• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the Superman punch could be his finisher if he didn't have such an awesome spear, as could the powerbomb. He's quietly putting together a nice little moveset.

HJXmHV1.gif

I'm surprised that Rome hasn't claim his victory in ending Punk..

strobogo

Banned
At his best, Low Ki is about a quarter as cool and Bruce Lee, which is still pretty cool. I wish Bruce Lee had been able to make some glorious 80s American action movies. Dude couldn't stop head kicking and doing double stomps in Enter The Dragon.

Those casual fans are the ones who bought Wrestlemania the past two years to see Cena vs. Rock and actually made the WWE money, while the "hardcore" whined about the Internet Hero of the Week being BERRIED as they tried to find a site to stream Wrestlemania off of.

Daniel Bryan is picking strawberries now?

What a nerd.

At his best, Low Ki is about a quarter as cool and Bruce Lee, which is still pretty cool. I wish Bruce Lee had been able to make some glorious 80s American action movies. Dude couldn't stop head kicking and doing double stomps in Enter The Dragon.

Low-Ki has a 10 minute match where he just kicks Vinny Massaro as hard as he can. It was pretty fun to watch to be honest. He can sure kick hard a lot of different ways.

APW 2001 King of Indies

Bryan Danielson v Spanky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByXFSsOlkso

Alucard

Banned
Hey dudes, how are your "best/favourite matches of 2014" lists coming along? Here is mine so far:

January
26 - Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt (WWE Royal Rumble) ****1/2

February
1 – AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong (ROH) ****1/4
7 – Sheamus vs. Ryback (WWE Smackdown) ***
7 – Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro (WWE Smackdown) ***1/4

---
Really enjoyed the two Smackdown matches this past week, so had to put 'em up there. Still waiting to put a TNA match on this list, and a NJPW match. Have a feeling I'll have a couple after I watch The New Beginning.

WWE.Com has posted a list of WWE matches that are "too brutal" for WWE.Com but will be on WWE Network "uncensored and unedited as they originally aired".

-- Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels -- Great American Bash 2008

-- WWF Championship I Quit Match: The Rock vs. Mankind (c) -- Royal Rumble 1999

-- WWE Championship I Quit Match: John Bradshaw Layfield vs. John Cena (c) -- Judgment Day 2005

-- Hell in a Cell Handicap Match: Triple H & Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, & The Big Show -- Unforgiven 2006

-- WWE Intercontinental Championship No Holds Barred Match: Cactus Jack vs. Randy Orton (c) -- Backlash 2004

-- Trish Stratus vs. Stephanie McMahon -- No Way Out 2001

-- WWE Championship Hell in a Cell Match: The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar (c) -- No Mercy 2002

-- Street Fight: Vince McMahon vs. Ric Flair -- Royal Rumble 2002

-- I Quit Match: Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart -- WrestleMania 13

-- World Heavyweight Championship Hell in a Cell Match: Triple H vs. Batista (c) -- Vengeance 2005

DMczaf

WWE.Com has posted a list of WWE matches that are "too brutal" for WWE.Com but will be on WWE Network "uncensored and unedited as they originally aired".

-- WWE Championship I Quit Match: John Bradshaw Layfield vs. John Cena (c) -- Judgment Day 2005

-- Hell in a Cell Handicap Match: Triple H & Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, & The Big Show -- Unforgiven 2006

-- WWE Intercontinental Championship No Holds Barred Match: Cactus Jack vs. Randy Orton (c) -- Backlash 2004

-- WWE Championship Hell in a Cell Match: The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar (c) -- No Mercy 2002

-- World Heavyweight Championship Hell in a Cell Match: Triple H vs. Batista (c) -- Vengeance 2005

Booker T vs Triple H Wrestlemania 19 should be on this list.

strobogo

Banned

Why would Trish vs Stephanie be on the list? Was there blood or a lot of male on female violence or something? If we're talking JBL, the match against Eddie where Eddie bled so much he went into shock should definitely be on there. Looking at pictures, though, it looks like that Cena match might have been even bloodier.

eddie.png

cena-bloody.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Watching NJPW The New Beginning. Some sloppy moments in early moments of the first match, especially by Jushin Liger. Uncharacteristic.

Trish vs. Steph is on the list because William Regal physically attacks Trish during the match. Male-on-female violence is a no-no these days. Also, Steph yanking Trish's shorts down to expose her thong and spanking her bare ass isn't PG either.

According to Jericho, that match with Michaels is what made Vince flip his lid and make the product family-friendly again.

ghostmind

So, yeah, Tanahashi vs Nakamura was real freaking good. A definite step above their WK8 match, which isn't surprising as they were pressed for time there, and I really loved the story with Nakamura targeting Tanahashi's arm throughout. Tana did a great job selling and I liked his one-handed attempts to skin the cat. The finish was a bit messed up, but they recovered well. I presume Tana would have dropped to one knee to counter the spinning armbreaker, but Nak couldn't quite get the rotation so he dropped off Tana's back and Tana went straight to the dragon suplex. The tag title match was good fun as well, best match for Anderson & Gallows yet. Also, isn't anyone else amazed by how good Lance Archer has become? It's pretty crazy. Ishii & Naito beating the crap out of each other was fun as well and I enjoyed the Bullet Club 8-man tag match. Good show overall, even if the 1st half was a bit lacklustre. I expect Tuesday's show will top it, though.

Real good to see them make a success of the IC title, New Japan have needed a proper secondary belt for a while now.

Yeah, it really is. I was honestly surprised Tarver got an OK match out of Tenzan and Big Daddy Yum Yum didn't look entirely terrible, just mostly terrible. I liked that one gutbuster he did a bunch of times.

They should rename him Big Daddy Gutbuster then... and lose those shoulder straps.

I enjoyed the same matches you mentioned, plus I really liked Okada & YOSHI-HASHI vs Team GonnaFuckYouUp.

I think Tuesdays's show will be better though, but the having it during the week suuuuuuucks.

I also remember just about everybody thinking that Trish vs. Steph match was going to be beyond awful, but it turned out to be unbelievably good.

Alucard

Banned
I missed almost the entire 2000-2010 era of WWE, so a lot of those listed matches are new for me. JBL vs. Cena looks really fucked up.

strobogo

Banned
I missed almost the entire 2000-2010 era of WWE, so a lot of those listed matches are new for me. JBL vs. Cena looks really fucked up.

The Jericho/HBK feud was definitely one of the best feuds of the post Attitude Era. Off the top of my head, I can't even really think of anything at that level.

strobogo

Banned
I have a cousin who still fully believes in the first Warrior dying and being replaced. He's 30. That's such a dumb rumor. No fucking way could anyone replicate those promos.

Alucard

Banned
In NJPW, are ref rules different or something? Minoru Suzuki has put his hands on the ref twice in this match, one of which resulted in him getting knocked down, and he hasn't been disqualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom