• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wrestler can still look strong in defeat. It just depends how the match is booked.

Daniel Bryan lost his match at Royal Rumble and people were still expecting him to win the match he wasn't even booked in. At this point I feel like a few good losses are the only thing that could improve Cena's standings.

Recall

That's exactly how everyone backstage justifies feeding people to cena

Like I said if booked properly.

Eddie Guerrero made a career out if it. While Roman Reigns might not be Eddie but anything is possible.

I do detest how modern fans treat losing a match, like losing a match some how means your an instant jobber and career is forever doomed.

If Roman Reigns is world champ by the end of the year then he is no different to the countless other champs where it meant fucking nothing. Everyone is seemingly in a rush.

Gorillaz

Like I said if booked properly.

Eddie Guerrero made a career out if it. While Roman Reigns might not be Eddie but anything is possible.

I do detest how modern fans treat losing a match, like losing a match some how means your an instant jobber and career is forever doomed.

That's because most talent that lose a match go on a jobber streak afterwards where they are put into worse programs. Only the upper tier ones "bounce back". That's what I'v noticed awhile ago

Toki767

They're basically going to groom Reigns for a WrestleMania 31 title win. That is unless fans completely turn on him in a year. Which is fairly possible.

I'll admit that cutting the amount of world titles in half has me actually caring about the world title again. Even if the extent of my caring is just "Get those two mother fuckers out of the title picture"

FyreWulff

They need moe people to take time off after extended angles have their blowoff match. It sells the fact that the match was so big that they need to heal up, and gives some space between that angle and their next one.

Often, they'll have a big angle and have the guy lose, then start him in another one the next week on RAW with tons of losses, so it feels more like a downward spiral than a build for a new angle.

Vylash

I thought they'd book the title strongly and make it the focal point of the company now, but Orton's getting that CM Punk treatment

jmdajr

1392076307332_zpssxopepso.jpg

I am a little concerned about Steph's knees. Console me....

Recall

WWE for the past 12-13 years now has been obsessed with putting the world belt on a guy in hopes it makes him a star, rather than making a wrestler a star then putting the belt on him to elevate him higher.

Nothing seems earned, it's just one quick rush job to make every guy the next Rock or Stone Cold without putting actual effort into the process.

I like Roman Reigns and if it goes how WWE want he will be a 4 time champ in an 18 month period and hopefully over enough for people to still care but most likely will have a pointless reign that did nothing for anyone.

gurudyne

They're basically going to groom Reigns for a WrestleMania 31 title win. That is unless fans completely turn on him in a year. Which is fairly possible.

"When I was with those two losers, all of us trying to pretend we owned the world, what I really wanted to do was turn to you, the WWE Universe, and tell you that, well, I think you're pretty cool."

EDIT: Man, Steph seems to be really, excessively, angrily happy about that photo op. YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS BETTY WHITE-- TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT TO SUCK ON IT BITCHES

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'll buy Bravely Default. Be happy tm24.

kirblar

WWE for the past 12-13 years now has been obsessed with putting the world belt on a guy in hopes it makes him a star, rather than making a wrestler a star then putting the belt on him to elevate him higher.

Nothing seems earned, it's just one quick rush job to make every guy the next Rock or Stone Cold without putting actual effort into the process.

I like Roman Reigns and if it goes how WWE want he will be a 4 time champ in an 18 month period and hopefully over enough for people to still care but most likely will have a pointless reign that did nothing for anyone.
That's because they've elevated most guys as heels, where that doesn't really work right.

strobogo

Banned
Stereo is hooked up and working. Looks like shit since I didn't get a new console piece for it, but it works so that means

Sunny, I'm coming for you, ninja!

Alucard

Banned
Deciding to skip Raw tonight and just watch ROH and finish the NJPW show.

Tonight's Raw:

-Betty White
-Return of Mark Henry
-Orton vs. Cena

Ehhh...PVR and fast forward through it tomorrow night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stereo is hooked up and working. Looks like shit since I didn't get a new console piece for it, but it works so that means

Sunny, I'm coming for you, ninja!

Take your time, I ain't free till the weekund!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom