• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

So much for the Mania card basically being set, outside of Lesnar/Taker, the entire card appears to be fucked.
The actual main event of Wrestlemania XXX will be watching it to see how the 70,000 people in attendance take a dump on the entire card.

There will be euphoric Daniel Bryan and CM Punk chants.
There will be Hogan chants. Ric Flair wooing.
People will do a modified wave during the Randy Orton vs. Batista match while chanting YES to pass the time until the wave reaches their side of the Superdome.
There will be 'End This Match' chants, 'Randy's Average' chants, 'This Is Awful' chants, 'We Want Divas' chants, impromptu breakouts of people doing the Fandango dance.
Hopefully folks with ringside seats will actively turn away from the ring and pull a Bo Dallas when something they don't care for has been paraded out before them.

All with the explicit intention of driving Vince McMahon into a fit of rage.

And it will be glorious.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The actual main event of Wrestlemania XXX will be watching it to see how badly the 70,000 people in attendance take a dump on the entire card.

People will do a modified wave during the Randy Orton vs. Batista match while chanting YES to pass the time until the wave reaches their side of the Superdome.
There will be 'End This Match' chants, 'Randy's Average' chants, 'This Is Awful' chants, 'We Want Divas' chants, impromptu breakouts of people doing the Fandango dance.
Hopefully folks with ringside seats will actively turn away from the ring and pull a Bo Dallas when something they don't care for has been paraded out before them.

And it will be glorious.
You just sold this guy on Mania.

strobogo

Banned
I'm of the opinion that Brotista should return and they should go ahead with Brotista vs Heel Orton with the intention of trying to get massive negative reactions from the crowd that can be reported on and get those two real heat on TV instead of indifference. It will make the crowds look like they give a shit again.

Oh. Well my voice isn't very deep, so that's not a big accomplishment. Fuuuuuuuuuuck. WWE.com is now posting Tumblr and Deviantart drawings. But WrassleGAF's own SailorSwayze made it to WWE.com!

I'll never forgive Sunflower for putting her in GWF while fucking leaving me out of it. Yes I'm still salty. #PISS

Ithil

The actual main event of Wrestlemania XXX will be watching it to see how the 70,000 people in attendance take a dump on the entire card.

And it will be glorious.

You forgot to mention the Superdome is a roofed stadium. There's going to be 75,000 fans there and none of the crowd noise will be lost to the open air.

It'll be deafening in there at the loudest pops.

Anth0ny

And it will be glorious.

This is basically all I have to look forward to for Mania.

UberTag

Let us marvel at the location where this carnage will unfold...

424.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-Superdome-14.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Who cares about what a wash out like CM Punk is up to when there are vital IMPACT spoilers? Was Joker Sting in attendance???

KissVibes

Banned
You must love how Christian keeps getting brought back by Creative just to set up injury angles so he can get written off television despite being perfectly healthy.

It's like both he and Mark Henry are in a permanent rotation with this gimmick now.

I fucking hate it.

Christian is a great wrestler. If they let his Orton feud go a little longer and didn't almost instantly book him as a coward that spits on people, he could've been a credible guy to keep in rotation. Hell, if they gave him the shot in 2005, I bet he would've been way over by now. Especially when he could've wrestled EDGE and built on that rivalry over the years.

I've come to terms with the fact that like Mark Henry, he'll probably never be WWE Heavyweight Champion, but let him fucking wrestle. He was fucking AWESOME at SummerSlam versus Del Rio. That was a fantastic match.

Let him get good matches out of midcard guys like Reigns or Big E. Guys who are on their way up and could use a veteran like him to give them the rub and instill some wisdom. I know Christian is probably well off and doesn't need work, but I'd like to see him as a trainer or talent scout. Christian is knows how to tell a story in the ring and sells very well, in my opinion.

It kills me everyday knowing I'll never get to work a match with him. Having him give me wrasslin' advice. Or liking me so much I get to be the official user of the the bitch slap and unprettier.

They need to turn Ryback into his Twitter persona.

That guy would be awesome.

Well, he'd just need to learn how to rassle. But he's be a great WWEntertainer.

It kills me everyday knowing I'll never get to work a match with him. Having him give me wrasslin' advice. Or liking me so much I get to be the official user of the the bitch slap and unprettier.[/SOILER]
Well that escalated quickly. Do you also want to rub baby oil on him before his matches? For good luck, I mean.

KissVibes

Banned
Is this too NSFW to post:

tumblr_n075ztdClT1rqu47to1_500.jpg

I'll never forgive Sunflower for putting her in GWF while fucking leaving me out of it. Yes I'm still salty. #PISS

Don't be mad a par-timer stole your spot. The business is bigger than just one person, BA.

Well that escalated quickly. Do you also want to rub baby oil on him before his matches? For good luck, I mean.

I'm exaggerating, but I've been a Christian fan since he showed up in the WWF.

It's always been the boyhood dream to work with him, and being his protégé would be totally rad.

I'd be so honored to carry the torch of using the unprettier and bitchslap.

G-Fex

Oh. Well my voice isn't very deep, so that's not a big accomplishment. Fuuuuuuuuuuck. WWE.com is now posting Tumblr and Deviantart drawings. But WrassleGAF's own SailorSwayze made it to WWE.com!

TUMBLR AND DEVART? So that means wrasslegaf's husbando Roman Reigns everywhere.

Goddamnit IWC.

Oh and Stro would it be creepy if I used your soundboard when I commentate wrestling e-fed stuff so I can pretend your commentating with me.

KissVibes

Banned
TUMBLR AND DEVART? So that means wrasslegaf's husbando Roman Reigns everywhere.

Goddamnit IWC.

Oh and Stro would it be creepy if I used your soundboard when I commentate wrestling e-fed stuff so I can pretend your commentating with me.

The Shield are only featured twice.

Punk, Bryan, and the Divas got the most love.

And it will be glorious.

I am now excited for Mania again. This would be beyond epic.

And it will be glorious.

and then 24 hours later, a 3 hour Raw show with 15,000 +/- fans with focused chants in a basketball arena.

strobogo

Banned
BBC/CNN/FOX NEWS/MSNBC/TIME/AP: Fans viciously vent their anger at Wrestlemania

The next day: Raw had a family emergency and is cancelled tonight. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Vylash

And it will be glorious.

Man I can't wait, will this be the year the "change the channel" chant returns?

ScribbleD

Too bad it's apparently not gonna be HHH/Punk anymore.

pTc8mGS.gif

I was looking forward to the IRL version of that when the Bryan chants erupt 75k+ strong during HHH's match.

UberTag

I'm adding this to my list of chants for Raw in NOLA to get going. Thanks lol
Getting the chants in sync in that huge stadium is really going to be the biggest challenge.
Everyone is going to have their own mindset on what to chant and when and will be overpowering one another given how the sound will carry.

I just posted a link in the CM Punk Walks Out OT that those of you who've been avoiding that thread may want to check out.
CM Punk's last public comments on issues in the WWE prior to quitting from a Q&A panel he had at the Wizard World con in Portland last Friday.
I believe after this panel he returned home, went to the UFC event on Saturday (where he was shown on FOX but said nothing) and then headed off to Pittsburgh to work the Rumble.

Wtf, the NXT crowd isn't tearing this Miz/CJ Parker match to shreds. what's the point of you guys if you can't do that

This Sawyer Fulton guy... are they Goldusting him, because he's like a weirdo type, only serious. he doesn't need any face paint because he just naturally looks creepy
They also have Rebecca Knox as Becky Lynch in developmental, that's three Dubliners. Sheamus with his cousins Fergal, Becky and Beaker. What a stable.
Adam Rose is supposed to be an Irish rockstar, yeah? Fuck it, throw him in there too.
Man, I dont care where Devitt goes as long as he can keep that fucking theme. One of the best entrance themes of all time.
he'll get mandolins and tin whistles

How could you people not love Gaming side? All the crap going on today is hilarious and weird. It's like a real life version of WWE's terrible writing, you all love that stuff right? Same thing, yo. Rumors, betrayal, conspiracies, outrage; SAME THING.

Oh and CM Punk leaving = One less reason for me to care about the company. pls Punk come back

UberTag

How could you people not love Gaming side? All the crap going on today is hilarious and weird. It's like a real life version of the WWE's terrible writing, you all love that stuff right? Same thing, yo. Rumors, betrayal, conspiracies, outrage; SAME THING.

Oh and CM Punk leaving = One less reason for me to care about the company. pls Punk come back
I love Gaming side and participate there all the time.

I bait for reactions in those threads too.
Not because I'm as emotionally invested as I portray my opinion to be but because it's a good way to make a point and illicit a response.
And you can get away with quite a bit without getting banned - provided that you exercise some discipline and decorum and all of those fine Wade Barrett qualities that often get overlooked.

Vince McMahon doesn't hold a candle to Nintendo, Square Enix, Capcom... hell, every Japanese publisher on the planet... when it comes to not giving their fans what they want.
McMahon is a saint with his finger on the pulse of everything compared to the execs of those companies and their little bubbles of isolation and self-assurance.

How could you people not love Gaming side? All the crap going on today is hilarious and weird. It's like a real life version of the WWE's terrible writing, you all love that stuff right? Same thing, yo. Rumors, betrayal, conspiracies, outrage; SAME THING.

Mods are slacking with title and op edits. I'm not sifting through mountains of GAF shit posts in order to get to something kinda interesting, but actually isn't.

Mods are slacking with title and op edits. I'm not sifting through mountains of GAF shit posts in order to get to something kinda interesting, but actually isn't.

That "leak" thread was going way too fast for the mods to keep up. There was a new twist like every 50 posts towards the end, and every refresh meant 15 new posts. You gotta be in the trenches F5ing to get the full experience. And I ain't talking about Brock Lesnar's finishing move.

gurudyne

Wtf, the NXT crowd isn't tearing this Miz/CJ Parker match to shreds. what's the point of you guys if you can't do that

Thought I was having a stroke for the first half. "This is awesome" chants for an Ascension squash match, nothing on Miz/Parker. Took until Cass/Breeze for things to click into place. Everything felt right after that.

Like the turn Bo/Neville's taken.

"'This is awesome' chants and no one's even thrown a punch yet!"
Sums up NXT pretty well. God bless you, Breeze and Cass.

That "leak" thread was going way too fast for the mods to keep up. There was a new twist like every 50 posts towards the end, and every refresh meant 15 new posts. You gotta be in the trenches F5ing to get the full experience. And I ain't talking about Brock Lesnar's finishing move.

I read the last two pages just now, seems like some crazy shit. Sneaky MS bastards. And what's this about a new Kamiya project? Xbone exclusive?

Thought I was having a stroke for the first half. "This is awesome" chants for an Ascension squash match, nothing on Miz/Parker. Took until Cass/Breeze for things to click into place. Everything felt right after that.

Like the turn Bo/Neville's taken.

"'This is awesome' chants and no one's even thrown a punch yet!"
Sums up NXT pretty well. God bless you, Breeze and Cass.
I think the "This is Awesome" chants for Ascension were ironic, i don't remember though because i kinda tune out for Ascension matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom