• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty interesting how Capcom is viewed as a HEEL these days as well.

Despite the negativity, I have enjoyed their output this past gen. Mega Man hasn't even been good since Playstaion1 really. It is what it is.

Something only a true shovel man would say.

MM 9, 10, the entire Zero series are all top tier. ZX and ZXA were good too.

Capcom also did really well on the DS and 3DS in general and were beloved as Japanese pioneers on the 360 until around the time RE 5 came around and people started heeling on them hardcore.

MML 3, a game most people would not give a shit about is when the true heeling began. That and a ton of DLC shit related to their fighting games.

On one hand, TNA sucks and there is literally nothing good about it, so there's something to agree on with the people who watch it.

That said, if you willingly watch TNA, you kinda deserve what you get by now.

jmdajr

Something only a true shovel man would say.

MM 9, 10, the entire Zero series are all top tier. ZX and ZXA were good too.

Capcom also did really well on the DS and 3DS in general and were beloved as Japanese pioneers on the 360 until around the time RE 5 came around and people started heeling on them hardcore.

MML 3, a game most people would not give a shit about is when the true heeling began. That and a ton of DLC shit related to their fighting games.

Man those Fucking Zero games. Just can't play them on those damn hand helds. Too cramped. At least I could do the GBA deal on the Gamecube more or less, but that controller blows too.

MM9,10 were solid, but my patience for such difficulty these days has greatly diminished. I need straight up squash matches for my games these days. Maybe a little bit off offense is ok, but then we really need to get things going right into the pedigree.

RE5 I enjoyed greatly, even after pooping on it's demo initially.

somedevil

I only recently started watching wrestling after last Mania (after over a 15 year hiatus). I haven't actually seen any Elimination Chamber matches before. What are some good ones to start with?? I actually don't even know how the matches operate/work, I know absolutely nothing about them.

Have Bryan, Ziggler, or Cesaro been in any good ones?

Survivor Series 2002 which has the first one is good. Elimination chamber in 2012 with Bryan is good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man those Fucking Zero games. Just can't play them on those damn hand helds. Too cramped. At least I could do the GBA deal on the Gamecube more or less, but that controller blows too.

MM9,10 were solid, but my patience for such difficulty these days has greatly diminished. I need straight up squash matches for my games these days. Maybe a little bit off offense is ok, but then we really need to get things going right into the pedigree.

RE5 I enjoyed greatly, even after pooping on it's demo initially.

So you suck at good games and enjoy RE 5. Also Heeling on the greatest controller of all time, the GCN pad.

MM10 has an easy HHH burial mode where you do double damage and most pits are filled in/made smaller.

Xater

I miss Maria

tumblr_mt0yyzzzmd1rgahtro1_250.gif
tumblr_mt0yuuUbyc1rgahtro1_400.gif

Clearly she was also misused in WWE. Everything I've seen of her on ROH is just do much better. Which show is that from btw?

jmdajr

So you suck at good games and enjoy RE 5.

MM10 has an easy HHH burial mode where you do double damage and most pits are filled in/made smaller.

LOL. I wouldn't say I straight up suck as much as I don't have the patience. At the same time I never play on easy mode. I figure I'm either meant to play the game or not.

edit: Only time I did easy was in DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden. It was just a little too hardcore for me.

edit edit: Online games sure. I definitely suck at that. Guerrilla pressed and slammed constantly.

Ravager61

Sup wrassle gaf? So, I'm actually watching wrestling regularly for the first time in years. Feels good to be back. Looks like I picked a particularly interesting time to come back too with all this WWE controversy going on.

I caught an episode of Ring of Honor late night a week or so ago and liked what I watched having never seen it before. Is the show worth watching week to week or do you guys just watch PPVs/DVDs? From what I've read here, TNA is shit so I haven't bothered with that.

jmdajr

Sup wrassle gaf? So, I'm actually watching wrestling regularly for the first time in years. Feels good to be back. Looks like I picked a particularly interesting time to come back too with all this WWE controversy going on.

I caught an episode of Ring of Honor late night a week or so ago and liked what I watched having never seen it before. Is the show worth watching week to week or do you guys just watch PPVs/DVDs? From what I've read here, TNA is shit so I haven't bothered with that.

Welcome. It's a great time to be back in my opinion. So much drama!

So you suck at good games and enjoy RE 5. Also Heeling on the greatest controller of all time, the GCN pad.

GameCube controller sucks donkey dick. FOUR less buttons than the dual shock is a fucking travesty. Not to mention the cramped design, and shitty Z button.

Anyways, Capcom was probably the best overall publisher during the PS3 gen for me personally. Their good outweighs the bad. The problem is that the bad stuff was just really out there, and very much WTF territory. DLC shenanigans and questionable games.

UberTag

You can thank the Bellas for her not being back. Or Maryse. That's right, we lost Maryse and Maria but we got THE BELLAS still.
Didn't Meltzer go on record that politics with the Bellas did play a part in keeping Maria from returning to the WWE - but the Bellas blocking Maryse and Kelly Kelly from returning wasn't legit despite Maria's assurances to the contrary?

Also, Capcom sucks ass. Except for the Phoenix Wright franchise. It's amazeballs.

strobogo

Banned
Two cheesy gordita crunches and a Meximelt and my bowels are just fine. Suck it, weak ass bitches. If Taco Bell kills them, I can't imagine what legit Mexican food would do.

somedevil

Next Weeks Impact Spoilers:

* Impact opens up with Austin Aries coming out to a big pop. He cuts a promo but Zema Ion interrupts and will be cashing his briefcase for a X Division Title shot. Aries gets the win with a nasty brainbuster.

* Curry Man vs. Bully Ray is up next. Bully brings his coffin to ringside with him. Bully got the easy win after a piledriver. Bully rolls Curry into the coffin after the match.

* Abyss vs. Eric Young in a Monster's Ball match is next. They used everything including chairs, tables, thumbtacks and the return of Janice. Abyss got the win but Young unmasked him to reveal Joseph Park. This was described as a must see match.

* MVP comes out to the ring for a promo and is using that name. He said he's been enjoying life and keeps hearing about fans being tired of egotistical owners. MVP says he loves wrestling and can't stand to watch it be ran down. He's investing money to make a change in TNA. He praises TNA's fans and talent and rips on management. Rockstar Spud interrupts and they have words. Spud invites MVP to meet Dixie on her throne. MVP makes Kurt Angle vs. Magnus in a non-title match.

* Kurt Angle vs. Magnus is up next. Our correspondent says Angle looks to be in the roughest shape he's ever been in. Ethan Carter III ends up interfering when Angle has Magnus in the ankle lock. Ethan beats Angle down with chair shots. The referee throws up the "X" sign and ends the match, calling for help for Angle.

* Samoa Joe beat Bobby Roode to once again become the #1 contender.

* Dixie Carter comes out with Spud. She introduces MVP and welcomes him to TNA. She says they have a lot to talk about. Dixie praises Magnus and says she will lead NA to success. Dixie says she has dealt with good investors and bad investors, an apparent shot at Jeff Jarrett. MVP isn't buying Dixie's talk and says her reign of terror is over. MVP says her party is over and he plans on being very hands-on. MVP and Dixie had a staredown to end the show. In what may have been a post-show moment, MVP laid out Spud.

Well TNA lost another person with
Kurt Angle
getting written off because he needs knee surgery. Man they just don't have anybody left plus the American Wolves haven't wrestled a match yet and its been a month in TNA time since they debuted.

edit: Also this

- KENTA will make an announcement on Monday at Pro Wrestling Noah's show from Korakuen Hall regarding his future in pro wrestling. As noted, he's been at the WWE Performance Center for a tryout this week.

So he is going to announce he signed with the WWE?

Hex

Banned
Lol TNA's big reveal investor...it's....my god the best they could do....seriously?
This shit makes WcW Thunder look PPV caliber.

Ithil

Next Weeks Impact Spoilers:

Well TNA lost another person with
Kurt Angle
getting written off because he needs knee surgery. Man they just don't have anybody left plus the American Wolves haven't wrestled a match yet and its been a month in TNA time since they debuted.

edit: Also this

So he is going to announce he signed with the WWE?

"I'm outta here!"

strobogo

Banned
Kurt has looked in really bad shape since October at least. I watched the cage match with Roooooo and he looked like he was in agony the whole time. And then does a moonsault from the cage, knowing he's in terrible shape. If there is anyone in wrestling that has a legitimate death wish, it's Kurt.

Rapstah

Kurt in interviews and Kurt in the ring seem like two different people. One is talking about all the great matches he could have when he returns to WWE sometime in the future (you're as old as Batista!) and the other is a broken down guy who probably shouldn't be wrestling right now, if at all.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lets have Kurt Angle, broken as fuck already, do a move of the top of a cage. And lets have the other guy roll out of the way so he does it all for nothing anyways.

That's a great way to write off your only remaining big name lol.

Ravager61

He hasn't defended the US title since October.

Which sucks because I love watching Ambrose wrestle solo for some reason. He's also my favorite Shield member on the mic. Reigns obviously has the better look but I wish Abrose would get pushed more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom