• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
#hotsportstake

wrestlingmoves-taker.gif

indywrestling.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If that was indy wrestling, Taker would have done a corkscrew before hitting his arm

I can already see an AR Fox doing something that stupid

Aiii

So not worth it
He worked the same spot at a house show, they even talked about it on TV so I'm guessing that the higher ups liked the spot. The issue is he didn't account for the fact that Cesaro could catch him because he's a wrestling machine where as Road Dogg couldn't catch him because he's a useless old fuck.
He did the same risky move twice, once on a house show that wasn't even taped for the heck of it, so nobody will ever remember it or be able to show it on a documentary or something and the other in a throwaway match on Raw that he lost! Again, nobody will remember it.

That's as stupid as it gets really.

I can just imagine AR Fox jumping up and down the middle rope 900 times.

He did the same risky move twice, once on a house show that wasn't even taped for the heck of it, so nobody will ever remember it or be able to show it on a documentary or something and the other in a throwaway match on Raw that he lost! Again, nobody will remember it.

I still see it as poor risk assessment; I don't think the spot's too risky against somebody like Cesaro and people need to do what they can to stand out. Beyond that who know's if Cody even came up with that finish?

I haven't been following lately but have the Neutered And Aged Outlaws held on to their tag team title so far?

It was sad when one of them was all like "you know I can't say that anymore". I mean what's the point of them being there if they can't even do their gimmick?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I haven't been following lately but have the Neutered And Aged Outlaws held on to their tag team title so far?

It was sad when one of them was all like "you know I can't say that anymore". I mean what's the point of them being there if they can't even do their gimmick?

Didn't stop the Rock from coming back

Pavaloo

they let the crowd say "suck it" for them and that tends to work

Jamie OD

First time was at the annual MSG Christmas house show. Everyone in WWE takes that event seriously because it's one of the biggest house shows on the calendar. Not going to defend the second one.

Showaddy

You mean the one where he didn't get caught by the guy underneath him? How is that his fault?

Whilst Road Dogg should have tried a lot harder to catch him Rhodes was coming down shoulder first and frankly, just because the spot worked with a beast like Cesaro doesn't mean it was a good idea to work it with a old vet who's not in particularly great shape.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
He should know to not do it, especially not on some random show.
Fair enough.
Whilst Road Dogg should have tried a lot harder to catch him Rhodes was coming down shoulder first and frankly, just because the spot worked with a beast like Cesaro doesn't mean it was a good idea to work it with a old vet who's not in particularly great shape.
They shouldn't even be in the ring at a combined age of 94, but hey have you seen that Billy Gunn? Hasn't aged a day!

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Fair enough.

They shouldn't even be in the ring at a combined age of 94, but hey have you seen that Billy Gunn? Hasn't aged a day!

There should be a spot where they are in a tag match against Dolph and someone else and Road Dogg get's hit on the head and thinks that Ziggler is Billy Gunn.

Ithil

They're talking about the real fans, who made Batista the biggest ratings draw every week he's been on (source : Meltzer).

"Real fans" are fans that don't watch or contribute a dime to WWE for 95% of the year, and only watch a few RAWs because an old star is on it?

Mr. Sam

Old Age Outlaws is still the best play on words. It's right there. It's screaming to be used. Working harder to make a more awkward pun is just silly.

somedevil

1) Wasn't developed by Vince or the WWE.
2) European.
3) Has the audacity to pull off these amazing feats of strength without looking like a Roided Monster.

I know your joking but what has been holding him back is people with power in the back think he is boring.

Its an easy problem to solve by giving him promo time and a push to make him interesting. The WWE is starting to get behind him though because he is basically a star on NXT and they are putting him in the Chamber match.

Also, more Mainstream Daniel Bryan News:

The scroller at the bottom of NFL Network programming today mentioned that Daniel Bryan will be in their studios on Monday to discuss the Seattle Seahawks on NFL Total Access.

Showaddy

I know your joking but what has been holding him back is people with power in the back think he is boring.

Its an easy problem to solve by giving him promo time and a push to make him interesting. The WWE is starting to get behind him though because he is basically a star on NXT and they are putting him in the Chamber match.

Yeah I'm definitely enjoying him more with Zeb and that Patriot theme but he really is one of the best wrestlers in the world and the crowd love him. He deserves a serious chance to develop as his own character.

Also they need to start letting him do the UFO...
umWANE9.gif

Cesaro is a great physical specimen but he just doesn't have the body builder, veiny, roided to the moon look that Vince gets boners over.

Vince doesnt like strong. He just likes big.

Ithil

Also, more Mainstream Daniel Bryan News:

I'm gonna make a guess and say that HHH is a big fan of his, given how much he appears on NXT and what a big deal he's made out to be on it, and the matches made to showcase him. That's the show HHH is alone in gorilla position for so he's got a front row seat.

Watching Wrestle-1, Ryota Hama's gimmick change is really weird, he left All Japan and became a Japanese 2 Cool-era Rikishi who protects women wrestlers from random perverts like Kikutaro. Also, Rob Terry teamed with a mini panda for some reason.

Yeah I'm definitely enjoying him more with Zeb and that Patriot theme but he really is one of the best wrestlers in the world and the crowd love him. He deserves a serious chance to develop as his own character.

I actually really like his current character of being the most American Real American to Zeb whilst conducting an interview in Swedish that Zeb understand perfectly. I'd like to see a face turn program where he protects cooky racist uncle Zeb against Swagger who wants to brutalise Zeb (despite being old and helpless) for choosing Toni over him and Cesaro for not standing by him.

Doesn't really work though when you have Show knocking Zeb out for no good reason as a face.

RBH

Just got done watching the Triple H documentary on Netflix.

The part where Big Show talks about Michael Hayes at HHH/Stephanie's wedding made me legit LOL.

Rob Terry & Panda-kun;

ibuxfZpQAIcVux.gif

Hama smash;

iZQlN6HuhR3ix.gif

Mr. Sam said:
Cesaro just needs to be the bad motherfucker who wrecks people. It's not hard.

That'd be the easiest way to push him, definitely. He has more charisma than people give him credit for, though, they just need to let him show it more often. I'd have preferred it if he'd just been able to keep his 'Very European' gimmick from the indies, but I have been enjoying his stuff with Zeb & Swagger.

Snaku

Banned
image.jpg

Wearin a Wrasslin shirt on this "date" with a jobber girl. Will I pile drive this stat padder tonight? I will leave it up to the Wrasslegaf Universe. Vote now!

You may have stood a chance had you gone with a nice stable Kane shirt. The only signal she's gonna pick up from a Punk shirt is unemployed loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom