• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that talk of Brandon Stroud (aka Gaf Poster, Strobogo) has me visiting that wretched site for the first time in months if not years:

Also, go f*ck yourself with the “she’s not a girl, she’s a CHICK” talking point, Michael Hayes. Get your perspective on women from someone more learned than Bill Engvall.
YOU-STILL-GOT-IT *clap, clap, clapclapclap* YOU-STILL-GOT-IT *clap, clap, clapclapclap*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is like the kind of person who tries talking to wrestlers like they're on the same level or something. Like they take your opinion very seriously, random internet guy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ib0fOUdoOsy9mn.gif

UberTag

Rewatched Ishii vs Naito, can't quite give it five stars, but it's definitely my match of the year at this early stage. Both guys did a hell of a job selling their respective injuries, to the degree that I wasn't sure if Naito had actually busted his knee at one point. Also, those high angle German suplexes from Naito were brutal, as were the headbutts towards the end of the match. Naito vs Shibata could possibly be quite fun.

iy87XRR5m8jMK.gif
ibmWrTht1sdIef.gif
isGJHihVwaxCt.gif
Naito impressed the hell out of me and I'm a big Ishii fan so I was somewhat biased going into the match.
Great effort from both guys, although I think Ishii could have celebrated more with the title after winning the belt. I'm going to assume they were pressed for time.

Love the elbow / backhand chop of Ishii's that you made a .gif out of. Don't know why they don't give a guy in the WWE a move like that so the fans can count along with it while it looks legit and punishing instead of lame crap like having Ziggles drop 10 consecutive elbows on an opponent and then get pinned one minute later.

DMczaf

This is why the fucking storyline going on makes no fucking sense, and makes WWE look incompetent.

WWE keeps saying they don't know who the face of the company is, yet sports arenas across the country are beginning to use his chant and now he's on NFL Network. It makes it seem like they have no fucking clue what's going on in the world.

I hate this storyline.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Kevin Sullivan timeline is real interesting

•When an ECW guy was going to WCW, Sullivan would call Paul Heyman and warn him, 'they're coming. You got six weeks to do what you need to do with them. There's nothing I can do' so Paul would know ahead of time.

•Says Brian Pillman's whole 'shoot' thing was always a work for Brian. That he always tried to work people and that pretty much everyone backstage thought Brian was legit insane. And says that Pillman wanted to chain himself to the goal post at the Bengals game to get media attention. Sullivan said these huge dudes were TERRIFIED of Pillman because of his 'angle'

•Flair wanted to put EVERYONE over Hogan. Eventually, Hogan came to Sullivan and said 'I want to put Arn over' which Sullivan figured was him trying to prevent WCW from becoming us vs them with Hulk.

•David Hasslehoff hates Hulk Hogan

A Mike Quackenbush Ask Me Anything ... Please.

I trust that man and would totally subscribe to his newsletter

Lol no, he's basically a corrupt cop in that he barely survives because of the blue wall built up around him. The fact that he's even addressing any negative things said is a huge turnaround from what it normally is.

Also that wall of text is par for the goddamn course for anything he writes. I wish he had an editor on retainer

That's Ziggler's role. You can't try to make everyone else look good and then expect they won't run with that.

The only guy I can think of in that role who owned it and was still credible was Kurt Angle, but that's because he's Kurt Angle.

Kaladin

You guys know Orton is winning the Chamber, right? He'll eliminate everyone who defeated him, solidifying him as the face of WWE to challenge Batista at Wrestlemania.

#AgeOfOrton #BELIEVE #ReturnOfTheViper #YouGotTrolled #YesThereAreHashtagsInAPost #DealWithIt

You guys know Orton is winning the Chamber, right? He'll eliminate everyone who defeated him, solidifying him as the face of WWE to challenge Batista at Wrestlemania.

#AgeOfOrton #BELIEVE #ReturnOfTheViper #YouGotTrolled #YesThereAreHashtagsInAPost #DealWithIt

#OuttaNowhere #TheViperStrikes

And yuuuuuup

Heel

lol in his new shoot interview, Vader actually talks about the tug-of-war with Sting at his White Castle of Fear.

STINGURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

PLAY THE GAME!

and for anyone who watches, keep a mental tally of how many times Vader refers to various people in the wrestling industry as "a legit 6-foot-(various inches)."

Hahhaahahhaahahhaha I can't fucking believe it.

It's awesome, but I can't fucking believe it.

Either Orton's definitely winning at the Chamber, or he fucked up unimaginably big to the point where management not only stopped caring about his reign, but want him to lose it at last in the most ridiculous way. He's literally only beaten Christian one on one, and lost to every other EC contestant one on one on the way to the PPV. If he doesn't win, what the fuck did he do to piss management off so bad?

Cesaro beats Orton on Smackdown

Didn't think it would happen.
I gotta stop reading SD! spoilers if i wanna watch this show on the reg

So what you're saying, is Christian pins him in the chamber and wins

Toki767

Either Orton's definitely winning at the Chamber, or he fucked up unimaginably big to the point where management not only stopped caring about his reign, but want him to lose it at last in the most ridiculous way. He's literally only beaten Christian one on one, and lost to every other EC contestant one on one on the way to the PPV. If he doesn't win, what the fuck did he do to piss management off so bad?

Of course he's winning at the PPV. Who else would they have face Batista? This is what Meltzer refers to as parity booking.

That's Ziggler's role. You can't try to make everyone else look good and then expect they won't run with that.

The only guy I can think of in that role who owned it and was still credible was Kurt Angle, but that's because he's Kurt Angle.

Terry Funk always said, "Never learn how to look good losing or else you'll be doing a lot of it."

The story is the champ is going into the Chamber vulnerable as fuck and on a bad losing streak, so it's a surprise when he pulls it off.

This is classic heel champion pro wrestling, not some sort of politics or poor booking thing to read too much into.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Terry Funk always said, "Never learn how to look good losing or else you'll be doing a lot of it."

Sullivan's also talking about how people thought he was rough to wrestlers when he really wasn't, but he had to make it look that way because otherwise you realized he was a little guy. If he's flying all over the place, there goes the demon looking weak.

Dolph really should have talked to some veterans before going to the WWE.

WhatAMark.GIF

Of course Orton is winning at EC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom