• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil ways

Nobody wants to hear this, but it's John Cena. Dude's stepped up his 'rasslin skillz big time in the last year. I credit that to D Bry.

Argument falls apart on the mic part. Cena has 2 modes, hyped up angry preacher and smirky, arrogant gimmick killer, both suck ass.

happypup

Argument falls apart on the mic part. Cena has 2 modes, hyped up angry preacher and smirky, arrogant gimmick killer, both suck ass.

I disagree it falls apart at the gimmick part. His mic would work fine, but it is the same old crap because his gimmick is the same old crap.

Limit

Who is the most complete wrestler in the WWE now that Punk is gone?

Gimmick/mic/wrasslin skillz?

I haven't seen enough of Bray wrestling to see how much he can make his style work with wrestlers other than Bryan but going by his most recent output he seems like a solid all rounder.

I disagree it falls apart at the gimmick part. His mic would work fine, but it is the same old crap because his gimmick is the same old crap.

When he has interesting stuff to work with the guy's solid on the mic. Problem is, he's been stuck with the same old shit none sense underdog story for years now.

Damn, Cesaro is STRONG.

Great yes lock transition too.

Much respect to Cesaro for being natty in such a steroid infested industry. Dude obviously loves fitness too. Good for him for not going to the dark side and taking dat dere

oie62ln.gif

gurudyne

Smackdown's becoming the go-to show for progressing WWE storylines. And decent matches. Hope it continues.

Favorite thing for the month is that there's really nothing to dislike about the Wyatt-Shield feud. Two groups of very skilled performers bickering and slowly amping up to mutual hatred. WWE needs more feuds like it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That leak can't be Orton

Orton would say it publicly. Orton don't give a shit. He said Punk always worries about his spot, and he'd have no problem telling AJ she only gets to stay on top because of him.

I don't think either of what you said is true at all. Cody flipping off a cage without looking on a meaningless Raw is a dumb spot. Trading finishers, flippity floppy for no reason, and no selling is indiewrestling.gif.

Maybe you're joking?

lucha move set up that makes absolutely zero sense with Bryan wrestling style, "flippity floppy for no reason" as you put it.

indiewrestling.gif

Ithil

Smackdown is crushing RAW at the moment. RAW seems to have nothing happen for 2+ hours of the show, only the first 20 minutes and last half hour seem to be used.

Smackdown had some story progression and a bunch of good matches. Bryan/Cesaro was great, Sheamus/Ryback and Bray/Goldust were both short but good, and Orton/Christian had their usual good match.

jred2k

Smackdown is crushing RAW at the moment. RAW seems to have nothing happen for 2+ hours of the show, only the first 20 minutes and last half hour seem to be used.

Smackdown had some story progression and a bunch of good matches. Bryan/Cesaro was great, Sheamus/Ryback and Bray/Goldust were both short but good, and Orton/Christian had their usual good match.

Yeah they were in a weird position where they had treated SmackDown as non-essential for so long they were probably afraid to do anything spectacular with it in case it got missed. I think the boost in quality probably comes from the impending contract negotiations. If they can make SmackDown compelling for the more casual fan it will probably increase what they can ask for by quite a bit.

I just hope that they don't get a big payday for it and then turn it back to a complete B-show. If nothing else, they should at least be using the time to further some mid-card stories and feuds. I think it could really benefit from having the IC and US titles defended every week on a rotating basis. They would burn through credible challengers pretty quickly that way, though.

jred2k

That can't possibly be his real laugh.

Side note: how many times has Mark Henry left/been injured in the past year and come back? It seems like an average of every two months or so. I kind of wish he had retired after his feud with Cena. He's just going to either fizzle out being barely used or actually have an injury end his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom