• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jred2k

Ladies and Gentleman... Indy Wrestling!

APWKoI4.gif

Is this gif sped up, or does Joe just move that slowly now?

somedevil

F4WOnline.com has confirmed reports that Roman Reigns is indeed being looked at by WWE officials as the next top guy in the company. He is being referred to by some as the "heir apparent" to John Cena, and we noted over the weekend that WWE officials have been discussing the idea of Reigns vs Triple H at WrestleMania 30.

Oh boy,y'all ain't ready

That match is only happening if Bryan is in the title match of WrestleMania.

Smackdown did 3.201 viewers. The highest in a long time. Smackdown is on role right now and Cena can't be given credit for that.

Kyoufu

F4WOnline.com has confirmed reports that Roman Reigns is indeed being looked at by WWE officials as the next top guy in the company. He is being referred to by some as the "heir apparent" to John Cena, and we noted over the weekend that WWE officials have been discussing the idea of Reigns vs Triple H at WrestleMania 30.

Oh boy,y'all ain't ready

These wrestling websites with their "dirtsheets" are so funny.

Alucard

Banned

Oh boy,y'all ain't ready

No thanks.

Anth0ny

Oh boy,y'all ain't ready

I'd love that match. Might be a little soon, though.

Smackdown did 3.201 viewers. The highest in a long time. Smackdown is on role right now and Cena can't be given credit for that.

obviously people read the spoilers, learned bryan/cesaro had a 5 star match, and decided to tune in.

Sephzilla

Oh boy,y'all ain't ready

I really feel horrible saying this and I don't want it to actually happen, but there's a part of me that wishes Cena would go down with some year-long injury that his Wolverine-like healing factor can't magically fix just to watch WWE finally realize that they're completely screwed because they've built up nobody else.

I really feel horrible saying this and I don't want it to actually happen, but there's a part of me that wishes Cena would go down with some year-long injury that his Wolverine-like healing factor can't magically fix just to watch WWE finally realize that they're completely screwed because they've built up nobody else.

Sheamus.

- He loves to fight
- A natural on the microphone
- Irish
- I don't know what his merchandise sales numbers are but he was in a K-Mart commercial
- He appeared on Conan O'Brien so he has crossover appeal

Sheamus is right there waiting in the wings to accept the torch from Cena and I for one cannot wait.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really interested in Progress 12. I'd like to watch it. They don't broadcast live, right? Just VOD/DVD?

Slizeezyc

2k14 PS4/XB1's praise is no joke. It's the most realistic looking video game I've ever played.

It is insanely good looking. Problem is which servers do you go with as both Yukes and VC have had, well, "issues" to say the least.

HAH.

What they did in NBA 2K14 for post/mid game interviews would actually translate extremely well to a WWE game. They use the actual audio from the players and coaches, properly lip synched, mixed in with live crowd noise in the background. Sounds like a real interview. Have that mixed into a WWE mode where you're replaying the Attitude era with Austin or something. BY GAWD.

The interviews would totally work, but that stuff is not synced properly in any way, the mouth sort of just moves. Also the interviewer seems kind of oddly out of place, but please deliver Renee Young to my game.

Mahonay

Banned
When Reigns breaks from the Shield he will have a Samoan Uso gimmick.
His ring gear looks so awesome with The Shield, it sucks to think about what shitty ring attire he will probably end up with.
It is insanely good looking. Problem is which servers do you go with as both Yukes and VC have had, well, "issues" to say the least.

The interviews would totally work, but that stuff is not synced properly in any way, the mouth sort of just moves. Also the interviewer seems kind of oddly out of place, but please deliver Renee Young to my game.
The interviewer for those NBA 2K14 interviews looks like she fell out of a Dreamcast game. It's not great looking.

EDIT: And holy fuck are you ever right about VC's shit ass servers. I would struggle to say I can start an online game with a friend of half the time even. It's ridiculous.

Ithil

Sheamus.

- He loves to fight
- A natural on the microphone
- Irish
- I don't know what his merchandise sales numbers are but he was in a K-Mart commercial
- He appeared on Conan O'Brien so he has crossover appeal

Sheamus is right there waiting in the wings to accept the torch from Cena and I for one cannot wait.

They already tried that in 2012, big time. It failed.

Oh boy,y'all ain't ready
Why the second person... Weak!!

gurudyne

They already tried that in 2012, big time. It failed.

Cena gone and their feet to the fire, the WWE'd give Sheamus the full ADR treatment and push him to the moon in spite of everything. They need someone to put food in their mouths and in this economy, that requires a smug, disingenuous douchebag for some reason.

Vincefact: Vince McMahon has wanted an Irish champion to be the face of the company since the 80s when he conceived Hulk Hogan as an Irish-American character, but most of the Irish elements to the character were dropped when it was decided Hogan would be a mutant hot dog man with shining gold hair.

Vince's love for Ireland might also explain Cena's longevity at the top because Boston.

Ithil

Cena gone and their feet to the fire, the WWE'd give Sheamus the full ADR treatment and push him to the moon in spite of everything. They need someone to put food in their mouths and in this economy, that requires a smug, disingenuous douchebag for some reason.

Again, they did exactly that in 2012. He got a superpush, and it didn't work.

Mr. Sam

Vincefact: Vince McMahon has wanted an Irish champion to be the face of the company since the 80s when he conceived Hulk Hogan as an Irish-American character, but most of the Irish elements to the character were dropped when it was decided Hogan would be a mutant hot dog man with shining gold hair.

Vince's love for Ireland might also explain Cena's longevity at the top because Boston.

Daniel Bryan looks like a fucking leprechaun - he should be all over that.

gurudyne

One of them should pull a Xavier Woods and steal Curtis Axel's music. Damned shame a theme that good should be saddled with a jobber like that.

Again, they did exactly that in 2012. He got a superpush, and it didn't work.

RR-to-WM I remember as being the push, but wasn't the rest of 2012 him having the same feud with ADR?

Mahonay

Banned
One of them should pull a Xavier Woods and steal Curtis Axel's music. Damned shame a theme that good should be saddled with a jobber like that.
Curtis Axel's intro is the only thing I like about him. The song, the dramatic lighting. All way too awesome for his terrible self. After his entrance is finished, I skip the match. Every time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You guys just never get it. It doesn't matter who is on top. The show will still suck. The show is no longer about getting ratings, and having a great product. It's now about pushing sponsors, merchandise, and pumping out enough hours of TV to generate high TV fees. The WWE gets paid a set fee no matter what their ratings are. They have a set audience that isn't going anywhere (I mean, they haven't yet). Cena was injured for months, and show still sucked. They'll turn Reigns into another Cena-lite, and that'll be it.

Big One

Banned
A match with Triple H is the worst thing that can happen to Roman Reigns. Don't kid yourself, Triple H WILL go over. If not someone will get buried and it's probably going to be someone in the Shield.

You guys just never get it. It doesn't matter who is on top. The show will still suck. The show is no longer about getting ratings, and having a great product. It's now about pushing sponsors, merchandise, and pumping out enough hours of TV to generate high TV fees. The WWE gets paid a set fee no matter what their ratings are. They have a set audience that isn't going anywhere (I mean, they haven't yet). Cena was injured for months, and show still sucked. They'll turn Reigns into another Cena-lite, and that'll be it.
It has its moments.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
A match with Triple H is the worst thing that can happen to Roman Reigns. Don't kid yourself, Triple H WILL go over. If not someone will get buried and it's probably going to be someone in the Shield.
No he won't. He might have beat Bryan or Punk but not Roman. They aren't that dumb probably

Alucard

Banned
WWE is a business and is about making money. Shill shill merch shill merch wrestling shill promo WWE APP wrestling SPONSORED BY THIS BAND commercial backstage NEW T-SHIRT Cena wins LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom