. If he takes the pin, cheer.
This isn't rocket science.

Incidentally, I approve of the Cleveland Connection joining forces as a tag team.

Striker

With Phil Brooks going home, you'd expect them to push somebody else who's younger and into the main event. It might look weird considering their recent barrage of losses, but it's better than the alternatives. After Dolph Ziggler's throwaway WWE app promo it would be a good start. Hell Sheamus misses six months and is inserted back in immediately. Must be nice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Beautiful striations. I swear to god I've reached my sexual peak, nothing can ever come close to this

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
OH MY GOODNESS LOOK AT THIS MAJESTY

Goddamn a Vince soundboard from this could be the best thing ever.

strobogo

Banned
I'm only 10 minutes in. This is the weirdest shit I've ever seen. "Well, you've heard of a Dutch oven" just made me legit lol. I can't stop laughing.

iDl2GGJyM5Ex9.gif

ibxNzMdFxGKZk5.gif

iKCP1sDghAcrk.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am FASCINATED by 1991's commentary on the Strydom posing. It's not Vince on there, it's the same music, but...it's just fascinating.

That means the quest isn't over. I need to find the 1991 one with Vince's commentary. Maybe on a random episode of Superstars, Vince recorded commentary for it? It's puzzling.

EDIT: Vince dubbed over it with his voice for an episode of WBF Bodystars. So we have to find the whole run of Bodystars, somehow. Fucking miracle to find that...

strobogo

Banned
This is incredible and so weird. The commentary calling it like an actual sporting event is bizarre. It's like hearing gymnastics commentary or something. The profiles are great. Shit makes me want to get SWOLL as fuck immediately. There is a 24 gym about 2 miles away. I might have to start getting in there and getting my pump on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is incredible and so weird. The commentary calling it like an actual sporting event is bizarre. It's like hearing gymnastics commentary or something. The profiles are great. Shit makes me want to get SWOLL as fuck immediately. There is a 24 gym about 2 miles away. I might have to start getting in there and getting my pump on.

The vignettes are my favorite parts so far. Such a STRANGE set of videos. I love em.

Son Of D

Just finished watching Raw. That was horrible.

Bad News Barret segment better not lead to a match between him and King...
Emma's debut was so disappointing. Seriously messed that one up.
Why was Miz there again? That angle shouldn't be used on him.
Speaking of that match, random Ryder cameo.
That moonsault botch... Fuck
Why are Del Rio and Batista even feuding? Did anyone even want to see that match?
Shield vs Wyatts should be good. That Wyatt promo was good.
sadcesaro.gif

Any word on whether or not that Shawn Michaels Mania DVD will have WM20?

Hahaha if you want Phantom Pain you have to pay at least $460. $60 for game, minimum $400 for next-gen console. Game Informer says it's only coming to the Bone and PS4

A stupider decision than a Ziggler/Miz team.

strobogo

Banned
The black dude who obviously must be called the Dark Angel who drinks home made Chinese tea, plays guitar, and draws comics is great. And gay, but I'm sure that wasn't going to come up in 1991. And then he comes out dressed like a wrestler to the Phantom of the Opera theme. It's so good.

All the SWOLL in the world doesn't mean much when your dick and balls are all shriveled up, though.

Anth0ny

Hahaha if you want Phantom Pain you have to pay at least $460. $60 for game, minimum $400 for next-gen console. Game Informer says it's only coming to the Bone and PS4

That's fucking weird. Why skip out on 360/PS3 considering the huge install base? And the fact that Ground Zeroes can clearly run on them? lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Phantom Pain won't even be around until 2015 (at the earliest)...

Time to buy a new console. Writing has been on the wall for a while already, devs and publishers are already turning what were supposed to be PS3/360 only games into cross gen games.

The black dude who obviously must be called the Dark Angel who drinks home made Chinese tea, plays guitar, and draws comics is great. And gay, but I'm sure that wasn't going to come up in 1991. And then he comes out dressed like a wrestler to the Phantom of the Opera theme. It's so good.

All the SWOLL in the world doesn't mean much when your dick and balls are all shriveled up, though.

balls shrink, dick is fine

PWInsider said:
Regarding the story of CM Punk possibly suffering a concussion at the Royal Rumble, he did pass an ImPACT concussion test on the Monday before he walked out of the company. However, Punk did get banged up in the 30-man Royal Rumble match.
During a WWE creative meeting this past weekend, the writers were told that Punk went home because he "got his bell rung" in the Rumble match.

There's a belief within the company, possibly passed down from Triple H and/or Vince McMahon, that Punk walked out simply because he was banged up as opposed to everything else like creative frustration, the WrestleMania XXX match with Triple H and everything else that's been reported.

Nobody knows what kind of talks Punk and Vince have had since last Monday but there is a feeling within WWE that Vince may be under the impression Punk left because he got hurt.

Vince assuming somebody quit because they were a baby who couldn't find a bandage in 2014 wouldn't surprise me or anybody else at this point. This company is not in good hands, whether they be Vince's or HHH's, and won't be for a while.

The sooner we can end this cross gen garbage is the sooner we'll see games taking advantage of the new hardware with ideas not possible on those ancient consoles. I'm happy it won't be on the PS360.

This new gen should've started in 2011, breh. Buy a new console and move on already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom