• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

From the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

The proposed Toby Keith-Jeff Jarrett promotion, which is a long way from happening, stemmed almost exactly as you’d think. TNA was for sale and Jarrett through his connections with the Nashville music industry and Keith in particular, tried to put together a bid to buy the company. The deal was very close at one point. Bob Carter came to Keith to finalize the deal and the two sides were close on a price, although they were not quite there. The belief is they were going to hash it out, but Carter only had one request in selling, which was that Dixie Carter would remain with her title, have some power in the company and remain a television character. Keith said he wasn’t going to buy the company with any creative limitations, so the deal actually fell apart because Bob Carter in the end was going to protect his daughter. Someone in TNA who was aware of how it went down noted to us that, “That’s why we all are still here,” noting if it was about business, TNA would have never survived after the last golden carrots (prime time TV and Hulk Hogan) failed to increase popularity or take the company from losing money. At that point, the feeling was from Keith and Jarrett that they didn’t need to buy the company, as they could start their own company from scratch. The deal falling through would have been shortly before Jarrett quit TNA in December. The other thing noted is when this story got out inside of TNA, those who had tried to believe the Janice Carter memo and thought the idea was that the Carters wouldn’t sell, and the talks were for just a minority investor, realized they’d been had.

kirblar

Yeah pretty much :p

No doubt they've all trimmed/bulked up since entering Vince's wacky world. Bray's dropped from a DD to a B cup for starters.
Even a guy who's in very good shape like Swagger looked super awkward in the WWE jobber uniform when he debuted on ECW. They immediately corrected his gear the next week though. It's just an issue that reflects how much they don't understand "play to a guy's strengths, hide their weaknesses" anymore.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
image.jpg

Wearin a Wrasslin shirt on this "date" with a jobber girl. Will I pile drive this stat padder tonight? I will leave it up to the Wrasslegaf Universe. Vote now!
You're trying way too hard to push this "I usually get hot girls" routine.

Snaku's right, though. You should have worn a Kane shirt. A Kane shirt signifies that you're a respectable business monster with a 3 foot penis. Your Punk shirt just says that you're a fry cook with no noticeable bulge.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Shit's about to pop off. I'm pm'ing a pic to Bucket because he is a nice boy and he can verify that it's not a complete disaster. I'll see you guys that stay up for the New Japan show later because I am gonna dip after and head home for that. Bunch of fuckin Rey Mysterio's to my Batista in here. You're supposed to be my friends!

Pavaloo

that's freakin' sick

regarding LED lamps: I always thought it was lame too, but seeing Wyatts live, when they come out, there appeared to be scattered LED lamps in the arena/audience. It was really freaking cool.

freakin' led lamps

DiscoJon

Banned
Watching the "50 Greatest Finishing Moves" doc on Netflix right now. And where is Triple H's pedigree ranked you asked?

THIRD. This is higher than the figure 4, the sharpshooter, the DDT, Sweet Chin Music and The Rock bottom. Gotta love that revisionist history. I guess Hunter is the Michael Jordan of the WWE after all...

gurudyne

This is higher than the figure 4, the sharpshooter, the DDT, Sweet Chin Music and The Rock bottom. Gotta love that revisionist history. I guess Hunter is the Michael Jordan of the WWE after all...

To be fair, the Rock Bottom looks bland, the DDT is now a mid-match move, Flair "never won anything with the Figure Four" and the Rock assassinated the sharpshooter and had Natalia bury the corpse.

I thought the Rock always did the Scorpion Death Lock like Sting. When he did the Scorpion King movie, they called it the SDL and now they just say sharpshooter.

tm24

Cant wait to find out Tanahashi's challenger for Invasion Attacks. That is next right?

ARE YOU FUCKING READY FOR DESPERADO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom