• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

At this point, if ROH ever finds itself in financial trouble, or if Sinclair Broadcasting ever starts looking for a return on their investment and looks for buyers, I think WWE would be in that mix.

At this point, if ROH ever finds itself in financial trouble, or if Sinclair Broadcasting ever starts looking for a return on their investment and looks for buyers, I think WWE would be in that mix.

Just for footage's sake, I agree. Though with Punk fleeing the coop like that...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"The perfect human form!"

Goddamn Vince I love you

strobogo

Banned
How exciting, I can't wait to hear Vince for 2:30ish

The transitions actually cut a few clips out. Just him saying YES and YEAAAAAAAAH and WOoooooWWW. My original plan was to have pictures of various wrestlers for each quote that made sense, but that would be too much work and I didn't give a shit.

Kaladin

WWE Network with an exclusive contract to show old ROH shows.

That would be fun.

ROH already does that kind of. Become a Ringside member and you get to watch every episode of their TV series, including HD Net episodes and they have a growing library of old events available for streaming.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pushing John Pollock and Wai Ting hard to get a Review-A-Wai on WBF 1992.

Aiii

So not worth it
What if WWE offered indy feds a deal where they could do their live-streams on the WWE network for a fixed fee, giving WWE the rights to the footage in return? That would be a nice addition to the WWE Network.

Yeah, I know it'll never happen

-edit: DAMN YOU FYREWULFF!

Sabucin

In your WTF story of the day WWE.com wrote an profile on ring of honor

http://www.wwe.com/inside/the-ring-of-honor-influence-26179913

They even interviewed gabe!

The article says at the title: "See rare photos of WWE Superstars like Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro and Seth Rollins competing in Ring of Honor and against each other in WWE".

And in the last part of the photos, appears CM Punk now and then.
Shades of Chris Benoit? It is like he never was in WWE

hahhahahahaha

Makes sense.

Punk was never going to go over in that match so if they are just going to slot Bryan in there and not give a fuck then yeah... Dude is losing.

Dat Triple H has to show that up and comer whats up. Dont worry though. Triple H will put him over on a random RAW or C level PPV in the middle of summer.

strobogo

Banned
1992 started running out of steam around 1:30 in. There are only so many poses. Vince's reactions and just about all of the videos had me truly baffled. But Vince sounded so HAPPY. Body building is his true passion. I bet he'd give up WWE if he could have a successful WBF relaunch.

Makes sense.

Punk was never going to go over in that match so if they are just going to slot Bryan in there and not give a fuck then yeah... Dude is losing.

Dat Triple H has to show that up and comer whats up. Dont worry though. Triple H will put him over on a random RAW or C level PPV in the middle of summer.

Maybe by faking another concussion. And then still not getting the sad farewell reaction he craves, so he'll be back 6 months to a year or so later to try again.

Ithil

The ROH article comes with namedrops of AJ Styles, Low Ki (not Kaval), CZW, all the AJPW greats, Christopher Daniels, EVOLVE, Dragon Gate USA, etc.

WWE.com is allowed to break the WWE bubble apparently. I guess Vince has never heard of WWE.com.

darkbanjo

Can we start our own dirt sheet? All we have to do is say "insider sorurces" and "things may change" and we can say anything.

Yeah, I don't get why the wording in that is 'at least one source' told PWInsider. It's a PWInsider article, surely they know exactly how many sources? Unless, of course, they're just saying things to say things.

Kaladin

ROLLINS: Ring of Honor was the place I still aspired to work, because I idolized what was going on there. I had done MTV’s Wrestling Society X with Jimmy Jacobs. He told Ring of Honor founder Gabe Sapolsky about me and Gabe brought me to the Ring of Honor sister company in Florida [Full Impact Pro]. I wrestled Jay Briscoe in a singles match and Gabe took me outside and he said, “I love ya and I want to bring you in to Ring of Honor, so I want to offer you a three-year deal.” I was 21-years-old and as soon as he left I did the air-fist pump. I was just psyched out of my mind.

Hah, I was at that Jay Briscoe vs Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) match. It was actually a memorable match. The guy Rollins was paired with at the time sucked, but he didn't let that hold him back.

jmdajr

b6979c528dff11e3aafe12bb36aedb43_8.jpg

Pizoxuat

Heel Del Rio who genuinely liked his manservant was my favorite Del Rio, man. I like it when heels have a decent trait or something outside of themselves that they care about. I find it more interesting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Quinn really does look like Zandig should have in 92.

Aiii

So not worth it
Come on now, there's even a picture of Punk and Colt in there, but why would they showcase the guy after he walked out on them? I wouldn't.

Keep an eye out for Zack Ryder's dad when you're watching those WBF-- things. He was involved in some way. Matt Cardona would be his name, since Zack is Matt Cordona, Jr.

Kyoufu

Looking at Ithil's post... The WM30 main event should be those two fellas.

Why the fuck is it Orton vs Batista.

WHY.

somedevil

From Pwinsider:

- We noted before that major WrestleMania XXX creative meetings were held over the past week with several discussions changed. While many different scenarios were brought up, at least one source in WWE creative doesn't expect a lot of changes will be made.

While it may appear they are going in the direction of Kane vs. Daniel Bryan after this week's TV shows, the source didn't expect Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan to be changed. Regarding that match, nobody within WWE expects Bryan to go over.

If Bryan doesn't win and then they have Batista vs Orton later get ready for a riot and the raw after will be insanity. They can't be that stupid.

Ithil

I hope they enjoyed 15 thousand fans shitting on the Rumble, because if Bryan doesn't beat HHH they're going to have 75 thousand fans taking a steaming dump on rest of WM 30, the first PPV on their Network and biggest show of the year.

Xater

From Pwinsider:

If Bryan doesn't win and then they have Batista vs Orton later get ready for a riot and the raw after will be insanity. They can't be that stupid.

Having seen the Rumble a small part of me want them to be this stupid. The crowd completely taking over during WM and RAW would be amazing.

Kaladin

They like to talk about how in a stadium of 70k+ it's hard to hear what people are chanting because everyone chants something different.

I think this year they will be proven wrong.

I hope they enjoyed 15 thousand fans shitting on the Rumble, because if Bryan doesn't beat HHH they're going to have 75 thousand fans taking a steaming dump on rest of WM 30, the first PPV on their Network and biggest show of the year.

Not if HHH and Bryan are the main event!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck. Dr Duncan Steel help me convince John and Wai to hit WBF 1992. Wai says he couldn't handle it. Dammit.

Ithil

They like to talk about how in a stadium of 70k+ it's hard to hear what people are chanting because everyone chants something different.

I think this year they will be proven wrong.

The last two WMs have been in open air stadiums where a lot of crowd noise is lost to the sky, but the Superdome this year has a roof, so those boos are going to bounce right back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom