• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

So I've heard the Network is gonna have some censorship after all. Here's a preview:

1511205_10203296091306200_686394904_n.jpg

:lol

Well played.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Always wonder what would have happened with Benoit if he didn't... you know.
Would he keep killing himself in the ring like Kurt?

With Eddie, I figure it's pretty obvious he could have been an awesome on-air personality a la GM or announcer or commentator.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think it's safe to say he would've still been putting on amazing 25 minute Raw main events with guys like The Shield, Cesaro and Bryan.

After that, I suppose he would've been an Agent backstage.

Aiii

So not worth it
When did this happen? Is there a youtube video?

During Austin's last run after they stopped taping Raw, Austin would hang in the ring, drink beer and fuck about with the other stars to entertain the fans. Sometimes this would go on for an hour, much to the annoyance of the ring crew because they couldn't start taking down the set and had to stay late.

It's I think a part of the Raw 1000 DVD documentary, or one of the Austin ones, not sure.

Ithil

Those casual fans are the ones who bought Wrestlemania the past two years to see Cena vs. Rock and actually made the WWE money, while the "hardcore" whined about the Internet Hero of the Week being BERRIED as they tried to find a site to stream Wrestlemania off of.

Are we really still doing the "only nerdy internet nerds like Daniel Bryan" thing? In 2014?

Ithil

How anyone can say this is lame is beyond me. It's a really visually pleasing move, and it doesn't have a lot of impact on Reigns' body longterm aside from his knees for the landing, but that's normal.

He does run the risk of messing up his ankles over time, though. He lightly sprained his ankle doing that move once on the outside of the ring last year.

Alucard

Banned
He does run the risk of messing up his ankles over time, though. He lightly sprained his ankle doing that move once on the outside of the ring last year.

He can probably work on the landing. Maybe not even land on his feet all the time but do a tuck and roll afterwards.

Roman Reigns seriously looks like a badass anime character with his offense.

Is it worth watching all of NJPW The New Beginning from last night, or should I just jump to the main event?

The first half is mostly skipable, but Ishii & Yujiro vs Naito & Honma after intermission was pretty fun. Watching the Bullet Club match now.

A Young Bucks gif for you all;

iSr9xHBJGK0A1.gif

During Austin's last run after they stopped taping Raw, Austin would hang in the ring, drink beer and fuck about with the other stars to entertain the fans. Sometimes this would go on for an hour, much to the annoyance of the ring crew because they couldn't start taking down the set and had to stay late.

It's I think a part of the Raw 1000 DVD documentary, or one of the Austin ones, not sure.

Haha, I need to find this.

I got home from CZW before 2 AM.

THIS IS A MIRACLE! We usually get back around 4.

Anybody order the Anniversary show?

Also it really bites about WSUs show not working, stupid building :-(

Austin is a bellend for doing that nonsense, damn you Austin!

And why did Spider turn heel on us all

Striker

Watching the "50 Greatest Finishing Moves" doc on Netflix right now. And where is Triple H's pedigree ranked you asked?

THIRD. This is higher than the figure 4, the sharpshooter, the DDT, Sweet Chin Music and The Rock bottom. Gotta love that revisionist history. I guess Hunter is the Michael Jordan of the WWE after all...
He is that damn good.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Emotional pain is a wonderful thing, Wrasslegaf. Your life flashes before your eyes, things that are the most important to you become crystal clear. You start to begin to learn the meaning of life. Last night when they called me ugly and I looked across and I saw Bucket, Alucard, 6/10, and myself, I realized that we were people brought together not by philosophy, but by necessity. And I started to think, new gaf order, new gaf order, where have I heard that?
And I remembered in the Good Book it says, 'When the new gaf order is put into place it signals the beginning of the end of time.' Well, WrassleGaf is our world, it's where we live and breathe. And if you want to destroy it, Stro and Bionic, you've already made a mistake that jumps off the page. If you're gonna take an emotional baseball bat to a Spider, finish the job. Because there's one rule of gang fighting. See, we are the original gang and we're the most vicious in all of WrassleGaf history. They send one of yours to the hospital, you send two of theirs to the morgue.

*drops mic to go get an ice coffee*

Earlier in the day, Tanahashi announced that he will not be competing in March’s NEW JAPAN CUP tournament. Instead he stated that the winner can chose which title he wants to compete against, and the runner-up will receive the other title match. 
Keep in mind that this just follows suit as the NEW JAPAN CUP is primarily held to build up contenders for the IWGP Heavyweight belt, so the main champion, now champion(s), are excluded.

WOW this is crazy. IC title elevated.

New Japan becoming like brand split WWE in terms of top titles

Kaladin

WWE officially kills brand split and drops their second title.

Brand split becomes cool again with the second title getting elevated elsewhere.

It's also happening in Evolve / Dragon Gate USA where Evolve has become kind of the Smackdown of the two companies, and they're working to elevate the Evolve title to the same level as the DGUSA belt which is a bit difficult considering how long Johnny Gargano has been DGUSA champ.

Yesterday: I don't want to watch wrestling, I want to play Hearthstone!

Today: I don't want to play Hearthstone, I want to watch wrestling!

Freaking Hearthstone, man. I've been playing for only a few days but good goddamn, it's addicting. Also helps that I'm stomping people out early (though that will surely end soon)

OH also, if anybody else remembers the old WWF/E card game With Authority, there's an open source version here now!

Synamicd

IT'S LIKE I'M 12 AGAIN

Nameless

How anyone can say this is lame is beyond me. It's a really visually pleasing move, and it doesn't have a lot of impact on Reigns' body longterm aside from his knees for the landing, but that's normal.

Yeah the Superman punch could be his finisher if he didn't have such an awesome spear, as could the powerbomb. He's quietly putting together a nice little moveset.

HJXmHV1.gif

So, yeah, Tanahashi vs Nakamura was real freaking good. A definite step above their WK8 match, which isn't surprising as they were pressed for time there, and I really loved the story with Nakamura targeting Tanahashi's arm throughout. Tana did a great job selling and I liked his one-handed attempts to skin the cat. The finish was a bit messed up, but they recovered well. I presume Tana would have dropped to one knee to counter the spinning armbreaker, but Nak couldn't quite get the rotation so he dropped off Tana's back and Tana went straight to the dragon suplex. The tag title match was good fun as well, best match for Anderson & Gallows yet. Also, isn't anyone else amazed by how good Lance Archer has become? It's pretty crazy. Ishii & Naito beating the crap out of each other was fun as well and I enjoyed the Bullet Club 8-man tag match. Good show overall, even if the 1st half was a bit lacklustre. I expect Tuesday's show will top it, though.

GIFs;

iRmbrG8kpLeAl.gif

ibs0d0JDxA6BvY.gif

iiR5WHO8IYcNM.gif

icq75WufmXpRN.gif

iRZ2v5opoPl7c.gif

iIKyy2e2FbZMb.gif

iiJYB6vHCm5fp.gif

iNKux0r6aTQzT.gif

Real good to see them make a success of the IC title, New Japan have needed a proper secondary belt for a while now.

The NWA World Tag Team Title #1 contendership match between Yum Yum & Tarver vs. TenKoji is going to be such garbage.

Yeah, it really is. I was honestly surprised Tarver got an OK match out of Tenzan and Big Daddy Yum Yum didn't look entirely terrible, just mostly terrible. I liked that one gutbuster he did a bunch of times.

Yeah the Superman punch could be his finisher if he didn't have such an awesome spear, as could the powerbomb. He's quietly putting together a nice little moveset.

HJXmHV1.gif

He did a pretty decent black hole slam on smarkdown as I recall as well. Only problem I have with him is that half his move set are potential finishers. I hate to tell a guy to dial back the impact but yeah, that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom