• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunnin' Steve Austin vs Scott Steiner for the TV title[/URL] Probably two of the best workers at that time. Austin and Scott pre-injuries.
Featuring JR and Heyman on commentary

You know, I've always wondered... Was Scott Steiner just as insane back in those days, or did that come later?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Scott was always insane. They were notorious backstage for being rough, though every interview I've heard about them said they never once got injured by either one. Knobbs, i know i know, said they brought them to wrestle Steiners because most people were afraid to.

Lance Storm said once when he was fixing to have a serious promo, Scott ran up backstage and did a cheerleading routine for him. Petey Williams said he drove down the wrong side of the road on one of their road trips.

strobogo

Banned
I really feel like the last day was one of my strongest gif days in months. The fans from Superstars, Papa Shango being a weirdo, WBF.

Lance Storm said once when he was fixing to have a serious promo, Scott ran up backstage and did a cheerleading routine for him. Petey Williams said he drove down the wrong side of the road on one of their road trips.

Oh my god. A road trip with Scott Steiner, I couldn't even begin to imagine. XD

I remember when the Steiners were in WWE when I was a kid, and Scott just didn't seem like that kind of dude. I know he was just playing a character, but it wasn't until his later WCW days when I realized that it wasn't as much of an act as I thought.

KissVibes

Banned
ijWrrhjQCsLic.gif

The new Voice of the Voiceless.

Guys, its all gonna be ok.

Miz is our new CM Punk.

:(

I bet its like one final insult from HHH. Punk hates Miz so much lol, now we're gonna give him your angle. They should go full Punk, give him his theme and everything.

Miz's hair after taking off the headset lololol can he do anything right?

D-Bry wins! Then gets beaten up, can't they just let him look strong for a second? Kane comes out to beat him up because GRR YOU'RE THE CLOSEST THING TO CM SO NOW THE ANGLE HAS BEEN MOVED TO YOU SORRY.

Emma!!! :D But it fell pretty flat, why didn't they just have her do a regular match and dance and get into the ring funny?

The rest was soooo boring.

Lawler's insult(?????) to Barret: "I'll think about it!"

:\

Xater

Guys, guys, you all gonna flip out when.you hear what the main event on the next RAW will be!

Wait for it....

Randy Orton vs. John Cena non-title match at the Staples Center.

KissVibes

Banned
I figured they wouldn't let him wrestle anymore in the WWE

King? Yeah, that's why Cole will take all the bumps. OR they get a comedy guy to fight for King.

I'm glad for Barrett that he has a entertaining enough gimmick and keeps wear off his body, but he can wrestle and could very much be a main event guy or someone higher up in the midcard.

strobogo

Banned
Catching up with NXT means I got to see all the Rumble promos. I'm so lost as to why Orton vs Cena was the biggest rematch in history. They've had so many matches. So many gimmick matches. Orton won the last match about as clean as possible and it could really be argued that Cena doesn't even deserve a rematch since the WWE WHC is a new championship and Cena shouldn't have an automatic rematch clause. THE BIGGEST REMATCH EVER is a standard singles match. Their last match had higher stakes. Such odd marketing.

It was a huge mistake to unify the titles. They could've given Bryan a lesser title and still had their coveted Orton vs. Batista match ro decide who is the second greatest superstar of Cena's generation.

I realize I'm a little late and everybody got their rocks off over the Ziggler "shoot" promo, which I'm sure was probably written out for him by a writer, but Meltzer made a great point. You can have one guy who does stuff like this. After that, it become deluded and next time you turn around, it's 1999 WCW where everybody is shooting.

Again, maybe it's because a lot of people in this thread have only lived through the superproduced WWE era of content, but just letting everybody go out there and say whatever the hell they want doesn't lead to great content either.

Especially when a lot of the stuff Dolph pointed out ("they said I should go slower" well, yes you should, so you can be more than a slightly above average worker who bumps too much for everyone) actually isn't positive for him.

It was a huge mistake to unify the titles. They could've given Bryan a lesser title and still had their coveted Orton vs. Batista match ro decide who is the second greatest superstar of Cena's generation.

God, I'm amused by this. If that had happened, every post on here would've been, "they're still BURYING him because he isn't being given the REAL title. Wah wah I hate Triple H."

strobogo

Banned

Or at least wait until WM to do it. The most important match ever shouldn't be on a B-PPV with 3 weeks of build. 3 1/2 months to build a unification angle and make it matter at WM seems like such a better idea. Doing it at TLC screams of panic and short term gain, which is what just about everything in WWE land has screamed for the last couple of years.

Who has been booked worse, Orton or Bryan? Bryan won both of his titles clean as can be and was screwed out of them and beaten up every week. Orton needed help, is routinely made to look like a bitch by Steph and HHH for months, loses clean to Kofi and Bryan on Raw, and hasn't won a match clean since August. People talk about Bryan being buried, but Orton has been booked as the weakest champion since Rey Mysterio.

I realize I'm a little late and everybody got their rocks off over the Ziggler "shoot" promo, which I'm sure was probably written out for him by a writer, but Meltzer made a great point. You can have one guy who does stuff like this. After that, it become deluded and next time you turn around, it's 1999 WCW where everybody is shooting.

Again, maybe it's because a lot of people in this thread have only lived through the superproduced WWE era of content, but just letting everybody go out there and say whatever the hell they want doesn't lead to great content either.

Especially when a lot of the stuff Dolph pointed out ("they said I should go slower" well, yes you should, so you can be more than a slightly above average worker who bumps too much for everyone) actually isn't positive for him.

God, I'm amused by this. If that had happened, every post on here would've been, "they're still BURYING him because he isn't being given the REAL title. Wah wah I hate Triple H."

I think there were just as many people in this thread saying the Ziggler promo wasn't good because it wasn't a character promo, but a guy bitching about his booking and 4th wall breaking stuff that does nothing for the character of Dolph Ziggler. "I'm being held down" promos are fine and can be great. "I'm being booked as a loser and told I'm too fast and too good" isn't.

Who has been booked worse, Orton or Bryan? Bryan won both of his titles clean as can be and was screwed out of them and beaten up every week. Orton needed help, is routinely made to look like a bitch by Steph and HHH for months, loses clean to Kofi and Bryan on Raw, and hasn't won a match clean since August. People talk about Bryan being buried, but Orton has been booked as the weakest champion since Rey Mysterio.

bryan, because indies

orton is in bed with hhh, etc

They've both been booked like shit, but I'd give the nod to Orton because you shouldn't be allowed to lose that often when you've got the belt. Not to mention he's a heel who barely gets backed by the heel authority figures.

You can be amused by it all you want brah but in The E's eyes it would prevent the highjacking of shows by ghe crowd. They want DBrine to be champion and right now there can be only one.

Ziggler could've just flat out started naming writers and legit shooting about super inside stuff, and it still would've been more interesting than most promos these days because of the energy. Sure it would be better if he could (or was allowed to) channel that frustration into a character building promo, but at this point I'll take "angry wrestler" however I can get it.

Even if "angry wrestler" means you get Miz and Ziggler bitching about writers every week?

If The Miz comes out next week and cuts a crazy coked up promo with Dolph screaming in the back like a maniac about writers, and TV ratings, and merch sales, and "taking bumps" and "ring rats" and booking, and they manage to pull the gimmick off, I'd be happy. I just want to watch angry people who want to fight.

We just got another dance-off on Raw. In 2014. I don't dance, son. I ain't no "sexy boy." I want angry wrestlers and fights.

saw the main event from last RAW, Orton vs Bryan.

a bit better than the other main event they had a few weeks ago.

Bryan, for all the praise he gets, still knows dick about ring psychology, here's the thing (i'll ignore selling cause fuck it, they remember it every 5 minutes or so, might as well not do it):

Bryan's finishers are a running knee strike to the head and a crossface armlock.

Orton's finisher is essentially a necklock faceplant and aside from the kick to the gut and the dropkick, 95% of his offence is upper body based.

then why the fuck is Bryan working Orton's leg? gotta be Jamie Noble laying this shit. only makes sense working Orton's arm/back/neck/everything but his leg. in kayfabe, what good it serves to Bryan that Orton is limping when he slaps the Yes lock?
meanwhile Orton works Bryan arm, a vital part of one of his finishers, which makes total sense.

another match, another time when Orton comes out looking as, by far, the best worker of the two. not only beacuse of the above, but the mannerisms, the facial expressions, acting like a cocky asshole when he's on top, yelling "oh god no" when he's put in a submission, such a great character wrestler.

Does Orton still do his running punt? That's his level 3 super (if we were using video game terms) and puts away anyone whilst the RKO doesn't always finish. That's probably giving too much credit though.

strobogo

Banned
I've figured out why Vince hates Dolph: Tom Platz is clearly Dolph's dad and the Golden Eagle reminds Vince of the WBF too much.

N9EwYNX.gif

post-1-0-70006800-1302557232.jpg

Valentus

So a VHS about bodybuilders with titantrons is the ultime bribe Vince gives Wrestlegaf to sell out and stop talking about punk?

DAMN YOU VINCE MCMAHON

strobogo

Banned
Notes:

Mike Quinn is totally the Zandig of the WBF. No doubt.

I'm doing the 1992 show. I am making a sound board of Vince. It's stunning. All of it. The insane videos, Vince, Platz being just as crazy as Vince, Heenan threatening a pose down with Vince and wanting to take his shirt off when Zandig got a double hummer.

iDcEpBNI5qEbE.gif
iJiqv0O93nICD.gif
ibdxn8LVUUspAx.gif
ibyaG7vlfn4Vnb.gif
ibnYMGkwgiLnto.gif
i6ur8DFIf4RWA.gif
bdxn8LVUUspAx
ibyGoGgZgEAUQI.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Naked buff guys shooting machine guns is what goes on in Vince's head when someone like Miz is trying to pitch their storyline

Aiii

So not worth it
All I hope is that we can quickly put the CM Punk chanting behind us.

HE LEFT, THERE IS NOTHING WWE CAN DO ABOUT IT!

strobogo

Banned
That double policeman smash is worthy of a JEEEEEEEYSUZZZZZZZ for sure.

My thoughts exactly. I might add JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZUSSSSSS to it later. I've also thought about just adding Zandig's audio to it.

Platz is a real dick about saying dudes look soft or flat. No wonder these guys have body dysmorphia. My god, this video with Danny Padilla has to be the most insulting thing Vince has ever done to a short guy. It's literally him walking around in a forest with mushrooms that are bigger than him (that look like dicks) while hobbit music plays. And then a giant shows up and says "What's the matter, midget?" If Daniel Bryan was SWOLL, this would definitely be his gimmick. Even better is that Vince seems to love this guy. He also keeps talking about steroid free and it is hilarious every time.

ibp9fNlZVMJQP6.gif
ijcmHMEvGLHsm.gif
i5vZWVNqQbMZd.gif
ifroVdXyzJLw5.gif
ibfwuS9x2stY8S.gif
iJfuOKMfW9QNv.gif

For some perspective on Danny's size:

xFQzPmq.gif

Jamie OD

All I hope is that we can quickly put the CM Punk chanting behind us.

HE LEFT, THERE IS NOTHING WWE CAN DO ABOUT IT!

Do you think the hardcores care? In their minds, Punk is right and WWE is the evil corporation. Nothing within the realms of human decency would change their minds.

Xater

Real talk: I think body builders look disgusting. It's really not something I get.

Will still watch those WBF shows because apparently there is a lot of stupid in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom