• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't see a guy like Arnie in his prime flexing and think 'that's pretty impressive.' ?

I don't know if I'd watch a whole show of it, but I see why people spectate it. It's a lot of work to mold specific body parts.

The first pose? Sure. But then it keeps happening. And then there is another guy doing the exact same poses after him, that only looks slightly different. And so on.

Outside of the dumbness of Vince trying to assign characters to bodybuilders and him trying to hide his obvious boner, this is really really boring.

It's basically the same idea as watching gymnastics or ice skating. But with oiled up super muscle dudes in banana hammocks. I think to want to watch a whole show you'd need to have a genuine interest and either be a body builder or want to be one. These dudes are too big, though. I can't see any reason why you'd want to be THAT big.

I would say at least gymnastics and ice skating are actually doing things during the event itself. There are few dudes lifting weight in the arena or something.

Also, there is a reason they are so big. Just like the WCW killing the WWF anti steroid policy, the WBF killed the IBFF anti steroid policy.

strobogo

Banned
I'm sure there were plenty of concussions in the last few years that went undiagnosed or worried about. WWE is now hyper vigilant on them, so it is natural it would seem like there are more.

The first pose? Sure. But then it keeps happening. And then there is another guy doing the exact same poses after him, that only looks slightly different. And so on.

Outside of the dumbness of Vince trying to assign characters to bodybuilders and him trying to hide his obvious boner, this is really really boring.

I would say at least gymnastics and ice skating are actually doing things during the event itself. There are few dudes lifting weight in the arena or something.

Also, there is a reason they are so big. Just like the WCW killing the WWF anti steroid policy, the WBF killed the IBFF anti steroid policy.

Steroids? Those dudes got huge on ICOPRO. Totally legal, bro.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These WBF PPVs have made my month. Just totally made my month.

And yeah Stro, Vince was undoubtedly a believer in it - and it showed. These days it WOULD get better attention, thanks to the internet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys think Vince has ever partaken in the naked dudes? I bet not. I bet it's just something he thinks about a lot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I love it, I find it fascinating and I really appreciate the hard work that goes into it - however, keep in mind I do lift, and I have body dysmorphia so I can't help but thirst after a larger body every day of my life.

The dude from Broscience said it best, the day you start lifting is the day you feel forever small. I love it, I love lifting, and I love seeing the body's maximum potential.

Showaddy

I meant more of Big E's on Roman and Dean

Not to mention all the concussions this year.

You can't blame the current roster concussing each-other on the newbie development centre lol

Big E came out of NXT but his move set is really conservative, he just happens to be built like a brick wall that moves at like 100 miles an hour.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Imagine terra ryzing in the WBF??

don't have to imagine
steinerhhhposedowndoublebicep.jpg%3Fw%3D497

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He had the most musculature and striations, but his routine was not interesting at all. Super generic. No personality to it at all.

Compared to the superheroes and terminator men I've been watching in 1992 you're right. VERY boring!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm striationed out for the night. Can't wait to watch 1992 tomorrow. Vince calling it sounds too good to be true.

You only have the best to look forward to. Be prepared to create a soundboard.

All I want to do is rip Vince lines from commentary and splice them into WWE2k14, maybe hack my 360 and replace the commentary lines with Vince orgasming over striations.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So how many "big stars" left in WWE can walk away?

Del Rio: He made his fortune in CMLL and their family has more money too for the insane amount of mexican movies Dos Caras does in the 80s

Sheamus: He is an Haitch guy, it's not him.

Big Shoe: Haitch and Steph payed all his debts, he cant quit!!!

Cena: lol

Mysterio: His knees quited before he even notice.

Orton: Another Haitch guy.

Bork: hes winning more money than half of the roster combined by doing absolutely nothing.

Bryan: Not that kind personality.

Yeah, Del Rio has big chances of being the one.

JTG, NOOOOO!

KissVibes

Banned
I wonder if Christian gets gassed during main events? I don't think anyone knows since he hasn't main evented anything in quite a while.

Neither have a lot of great wrestlers who look better than The Rock on their worst days. Christian had one of the best matches in 2013 with Del Rio at SummerSlam.

strobogo

Banned
Christian didn't even have the second best match at Summerslam. Face it Sharky, he's a C(anadian ham) player at best. When he said we were going to see the angriest Christian ever on SD, I was hoping he meant a suicide bomber or Westboro Baptist Church gimmick change.

RBH

WWE officials are reportedly making a strong effort to bring former Diva Stacy Keibler back to the company as an on-air performer. We noted last month that Stephanie McMahon saw Stacy while she was in New York City at a VH1 Blitz concert. Stephanie told a fan on Twitter that Stacy looked the best she ever has.

Word is that Stephanie and Stacy met for 15-20 minutes. While Stacy has been reluctant to return in the past, apparently WWE's latest offer to her is lucrative enough that she must be giving it serious consideration.

News came out this week that Stephanie was trying to lock in a big name for this year's Hall of Fame ceremony and speculation now is that name is Keibler.
Alberto Del Rio has reportedly been letting it be know that once his contract with WWE is up, he will be leaving the company.

According to PWInsider, Del Rio hasn't been happy with the direction of his character. He was once a main event player on the SmackDown brand as a World Champion, and now he is being fed to Batista.

While the match between the two hasn't been officially announced, Batista vs. Del Rio will likely be added to the upcoming Elimination Chamber pay-per-view event.

Del Rio is 36-years-old and has several years of mileage on him. It’s believed that he’s been very good with his money and shouldn't be in any financial trouble once he departs from the organization.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is that really where we should be making lucrative offers? George Clooney's old piece? I mean Stacy's hot, but she's just that. Hot.

The Bellas will shit themselves in anger if she gets signed and makes a ton of money though. And I'm all for that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
News came out this week that Stephanie was trying to lock in a big name for this year's Hall of Fame ceremony and speculation now is that name is Keibler.

I love Stacy and all but just what the fuck at this. Stacy is a big name?

What worth is Stacy Keibler in a TV-PG environment? Since she had zero wrestling talent, her entire thing was shaking her ass and bending over all the time, which is a total no-no in WWE today.

KissVibes

Banned
Batista is such a draw, guys.

Raw did a 3.15 rating, down 2% from last week's 3.24 rating.

WWE Raw drew 4.21 million viewers and a 1.43 rating in the 18 - 49 demo. Those numbers are down 12% and 16% from last week's 4.72 million and 1.67.

The show did hours of 4.43 million, 4.22 million and 3.98 million viewers.

Smackdown was considerably higher than normal with the return of Christian. Better give him Dave's spot.

jred2k

The Ultimate Warrior

Jake the Snake Roberts

Stacy Keibler

Between that and Batista they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. They really need to start making some new stars soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I gotta give props to Scott Steiner. When you watch late WCW, he truly is the shining beacon of that whole goddamn thing. Everything was chaos, but the roster tried to act like it wasn't which just made it confusing. Steiner just went with it and 'acted' as crazy as possible. A tiger? Sure. Like 8 freaks with me? Absolutely. Clotheslining a whole ramp of people? Again, the answer is yes.

Steiner truly thrived in the chaos.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Ultimate Warrior

Jake the Snake Roberts

Stacy Keibler

Between that and Batista they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. They really need to start making some new stars soon.

If they wanted to put in a diva who was actually popular then maybe they should give Lita a call this year.

RBH

I gotta give props to Scott Steiner. When you watch late WCW, he truly is the shining beacon of that whole goddamn thing. Everything was chaos, but the roster tried to act like it wasn't which just made it confusing. Steiner just went with it and 'acted' as crazy as possible. A tiger? Sure. Like 8 freaks with me? Absolutely. Clotheslining a whole ramp of people? Again, the answer is yes.

Steiner truly thrived in the chaos.

Damn straight.

ioMJOA5clgD7m.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom