• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sooner we can end this cross gen garbage is the sooner we'll see games taking advantage of the new hardware with ideas not possible on those ancient consoles. I'm happy it won't be on the PS360.

This new gen should've started in 2011, breh. Buy a new console and move on already.

I just got a PS3 on Christmas :[

strobogo

Banned
These massive dudes being 235 lbs makes worked weights in WWF seem fucking ridiculous. Like I'm to believe that HBK or Bret Hart were in the 230 range compared to this guy?

iO7GqOgS4VblS.gif

ibdZPXmOxIM1G9.gif

Dude literally Hulks out.

Sephzilla

Watching some of the WBF stuff and then reading the comments here have without question made my day so much better.

Bravo, WrestleGAF, bravo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Worked weights for normal people in the WWE is dumb.

I get it for Big Show or Khali or Yoko to make lifting them seem like some amazing feat but having the relatively normal people lie about it only makes these feats seem less incredible.

The sooner we can end this cross gen garbage is the sooner we'll see games taking advantage of the new hardware with ideas not possible on those ancient consoles. I'm happy it won't be on the PS360.

This new gen should've started in 2011, breh. Buy a new console and move on already.

Just buy a new console he says like i'm made of money, look at this guy, thinks he's like Ted DiBiase
jr
or something.

strobogo

Banned
The Iron Warrior...one of the announcers almost came on a 2.5 second shot of his triceps. And then the other one said "You could lose your wallet in there!" referring to his back. This is the most interesting thing I've seen in years. I was young enough that I didn't realize early 90s was just the 80s to the MAX. The commentary almost sounds like a parody. If funny or die were to do a parody, they could repeat the lines verbatim and no one would know the difference.

I swear to god I've heard Smackdown pops on this.

igneV5abQhjOs.gif

i6UQSbQvL23Oo.gif

A question to wrasslegaf about this CM Punk mess then.

If you where CM Punk in his current situation what would you do? Would you agree to work WM and maybe get a bigger bonous + some nifty promo's out of it? Or would you just say fuck it and stay away forever?

Likewise if you where WWE what would you do? Would you even want that guy back? If he did agree to work WM wouldn't you just bury him anyway since you know he is leaving right after?

If you where CM Punk in his current situation what would you do? Would you agree to work WM and maybe get a bigger bonous + some nifty promo's out of it? Or would you just say fuck it and stay away forever?

Likewise if you where WWE what would you do? Would you even want that guy back? If he did agree to work WM wouldn't you just bury him anyway since you know he is leaving right after?

If I were Punk, I might leave. I'd actually try to leave my contract though, instead of just telling Vince "bye."

WWE should sue him for not following his contract. But then again I don't know how it's written.

Showaddy

I guess with the Network taking over the Wrestlemania bonus isn't going to be that great so it's really down to what the match is worth to Punk. If he'd been facing Taker this year instead of last he probably would have stuck around but obviously a HHH match doesn't appeal to him.

strobogo

Banned
This guy's t-rex arms are fucking hilarious. Holy fuck, this dude is 5'4"? He's smaller than me. He's jacked. I CAN BE THAT JACKED!

Razorskin

----- ------
The Iron Warrior...one of the announcers almost came on a 2.5 second shot of his triceps. And then the other one said "You could lose your wallet in there!" referring to his back. This is the most interesting thing I've seen in years. I was young enough that I didn't realize early 90s was just the 80s to the MAX. The commentary almost sounds like a parody. If funny or die were to do a parody, they could repeat the lines verbatim and no one would know the difference.

I swear to god I've heard Smackdown pops on this.

igneV5abQhjOs.gif

Scott Steiner!

UberTag

Punk was right to leave and should stay gone until they offer him something of value.
I could say the same thing about most of the WWE Universe... although nostalgia buffs should milk the network for 6 months to get their fix of the old stuff.

strobogo

Banned
I can tell this really is a labor of love for Vince. I bet something like this would actually work today a lot easier what with the segmented and niche audience for everything.

I don't think I would have quit when I only had a few more months left. What's the point? Get your check and shut up. He could be using that time to push other guys or something.

Vince cares about that dolla dolla bill playa. He will probably take anyone back if meant he could make some money or get some publicity.

strobogo

Banned
This dude is awesome...comes out kicking a door open, gets shot, goes full Jesus pose, then starts dancing and grinding on some YAKS.

itSCTgYHpEiSu.gif

ibe2l18gCQ3b5k.gif

Punk can suck a dick. If he wants to leave that badly, he should've worked until his contract is up, or worked something out with Vince and Co. in order to be written off properly within the next month or so.

If the story told by the sheetz so far is true, then this just paints him as completely unprofessional, and an even whinier bitch than I thought he was.

And that's all I gotta say about that.

#PISS

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait, the WWE network is literally launching with every single WCW/ECW/WWF ppv? I know they said they were going to but that looks to be the complete list! Even the one where Owen died!

If I were Punk, what I'd want is a guaranteed minimum payout at Wrestlemania and a booking plan for the next 7 months that makes sense and if it comes to that lets me go out the right way. Jobbing to HHH at Mania isn't it.

If I'm WWE, I'm scrambling to either get the guy back or book another Mayweather to take his place. 'Mania is really hurting for star power right now. Batista is no Rock by any stretch of the imagination.

strobogo

Banned
I can't lie, some of these dudes are legit inspiring to make me want to go to the gym right now. There are at least 3 guys my height or shorter who are monsters.

iWedZbHEZR8MJ.gif

iXgzgGIIxRKhk.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok, outside of irony and Vince McMahon struggling with his sexuality, what's the point of being a spectator to bodybuilding?

You don't see a guy like Arnie in his prime flexing and think 'that's pretty impressive.' ?

I don't know if I'd watch a whole show of it, but I see why people spectate it. It's a lot of work to mold specific body parts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seems like all these newer trained wrestlers don't know how to work safe.

What exactly is going on in NXT? That ain't WWE style safe working.

strobogo

Banned
It's basically the same idea as watching gymnastics or ice skating. But with oiled up super muscle dudes in banana hammocks. I think to want to watch a whole show you'd need to have a genuine interest and either be a body builder or want to be one. These dudes are too big, though. I can't see any reason why you'd want to be THAT big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom