• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

How could you people not love Gaming side? All the crap going on today is hilarious and weird. It's like a real life version of WWE's terrible writing, you all love that stuff right? Same thing, yo. Rumors, betrayal, conspiracies, outrage; SAME THING.

Oh and CM Punk leaving = One less reason for me to care about the company. pls Punk come back

Gaming side is a cesspool of crap. Stupid ass memes, developer/spokesperson worship and console warriors. There's some good people but besides that it's most a cesspool of crap.

This is the first time i'm using the word cesspool.

Toki767

That leak thread was the stuff of legends. Stuff kept getting dripped. Then conspiracy theories arose like 3 hours ago and spun completely out of control.

I hope cboat is safe.

I read the last two pages just now, seems like some crazy shit. Sneaky MS bastards. And what's this about a new Kamiya project? Xbone exclusive?

That Platinum Xbone exclusive rumor hurts so good. On one hand it's a Platinum title, possible Kamiya's next which I can't miss. On the other hand it might be exclusive to the Xbone which I was hoping to avoid the purchase of, especially since Platinum has already made me buy a console I probably wouldn't have without their games being on it (Wii U)

My heart can't take this.

Gaming side is a cesspool of crap. Stupid ass memes, developer/spokesperson worship and console warriors. There's some good people but besides that it's most a cesspool of crap.

This is the first time i'm using the word cesspool.

You're looking into a mirror and detest the reflection. Man's delusion knows no bounds.

gurudyne

I think the "This is Awesome" chants for Ascension were ironic, i don't remember though because i kinda tune out for Ascension matches

Oh, I figured they were ironic. It was still weird because NXT's never had problems outright stating their contempt before. (People bring "Fire this guy" signs to the arena for god's sake.) I wasn't expecting sarcasm going in.

That Platinum Xbone exclusive rumor hurts so good. On one hand it's a Platinum title, possible Kamiya's next which I can't miss. On the other hand it might be exclusive to the Xbone which I was hoping to avoid the purchase of, especially since Platinum has already made me buy a console I probably wouldn't have without their games being on it (Wii U)

My heart can't take this.

You're looking into a mirror and detest the reflection. Man's delusion knows no bounds.

I know you love it, but I was actually super disappointed with W101. I was really hyped about it, but shit cut me deep. I might be okay skipping out on xbone if he actually makes an exclusive on that.

I'm still hyped about Bayo 2 though. Since he's not directing it, this mean 50% of the game won't be a shitty SHMUP or Punch Out clone.

iUCw4pfFw6Iyc.gif

I know you love it, but I was actually super disappointed with W101. I was really hyped about it, but shit cut me deep. I might be okay skipping out on xbone if he actually makes an exclusive on that.

I'm still hyped about Bayo 2 though. Since he's not directing it, this mean 50% of the game won't be a shitty SHMUP or Punch Out clone.

You mean fun SHMUP diversions, and amazing Punch Out homages? They don't bother me because I don't see TW101 as a traditional melee action game focused only on combat. It's a concoction of everything in Kamiya's brain into one insane action game. It works for me.

It's not just the rumored Platinum game though, Remedy's title is exclusive too :(

Toki767

Watching this week's NXT, it feels like Bo is starting to get a beer belly.

Also, a contract signing a month before a match? It's like NXT isn't being written by WWE creative at all.

RyudBoy

I was just watching that interview Punk did recently with Ariel Helwani, and Punk mentioned that he texts Vince regularly. I don't know if he was joking or not, but it got me thinking - what if all of this is part of a storyline? Vince could come out on the next RAW or whenever and bury Punk. Punk comes back before Mania and say how it's the same old shit as long as Vince is still around. So they set up a match at Mania (I know, they already had one on RAW before), or someone could fight for Vince (Triple H), but the catch will be if Vince loses, he has to retire. Of course, Punk would win, and from then on we start seeing changes in effect starting with Vince being out of control, and Dbry as current WWE Champion.

I remember rumors of some kind of match involving the McMahons at Mania so I dunno, maybe this could be it. Anyway, I hope this is all a work. /mark

G-Fex

Let's not fight, Mr. Fex. We'll agree to disagree about Gaming side and stay focused on the one thing that holds this wacky group of individuals together in WrassleGAF:

Professional Wrestling

It's real. People are fake.

*chortle*

Everything is faked wrecker. Even the little words we write on this digital chalkboard. Like the drama i'm insinuating in this post.

Sky Sports (UK Broadcaster) has secured a new long term deal with WWE. No idea what this means for the WWE Network in the UK, but I can't imagine they'd have exclusive rights.

Jamie OD

Masato Yoshino Vs Masaaki Mochizuki from DG Infinity 324 was an awesome match. Mochi is one of those wrestlers who you can't believe how good he still is despite being in his mid 40s.

Missy Hyatt is watching this too, no doubt you're on the Hyatt train but I gotta say, her Twitter is really awesome and she sniffs out a ton of great older stuff.

Missy is awesome on twitter, she's pretty close to the mark on occasion, as well;

"Who wouldnt want former wwe superstar mel Phillips to visit their school?"

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

#ABA Ask Bootaaay Anything

During the "Monday Night Wars" who was WCW's (in your opinion) most valuable wrestler on their roster, from an overall perspective - drawing power, merch, and enjoyable?

Hmm, probably Sting. I didn't watch much WCW, though - back in the day, I was a WWF kid arguing against the WCW fans.

Sky Sports (UK Broadcaster) has secured a new long term deal with WWE. No idea what this means for the WWE Network in the UK, but I can't imagine they'd have exclusive rights.

Well, fuck. Hopefully this deal just gives Sky the right to allow their subscribers free access to the WWE Network - can't imagine WWE would be stupid enough to restrict the network to Sky customers only, considering the sole reason TNA does remotely well over here is because they're the only wrestling show on free TV.

JamieOD said:
Masato Yoshino Vs Masaaki Mochizuki from DG Infinity 324 was an awesome match. Mochi is one of those wrestlers who you can't believe how good he still is despite being in his mid 40s.

Yeah, Mochi's still ridiculously good, given his age - haven't watched the match yet, but I saw Alan raving about it. Here's the link if anyone's interested;

http://www.openthedragongate.com/2014/01/infinity-324/

Nelo Ice

Banned
The actual main event of Wrestlemania XXX will be watching it to see how the 70,000 people in attendance take a dump on the entire card.

There will be euphoric Daniel Bryan and CM Punk chants.
There will be Hogan chants. Ric Flair wooing.
People will do a modified wave during the Randy Orton vs. Batista match while chanting YES to pass the time until the wave reaches their side of the Superdome.
There will be 'End This Match' chants, 'Randy's Average' chants, 'This Is Awful' chants, 'We Want Divas' chants, impromptu breakouts of people doing the Fandango dance.
Hopefully folks with ringside seats will actively turn away from the ring and pull a Bo Dallas when something they don't care for has been paraded out before them.

All with the explicit intention of driving Vince McMahon into a fit of rage.

And it will be glorious.

The thought of this very likely happening is the only reason I want to watch Mania this year. It will the culmination of all of Vince's failures.

Well, fuck. Hopefully this deal just gives Sky the right to allow their subscribers free access to the WWE Network - can't imagine WWE would be stupid enough to restrict the network to Sky customers only, considering the sole reason TNA does remotely well over here is because they're the only wrestling show on free TV.

5-year Deal from 2015 which includes:

12 PPVs
Raw
Smackdown
Main Event

No mention of WWE Network. :(

Hasney

Should the TV deal have mentioned WWE Network? I can't imagine they'd have given up control of it for Sky to distribute.

Jamie OD

The actual main event of Wrestlemania XXX will be watching it to see how the 70,000 people in attendance take a dump on the entire card.

There will be euphoric Daniel Bryan and CM Punk chants.
There will be Hogan chants. Ric Flair wooing.
People will do a modified wave during the Randy Orton vs. Batista match while chanting YES to pass the time until the wave reaches their side of the Superdome.
There will be 'End This Match' chants, 'Randy's Average' chants, 'This Is Awful' chants, 'We Want Divas' chants, impromptu breakouts of people doing the Fandango dance.
Hopefully folks with ringside seats will actively turn away from the ring and pull a Bo Dallas when something they don't care for has been paraded out before them.

All with the explicit intention of driving Vince McMahon into a fit of rage.

And it will be glorious.

WM is indoors this year too because of the Super Dome. I wonder how much that will improve the crowd noise.

Watching this week's NXT, it feels like Bo is starting to get a beer belly.

Also, a contract signing a month before a match? It's like NXT isn't being written by WWE creative at all.

It's not the same writers behind the main shows, if that is what you mean. Dusty his own team to write NXT.

Xater

Getting the chants in sync in that huge stadium is really going to be the biggest challenge.
Everyone is going to have their own mindset on what to chant and when and will be overpowering one another given how the sound will carry.

I just posted a link in the CM Punk Walks Out OT that those of you who've been avoiding that thread may want to check out.
CM Punk's last public comments on issues in the WWE prior to quitting from a Q&A panel he had at the Wizard World con in Portland last Friday.
I believe after this panel he returned home, went to the UFC event on Saturday (where he was shown on FOX but said nothing) and then headed off to Pittsburgh to work the Rumble.

Heh, nice to have confirmation from him that long term booking basically doesn't exist in this company. Can't help but think how amazing WWE could be if Gabe from the mid 2000s booked it.

AJ the total pro. Doesn't even get shook.

Vince and the WWE used to have long term booking as well. Gabe Sapolsky didn't invent long term booking.

During the "Monday Night Wars" who was WCW's (in your opinion) most valuable wrestler on their roster, from an overall perspective - drawing power, merch, and enjoyable?

It was Goldberg. He should've kept on winning 'til ratings dropped. As Bobby Heenan said, "why do you need to beat him? Ever?"

Rapstah

Where the hell did these "yah" chants for the Ascension in NXT come from? Why are they suddenly mega over?

Edit: What the hell is going on???

Where the hell did these "yah" chants for the Ascension in NXT come from? Why are they suddenly mega over?

Edit: What the hell is going on???
I wanna say it's because they yell and grunt all the time when doing any move, but i'm not actually sure. it was weird. maybe i missed something?

either way, i welcome the #YahMovement

Rapstah

I wanna say it's because they yell and grunt all the time when doing any move, but i'm not actually sure. it was weird. maybe i missed something?

either way, i welcome the #YahMovement

But it's so out of nowhere! I guess the majority of the audience goes to NXT house shows too and they gradually figured out this chant between the last taping and this set, but all of a sudden there are "yah" signs, "we want yah" chants, and obviously pure "yah" chants at anything Konnor does. It's pretty good, though!

Hasney

Think it's something to do with his accent, so if he said at a house show "I want you" or something to that end, it would have come out "I WANT YAH".

It could be that, I forgot that this is the first in a new set of tapings. Viktor is Canadian. Do Canadians say "yah" like that?

Rapstah

NXT entrance music is generally amazing. Most of it seems to be bought from standard libraries too, so whoever picks the songs is really good at it. Colin Cassady has a perfect song.

Rapstah

The crowd interaction in this Cassady/Breeze match, holy crap. Couldn't do this on the main roster.

Edit: This match, holy shit.

Hasney

I refuse to look, what's going on at gaming side then?

Nintendo DS Virtual Console on Wii U
Vita 2000 revealed for Europe with a hilarious price point
Tomb Raider pissing contest between PS4, XB1 and PC owners
XB1 have an exclusive on split screen from some Plants V Zombies game

Rapstah

Regal: "Miz reminds me of Kermit without the talent. There's something about him that just makes me want to punch him."

I didnt see anything on Gaming side that was worthy or big enough to slow GAF to a halt? Is ghe weather keeping people from work and such that they are in GAF all day?

MrGlass

Pfft Punk can't even put over some midcard talent before leaving. What a selfish whiner.

You wouldn't see Christian doing something like that. What a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom