• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This DVD is going to be A-mazing

1625531_587767601299886_1649117059_n.jpg

CM Punk's whole walkout has me bummed. Sure he hasn't looked good or even seemed interested the last few months and I can't blame him. But damn if he wasn't one of the few guys I enjoy watching on the whole roster.

I have this feeling it isn't a work that will get turned into a work because it is news and keeping the E in the spotlight (any press is good press). I wasn't watching in 2011 and just saw the "pipebomb shoot" (if that was a shoot at all) and damn if a lot of what he says or implies in it doesn't ring true at this very time.

Can't blame the guy for leaving. Burned out of all of the backstage politics/bullshit, beat up, and probably in a lot of ways sick of the grind that is life in the WWE. I'm on the road 200 days a year and it burns me out I couldn't imagine being out there putting your body on the line every night 300 days. My respect for all of the guys in that locker room even the ones I can't stand because to do what they do you really have to love going out there every night.

Why couldn't this be Cena or Orton pulling this, Fans would be dancing in the streets to news like this. Instead it's just sad.

Ithil

I imagine the most they'll work it is say he took a leave of absence because he was tired of the Authority's meddling and corruption, or something.

Just read about the Matt Hardy arrest. Not many guys in the business have had a bigger fall from grace than that guy. Feel bad for him in a lot of way, I guess your body has a certain shelf life when you are throwing yourself off ladders and through tables for a few years. I have a bad feeling he is going to end up on that list of wrestling tragedies we are all too familiar with.

KissVibes

Banned
Dolph weighs in:

The "I still have a year left" line sounds like a work.

But knowing Dolph, WWE ended the push Nash got him already, and he seriously doesn't care anymore.

Just read about the Matt Hardy arrest. Not many guys in the business have had a bigger fall from grace than that guy. Feel bad for him in a lot of way, I guess your body has a certain shelf life when you are throwing yourself off ladders and through tables for a few years. I have a bad feeling he is going to end up on that list of wrestling tragedies we are all too familiar with.

The Hardy brothers, as shitty and fucked up as both of them are, will outlive all of us.

megamerican

Yeah, I saw him on Final Battle and it looked like he had problems just walking. I think his knees must be fucked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro has a great voice for a podcast. A WrassleGAF Podcast.

UberTag

Yeah, I saw him on Final Battle and it looked like he had problems just walking. I think his knees must be fucked.
The real sad part is that unlike a lot of the other tragic stories in this business like Scott Hall and Jake Roberts, I don't see a lot of people rallying around Matt Hardy hoping that he gets help. I don't see them telling DDP to get in touch with him and to save him through the magic power of yoga and healthy living. I don't see them begging Matt to call up the WWE to finance some much-needed trip to a rehab clinic.

Nobody wants to help Matt Hardy... which is really too bad. Because as of right now the last person on the planet that wants to help Matt Hardy is Matt Hardy.

RBH

Some more notes from the Observer newsletter:

As things stood over the weekend, Hogan’s role in WrestleMania was to be the host of the show. It would be pushed the same way Rock’s return was before they shot the angle where he ended up as the referee. Right now Hogan isn’t scheduled to do anything physical and the story we’ve heard is he won’t be allowed to do so based on his physical. Mick Foley was flagged off from ever wrestling again on his physical but he did a limited physical thing with Punk when Punk was a heel. I was told that was the working idea for his role but that it could change. I could still see some mid-level heel running into his fist, and him being involved in Cena’s corner, but it was put to me before that physicality with him has been ruled out because of his physical. But right now he’s not in Cena’s corner and is just the host.

WWE will continue to work with Hulu Plus on streaming Raw, Main Event and Smackdown even though they will offer that same service as part of their network.[

Batista’s deal is a two-year contract. He’s working a full schedule now, but not for the entire time. He has commitments to promote movie projects that will require him being away at times.

WWE is working on concepts for Sting T-shirts pushing the theme of calling him “A Man Called Sting,” since WCW trademarked the phrase and they own the intellectual property rights to it. A memo came in last week to merchandise to work on ideas. The memo was just sent out within the last week and there are reports he inked his deal but what we heard on 1/27 is that they were very close. Another person noted that internally, the idea of Sting coming in was not talked about much of late as a high priority issue. There have been talks several years. I think the closest was 2001, after WCW folded. Vince McMahon green lighted negotiations which were started by Paul Heyman and conducted by Jim Ross. It was very short at that time. Sting wanted the same schedule as Undertaker and Vince immediately nixed the deal by saying there would be no exceptions on the schedule except Undertaker. It was described from a priority standpoint as far as internal talk as compared to deals to get Hogan, Lesnar, Batista or Dwayne Johnson, but I would expect they could do a good build-up, garner a great reaction but they’d have to be very judicious in what they do. If he was to debut at Mania, with Undertaker in a main event spot and Hogan as a guest, and matches with current guys, there’s only so much it can be focused on so it may not be the perfect timing, but with the clock ticking, it may be the only time. You could debut him at Extreme Rules, but just by doing it there, it becomes a secondary thing and he’ll be 56 by next year’s Mania.

Johnson is working on an autobiography. He did one that finished high on the best seller list in 1999, but I had expected with his second career, that another one would be forthcoming.

Lilian Garcia signed a contract renewal.

Kaladin

Whatever happened to Paul Heyman's book? It was supposed to be out last year but just fell off the release schedule never to be seen again.

UberTag

Those .GIFs are brilliant. All we need now is Foley taking a bat to his television and placing it in the coffin alongside D.Brine.

KissVibes

Banned
As for Christian, while he is listed in the match, and at press time is scheduled in the match, it is under consideration to injure him and have someone take his place. I have no idea who that would be, but Brock Lesnar is not scheduled to do another match until the Undertaker match (he has fulfilled his contractual quota of matches for the year that ends before Mania) and is not on upcoming TV’s.

FUCK
THIS
STUPID
COMPANY.

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN AWFUL FOR WWE NEWS. WHAT THE FUCK.

Vylash

As for Christian, while he is listed in the match, and at press time is scheduled in the match, it is under consideration to injure him and have someone take his place. I have no idea who that would be, but Brock Lesnar is not scheduled to do another match until the Undertaker match (he has fulfilled his contractual quota of matches for the year that ends before Mania) and is not on upcoming TV’s.

FUCK
THIS
STUPID
COMPANY.

YES!

IEdHp.gif

Toki767

FUCK
THIS
STUPID
COMPANY.

Setting up that
Batista heel turn.

Verendus

Banned
Who is that?

Is that Punk doing that to Christian? Motherfucker, that's now how you treat Christian!

Edit:

FUCK
THIS
STUPID
COMPANY.

Gonna hope it's Lesnar. Gonna believe it's Lesnar. Have faith. Have faith.

KissVibes

Banned
Del Rio beats up Christian, takes his spot at EC. Batista puts his title on the line to enter the EC to stop Del Rio from winning and to win the title early.

Batista vs Triple H vs Orton at WM30.

Special Guest Referee: Ric Flair

TRIPLE H WINS

UberTag

You must love how Christian keeps getting brought back by Creative just to set up injury angles so he can get written off television despite being perfectly healthy.

It's like both he and Mark Henry are in a permanent rotation with this gimmick now.

FUCK
THIS
STUPID
COMPANY.

This reaction means you are too emotionally invested in the product and should take a break and stop watching it.
Either that or you should take the Anonymous Wrestler that Wrote into the Observer's advice and "just relax and enjoy the product the company gives you".
Even if it's shit. Because you should like shit. You shouldn't hold them to any expectation of competence or quality.
Just enjoy your one hour of shit and your two hours of ads.

strobogo

Banned
Oh. Well my voice isn't very deep, so that's not a big accomplishment. Fuuuuuuuuuuck. WWE.com is now posting Tumblr and Deviantart drawings. But WrassleGAF's own SailorSwayze made it to WWE.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom