• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

gyT5RVW.jpg

Striker

The story is the champ is going into the Chamber vulnerable as fuck and on a bad losing streak, so it's a surprise when he pulls it off.

This is classic heel champion pro wrestling, not some sort of politics or poor booking thing to read too much into.
A classic heel champion is something like losing by countout, DQ (interference), or cheating to win. Losing like he has is not good booking or really out to make your title look legitimate.

A classic heel champion is something like losing by countout, DQ (interference), or cheating to win. Losing like he has is not good booking or really out to make your title look legitimate.

They want the marks to feel like there is an actual chance Bryan, Cena or Sheamus might actually win. So they might buy the PPV in order to see their favorite babyface win the championship. When in reality, Orton is winning 100%.

Striker

When the Rock would be WWF champion he would beat guys like D'Lo Brown or Steve Blackman. If he's in a struggle against somebody like Austin or Kane, he'll get out of the situation by a run in or countout. And that's completely fine, because he's a heel. Him losing all the time just makes him look like a fool.

And yeah, it's quite obvious he'll win at EC. It makes it even more silly.

UberTag

<rolls eyes at the wish I could have gone to Smackdown comments>

Cesaro won a non-title match over Orton. Big whoop.
He beat the worst booked WWE champion since... damn, I think they booked Del Rio better than this.
They certainly booked The Miz better than this.

Next week on RAW, Sheamus will beat Orton as well. Triple H will make an example out of the only guy sucky enough to lose to Orton in Christian and banish him to "blue dot land" out of fear that Christian's mug is so ugly that he will shatter the glass of the chamber before he's due to enter the match because of how hideous he is. Triple H will put himself in the match along with the other 4 guys that beat Orton.

Cena will get decimated by 20 finishers from multiple men in sequence (because that's the only way he could possibly lose - but only after the Wyatts brutalize him backstage before the match even begins so he'll be wounded as well). Perhaps they'll set up a match between Cesaro and Sheamus for Mania.

Final 3 in the Chamber match are Triple H, Orton and D.Brine. Triple H costs Bryan the title setting up their match at Mania. Orton RKOs Triple H immediately afterwards to retain. Shitty Mania match vs. Batista will follow.

I bet that opening match with The Shield turns out great on television with those 6 guys involved. See... I can be positive too.

tm24

Goddamn the 3/6 NJPW show is gonna be amazing. Okada vs Ibushi non-title. Anderson/Doc vs Super Murder Best Friends (Goto/Shibata) for the tag titles

Then on 3/15 the New Japan Cup starts at Korakuen: Nak/DBS, Naito/Ishii (!!!), Makabe/Fale, Archer/Devitt, Goto/Gallows, Shibata/Anderson, Yano/Suzuki, Yujio/Shelton

Goddamn the 3/6 NJPW show is gonna be amazing. Okada vs Ibushi non-title. Anderson/Doc vs Super Murder Best Friends (Goto/Shibata) for the tag titles

Then on 3/15 the New Japan Cup starts at Korakuen: Nak/DBS, Naito/Ishii (!!!), Makabe/Fale, Archer/Devitt, Goto/Gallows, Shibata/Anderson, Yano/Suzuki, Yujio/Shelton

Freaking awesome, the Anniversary show should be great. Hope it's an iPPV this year, which it probably will be, as New Japan seem intent on having at least 2 iPPVs every month. Opening night of the cup will be on iPPV as well, surely.

Naito vs Ishii has a pretty obvious outcome; Naito's getting his win back. However, Shibata vs Anderson sounds like a lot of fun and Nak vs DBS was super underrated the last couple of times they met in singles action. Archer vs Devitt should be good, but Yano vs Suzuki again? Lol.

Speaking of K.E.S, Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. have improved so dramatically over the past couple of years, they're easily one of the best tag teams in the world and surely someone at WWE must be kicking themselves that they never saw the potential both guys so obviously have.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol X-pac talking about the Ventura/Vince case saying Vince never said 'fuck Ventura' but whenever the money would come up, Vince would mumble 'That's my fucking money'

Xater

F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE Diva Naomi was expected to win the Divas Championship heading into WrestleMania XXX. She was planned to defeat AJ Lee and be champion heading into New Orleans in April. With her eye injury, it seems like those plans may be changing. Naomi could be out a few months.

Phew, thank you Aksana

Man fuck this company. At least something good came out of Aksana fucking up.

Speaking of K.E.S, Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. have improved so dramatically over the past couple of years, they're easily one of the best tag teams in the world and surely someone at WWE must be kicking themselves that they never saw the potential both guys so obviously have.
did anyone? i mean no one watches Superstars so people probably didn't see Archer tagging with Curt Hawkins or DHS wearing a cowboy hat

their loss though, KES is fuuuuuun

UberTag

Notable defeats for Roman Reigns since being elevated to the main WWE roster...

- Getting pinned by Jey Uso via frog splash following two Daniel Bryan running knees and a Jimmy Uso superkick in the 11-on-3 gauntlet match on the September 23rd RAW
- Getting pinned by Cody Rhodes on the October 14th RAW to lose the tag titles after eating a KO punch from Big Show while the ref was watching (no DQ stip)
- Getting tossed by Big Dave at the Royal Rumble after eliminating a record-setting 12 opponents

That's it. All of those other Shield losses were by DQ or due to either Ambrose or Rollins getting pinned.

Incidentally, he was never pinned in NXT after adopting the Roman Reigns gimmick, either. You have to go back to his Leakee days in FCW to find pinfall losses to the likes of Kruger, Cesaro and Sandow.

This man will make Cena's Superman run look downright mortal by comparison once The Shield splits up.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, just came back from the doctor to get my allergy test results. Turns out I'm allergic to house dust mite. No surprise there really, but he said normal results are like 0,38 and my level was 48! Turns out I'm royally fucked and are going to have a stuffed nose for the rest of my life without any chance of doing anything about it. Damnit! (To be fair, I've lived with this my entire life so I'm used to it, but I was hoping to find some kind of solution by getting tested).

look bro this is the first televised WWE event in the Inland Empire, and i coulda been there. i coulda had something to tell all my friends and children for years to come.

Hey now, you're not supposed to like wrestling around here! Stop that!

Cody Rhodes is a time traveller/immortal - from 1904;

aiecE1f.jpg

did anyone? i mean no one watches Superstars so people probably didn't see Archer tagging with Curt Hawkins or DHS wearing a cowboy hat

I remember very little about Archer's WWE run, but I was constantly begging them to let DHS be a bad-ass who powerbombs people to oblivion. Somehow they managed to make his in-ring work appear as boring as his character, which is quite the feat.

daemissary

So, just came back from the doctor to get my allergy test results. Turns out I'm allergic to house dust mite. No surprise there really, but he said normal results are like 0,38 and my level was 48! Turns out I'm royally fucked and are going to have a stuffed nose for the rest of my life without any chance of doing anything about it. Damnit! (To be fair, I've lived with this my entire life so I'm used to it, but I was hoping to find some kind of solution by getting tested).

Hey now, you're not supposed to like wrestling around here! Stop that!

I have the same exact allergy issue. Started allergy shots a couple months ago which has helped marginally but my constantly plugged nose makes it almost impossible to get a full nights sleep. I recommend using Afrin once every couple of weeks...it's the only thing that really helps me.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have the same exact allergy issue. Started allergy shots a couple months ago which has helped marginally but my constantly plugged nose makes it almost impossible to get a full nights sleep. I recommend using Afrin once every couple of weeks...it's the only thing that really helps me.

Yeah, that kind of stuff is not going anywhere near my nose anymore, same goes for stuff with Xylometazoline in it. I used to use it, but you get too easily addicted to that kind of stuff, especially since it's literally the only thing that clears your nose. It came to the point where I was using upwards to four of those 10ml bottles a week. I quit point blank at some point.

I have prescriptions for pills and a nasal spray based on Azelastine. That works somewhat to the point where I can breathe enough through my nose to sleep through the night without waking up.

I remember very little about Archer's WWE run, but I was constantly begging them to let DHS be a bad-ass who powerbombs people to oblivion. Somehow they managed to make his in-ring work appear as boring as his character, which is quite the feat.
I don't either, except he tagged with Curt Hawkins (somehow being his most forgettable partner, beating out Zack Ryder and Tyler Reks). It's probably i step up from "Guitar Hero Enthusiast" in TNA. i'm pretty sure that's what he was. WWE doesn't like capitalizing on potential badasses for some reason

Jamie OD

Meltzer over at the F4W Board on why Antonio Cesaro is losing his first name.

"Somebody thought Antonio sounded like the name of a guy who wasn't tough. Seriously. And he's in the main event in two weeks and somebody woke up and thought he had a pussy name so we have to change that."

Also read on Twitter that Big E is going to drop Langston from his name but I can't tell if the people saying it are joking or not.

Hasney

Christian should also have gone over Orton cleanly to make him look weak before overcoming the odds in the chamber. This is an outrage!

UberTag

Meltzer over at the F4W Board on why Antonio Cesaro is losing his first name.

"Somebody thought Antonio sounded like the name of a guy who wasn't tough. Seriously. And he's in the main event in two weeks and somebody woke up and thought he had a pussy name so we have to change that."

Also read on Twitter that Big E is going to drop Langston from his name but I can't tell if the people saying it are joking or not.
As usual, that somebody is Vince McMahon.
Because he's an expert on what names are considered to be pussy names. And which ones aren't.

Somebody call up Antonio Banderas and tell him Vincent Kennedy McMahon thinks he has a pussy name. Let's book it right now... Banderas vs. McMahon at WrestleMania 30.

It's going to be fun seeing just how senile Vince can go while remaining in unquestioned power.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think it's great they're bringing back single word names instead of regular names. Batista sounds so much better than Dave Batista. It's weird they started giving people full names instead of cool nicknames.

However, in Cesaro's case I would have changed his name to 80's style, Cunning Tony C or something like that.

Hasney

I think it's great they're bringing back single word names instead of regular names. Batista sounds so much better than Dave Batista. It's weird they started giving people full names instead of cool nicknames.

However, in Cesaro's case I would have changed his name to 80's style, Cunning Tony C or something like that.

Tony "Cuntdestroyer" Ceasaro

Make sure the middle name is on the title belt plate when he gets it.

daemissary

Yeah, that kind of stuff is not going anywhere near my nose anymore, same goes for stuff with Xylometazoline in it. I used to use it, but you get too easily addicted to that kind of stuff, especially since it's literally the only thing that clears your nose. It came to the point where I was using upwards to four of those 10ml bottles a week. I quit point blank at some point.

I have prescriptions for pills and a nasal spray based on Azelastine. That works somewhat to the point where I can breathe enough through my nose to sleep through the night without waking up.

Yeah, I've heard horror stories about people getting addicted which is why I limit myself to once every couple of weeks tops. I have a prescription for Azelastine too but I still have issues with sleeping through the night and even when I do make it through the night, I feel exhausted in the morning because I'm not sleeping deeply.

It isn't great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everything about Scott Hall that I've heard in these interviews makes it sound like the dude should have been like multi-time world champion. X-pac considers him the best worker of the Kliq. That he was the guy who got Shawn as good as Shawn was. That he was the guy who gave Jeff Hardy a rub. He came up with a bunch of the NWO ideas. He came up with the Razor and Cro gimmicks being used in wrestling. In WCW he was so fucking over and he only had to say two words. Well, not really words.

Apparently Nick Jackson is going to face Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title at some point.

Ibushi & El Desperado said they wanted to challenge for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles, but as Matt Jackson's broke his hand that will have to be put on hold and it seems as if Nick will get a singles title shot in the time being.

Bucks in singles matches is always weird, but it's Ibushi, so it should be good. Bummed that Matt's likely going to be out of action for a month or two, as I was meant to be seeing The Young Bucks vs Project Ego at Revolution Pro next month.

Striker

Regular names are fine, but the style of nicknames has really gone weird. Bret "Hitman" Hart, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels, "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, etc. I mean now you have John Cena, but who is he? Who is Daniel Bryan? Who is Kofi Kingston? We see guys like Ziggler having Showoff, but that's a pretty crummy name.

But same time, Batista was mostly known as "The Animal" which gave him that unique personality. Cesaro should get something great, but I doubt he does.

Regular names are fine, but the style of nicknames has really gone weird. Bret "Hitman" Hart, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels, "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, etc. I mean now you have John Cena, but who is he? Who is Daniel Bryan? Who is Kofi Kingston? We see guys like Ziggler having Showoff, but that's a pretty crummy name.

But same time, Batista was mostly known as "The Animal" which gave him that unique personality. Cesaro should get something great, but I doubt he does.
how quickly we forget about THE WILDCAT
Eva Marie def. Alicia Fox

WHAT? NO
hey, someone's gotta replace Naomi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom