• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol X-pac on Nash and Vince wanting him to be the new Hogan/Warrior

'Being the next so and so is a kiss of death. Anytime someone says you're the next so and so, they're fucking dead in the water.'

Sorry Roman.

And Backlund was the one who told Vince he wanted to put X-Pac over in the garden

what the hell does Vince know about pussy names?

Marion Cobretti

cobra.jpg

Gino Felino

500full.jpg

Toki767

So how long until they give Cesaro a new first name? I mean they could easily write it into storyline. Like say Cesaro got his US Citizenship and changed his first name to celebrate it. Of course since it's WWE they'd never do something that logical.

Toki767

Swagger does call him Tony in that backstage interview that Cesaro conducts with people.

It's not like John is a manly name or anything. Roman is pretty good though. Bryan sounds pretty manly for a first name, but even manlier as a last name.

Kensuke Sasaki has just announced his retirement - he was defeated by his protégé Katsuhiko Nakajima at the Diamond Ring show yesterday, which was the first victory Nakajima scored over his trainer.

Also, new botchamania;

Botchamania 243

Hasney

Lets watch one of the last good things WCW did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwZGZOGr_yo

No, Christ. That period was unwatchable with little "innocent" Nick Hogan begging throughout the whole show for Hogan to put on the red and yellow. I think it was Nick. Either way, it was some kid.

So Hogan "shockingly" comes out in the red and yellow, but the live crowd ate it up so would have been great for a one off show if they didn't bother with the child segments. Maybe I'm just soured because then we had weeks of the worst, dullest Hogan promos of all time. He needed cocaine or at least to keep a little of that nWo edge.

Aiii

So not worth it
No, Christ. That period was unwatchable with little "innocent" Nick Hogan begging throughout the whole show for Hogan to put on the red and yellow. I think it was Nick. Either way, it was some kid.

So Hogan "shockingly" comes out in the red and yellow, but the live crowd ate it up so would have been great for a one off show if they didn't bother with the child segments. Maybe I'm just soured because then we had weeks of the worst, dullest Hogan promos of all time. He needed cocaine or at least to keep a little of that nWo edge.

It's really weird to get that upset about something that happened 15 years ago mate. :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tempted to see the new Cornette Breaking Kayfabe, but the gimmick is getting as old and played out as your booking style, Cornette.

Hasney

It's really weird to get that upset about something that happened 15 years ago mate. :D

It ruined my 14 year old Friday nights until Russo took over :(. Damn my parents for not having Sky Sports at that point so I could flick to Raw!

I'm also functioning at work on 2 hours of sleep. Think I may turn heel on anything right now.

Swagger does call him Tony in that backstage interview that Cesaro conducts with people.

It's not like John is a manly name or anything. Roman is pretty good though. Bryan sounds pretty manly for a first name, but even manlier as a last name.

So for absolute manliness it would be "Bryan "The Roman" Bryan"? Sounds good to me

I trust that man and would totally subscribe to his newsletter

Lol no, he's basically a corrupt cop in that he barely survives because of the blue wall built up around him. The fact that he's even addressing any negative things said is a huge turnaround from what it normally is.

Also that wall of text is par for the goddamn course for anything he writes. I wish he had an editor on retainer

Haters gonna hate

Looking at the brackets for the New Japan Cup, they've pretty much telegraphed a Shibata win (plus, y'know, him challenging Okada and all that), but they could always swerve us and have Naito win. Either way, I'm pretty sure the semi-finals are going to be something like Naito vs Shibata and Goto vs Nakamura.

Forkball

If Game of Thrones taught me anything, having a badass nickname is only a plus.

How about they use half of his indie name. Claudio Cesaro. It just rolls off the tongue.

Haters gonna hate

You need to separate the man and the wrestler here. It seems you have difficulty doing this when it comes to CHIKARA.

As a wrestler, whatever, but as a person...

At best he's a carny who loves extremely complex situations, and at worst, he's an astoundingly arrogant and manipulative individual who's public persona is an entire facade and very clearly rehearsed

Take your pick. It's likely in the middle, leaning towards more carny than anything. Look at it like he's a car salesman. He'll say anything as long as you buy something.

If I wanted to hate, I'd talk about a whole hell of a lot of other things than this.

strobogo

Banned
Off for day 2. Plann is to go from Lebanon, MO to at least OKC today. Probably stop in Tulsa for food and a rest since it is about 4 hours from here I think. Maybe I'll run into you on a lunch break or something, Sunny.

FUCK I forgot to bring Zandig promos. JEEEEZUS.

You need to separate the man and the wrestler here. It seems you have difficulty doing this when it comes to CHIKARA.

As a wrestler, whatever, but as a person...

At best he's a carny who loves extremely complex situations, and at worst, he's an astoundingly arrogant and manipulative individual who's public persona is an entire facade and very clearly rehearsed

Take your pick. It's likely in the middle, leaning towards more carny than anything. Look at it like he's a car salesman. He'll say anything as long as you buy something.

If I wanted to hate, I'd talk about a whole hell of a lot of other things than this.
Chikara will rise brah. This time with a reboot. The New 52 of wrestling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Off for day 2. Plann is to go from Lebanon, MO to at least OKC today. Probably stop in Tulsa for food and a rest since it is about 4 hours from here I think. Maybe I'll run into you on a lunch break or something, Sunny.

FUCK I forgot to bring Zandig promos. JEEEEZUS.

PMed you my phone number on the off chance we can meet up today. It'd be dope if so!

XenoRaven

So, just came back from the doctor to get my allergy test results. Turns out I'm allergic to house dust mite. No surprise there really, but he said normal results are like 0,38 and my level was 48! Turns out I'm royally fucked and are going to have a stuffed nose for the rest of my life without any chance of doing anything about it. Damnit! (To be fair, I've lived with this my entire life so I'm used to it, but I was hoping to find some kind of solution by getting tested).

Hey now, you're not supposed to like wrestling around here! Stop that!
I'm almost 100% sure I have this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE Hall of Fame will be airing on the WWE Network, uncut and I assume live.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Cena looks real healthy on this Nexus debut. It's weird.

I'd like to open up the playlist submissions so people can add some stuff they like, but I want to wait until more people are awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom