• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
I'm taking a road trip from Indiana to Huntington Beach. I think next week. I'm going to drive 8-10 hours a day, ride my bike around whatever little town I stop in, probably sleep in my car a night or two, and definitely drive through the desert. And as I go through the desert, I ABSOLUTELY will load my iPod up with Hogan/Warrior/Savage promos. I'm going to go into the danger zone with and do the backstroke with the world on my shoulders as I step over the skeletons of the ultimate challenge.

UberTag

Something that letter to F4W made me realize- Punk leaving may be the best thing to ever happen to Bryan's WWE career.
I think it's a bit premature to say that.

Will Punk's departure force the WWE's hand to give the ball to D.Brine earlier than they would like to see if he can run with it? Probably.
Will that ultimately work out for him in his career? Hard to say.

The main problem for Bryan is that there's nobody over enough on the heel side of things for him to feud with even if he gets the belt between now and Mania as everyone hopes.

Nobody wants to see him feud with Orton any more.
Even if they turn Batista there's no guarantee he can put on a good match any more.
Cena will never turn.

If they put the belt on Bryan in a triple threat at Mania, they won't break up the Shield beforehand which means they can't have their own triple threat blowoff match until Extreme Rules so although I suppose Ambrose would be available to work with after that point.

And nobody else on the heel side is really over apart from Bray who'll be character assassinated by Cena in their feud unless the improbable happens and Cena doesn't destroy & discredit him.

And Brock... who they're reluctant to use and seemingly is going to add another loss to his own record at Mania.

Best case scenario from where I stand is that they put the title on Bryan at Mania, give him a legit run, quickly blow off the Orton rematch and then book a multi-PPV feud against Cesaro until D.Brine's ready to drop the belt to Big Dave for his movie promo run in the summer. This is totally dependent on them giving Cesaro an impressive enough showing in the Chamber match and still being able to keep him heel despite hardcore crowds at Mania and in Jersey the next month. No guarantee of that.

And if they don't pull the trigger on Cesaro, they'll probably shove a Kane feud down our throats.

Recall

Exactly. Most logical post in this thread right now. Billy Gunn deserved more gold.

Billy Gunn squandered his chances. Do you not remember The Rock vs Billy Gunn on PPV?

He was destined to be pushed to the high moons but it just never worked out.

PTP should've taken the belts off of Kofi and R-Truth at Summerslam 2012. Team Hell No could've beaten them the next month, but a short reign is better than no reign. They were probably gonna before the AW fiasco.

Xater

oie62ln.gif

Was that the spot for the end? That is indeed pretty awesome.

UberTag

Just saw Smackdown, Christian getting beaten up never gets old
It's what keeps the guy employed.

Everyone on the roster loves working with the guy... arguably more than anyone else (except for Bryan).
He'll put anyone over.
He's credible.
You can motion him in any direction in the ring and he won't put up any resistance (ensuring a match that flows better than almost any other in the mid-card).
He'll make you look like a million bucks.

With the WWE desperate to build up heels to feud with their endless supply of face main eventers, Christian is the one guy they will face that will make them look their greatest.
He's the new Chris Jericho.

strobogo

Banned
Just purchased a new radio so I can fill up 12 gigs of iPod and at least 16 gigs of USB of music and podcasts for this ride. I'm doing this, bros. Going to go through Indy, Terre Haute, St. Louis, Springfield MO, Tulsa and OKC (Sup, Sunny), Amarillo (Sup, Funks), Albuquerque (Sup, Walt), Flagstaff, and then meet up with Tito in Huntington Beach.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I agreed to get drinks with a 6/10 tonight. At least there is no pressure for me to be on point at all times. I might have sex with her and just not tell anyone about it except the IRS when I claim it as charity on my taxes.

Ah, so you did, I remember now - that 2nd gif is magical.

Anywho, it's the Freefall show, so at the very least I'm gonna have a bunch of gifs of New Jack trying to murder Vic Grimes. Also, I'm betting Supreme vs Sandman is going to be godawful. GOD. AWFUL.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Ah, so you did, I remember now - that 2nd gif is magical.

Anywho, it's the Freefall show, so at the very least I'm gonna have a bunch of gifs of New Jack trying to murder Vic Grimes. Also, I'm betting Supreme vs Sandman is going to be godawful. GOD. AWFUL.

i have a bunch of gifs from the show I reviewed, which I lost to formatting and didn't have the heart to do again. I'll post some of the better ones. I was looking at maybe reviewing some Major League Wrestling shows.

I wonder how pissed Sin Cara is that WWE let Bryan do the proper La Mistica, rather than the pathetically gimped version they made Sin Cara use;

He tried to mail a response but had the wrong address.

BTW, anyone got a nice image of the CHAOS and Bullet Club logos? Might apply a skin to my PS4.

Renee Young. Renee Young. Renee Young. How sweet is thee?

I don't know if I'd rather see the triple threat between The Shield or Reigns vs. Trip-ul-H. I think Reigns has a better chance of winning than Bryan but triple threat could steal the show.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder who is in charge of Smackdown audio and why that person still has a job. They don't even try. Besides the blatantly obvious piped in pops, the commentary is just mind blowing in how that gets out to TV. Guys cut off mid sentence, long gaps of silence and then responding to whatever was cut out, the announcers clearly talking in the background, but with no sound going on. It's so disjointed and unprofessional. It's some Impact level shit and they've been doing it for years now.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I got the AJ shirt in the mail today.

And I've got to say these "Special Edition" shirts are pretty good. No print on the back, no WWE Logo stitched on the bottom.

Just the print on the front and that's it.

Showaddy

I wonder who is in charge of Smackdown audio and why that person still has a job. They don't even try. Besides the blatantly obvious piped in pops, the commentary is just mind blowing in how that gets out to TV. Guys cut off mid sentence, long gaps of silence and then responding to whatever was cut out, the announcers clearly talking in the background, but with no sound going on. It's so disjointed and unprofessional. It's some Impact level shit and they've been doing it for years now.

Yeah the commentary with Rollins was awful yesterday. Cole just asking the same stupid questions over and over again then just randomly barking out calls whilst Rollins was speaking. Then like 15 seconds of silence before JBL says something daft as well. Boggles the mind.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Stro's Ultimate Challenge runs through Tulsa, I will absolutely meet the legend! And buy him a nice steak dinner.

strobogo

Banned
If Stro's Ultimate Challenge runs through Tulsa, I will absolutely meet the legend! And buy him a nice steak dinner.

How should I prepare? Should I jump off the tallest building in the world? Should I lie on the lawn and let them run over me with lawnmowers? Or, should I go to Africa and let them trample me with raging elephants?

And I will indeed be loaded for bear.

Coked up insanity Warrior's promo style changed dramatically once it was decided he was going to be the man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I got the AJ shirt in the mail today.

And I've got to say these "Special Edition" shirts are pretty good. No print on the back, no WWE Logo stitched on the bottom.

Just the print on the front and that's it.

Sounds like the ill-fated Top Rope style tees. You ever had one of those? How's it compare?

How should I prepare? Should I jump off the tallest building in the world? Should I lie on the lawn and let them run over me with lawnmowers? Or, should I go to Africa and let them trample me with raging elephants?

And I will indeed be loaded for bear.

Coked up insanity Warrior's promo style changed dramatically once it was decided he was going to be the man.
Such MAJESTY.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder why Hulk Hogan always took shots at Jack Tunney. Always seemed weird for the super face to always say Tunney was corrupt and in the pocket of various heels. Another thing that doesn't make sense to me....why were Warrior/Savage the Ultimate Maniacs and in red and yellow? That seems like a Hogan/Warrior team.

jmdajr

I wonder why Hulk Hogan always took shots at Jack Tunney. Always seemed weird for the super face to always say Tunney was corrupt and in the pocket of various heels. Another thing that doesn't make sense to me....why were Warrior/Savage the Ultimate Maniacs and in red and yellow? That seems like a Hogan/Warrior team.
Snap into a Slim Jim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom