• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouserat

Neo Member
Just like Devitt's in the sun.

Bnf7dUf.jpg

somedevil

They're going to throw money at Punk to come back. And he's gonna say no.
Bryan, they can deal with, since they can just give him more screentime and more of a push.
But Punk is gone home, there's nothing they can do other than beg him to come back.

Best they can do is get him to finish out his contract. If they offer him less house shows and a 3 way Main Event at WrestleMania he might return back to finish up in July then he can take off all the time he needs after that.

Aiii

So not worth it
Best they can do is get him to finish out his contract. If they offer him less house shows and a 3 way Main Event at WrestleMania he might return back to finish up in July then he can take off all the time he needs after that.

I'm wondering if they can't sue the guy for all the missed income from his sudden departure. He has a contract after all. I guess Punk is confident (and he should be) that they don't want to burn any bridges with him for future part-time appearances.

Mark fantasy booking, please ignore: If they manage to cut a deal with Punk he should come back at Elimination Chamber and take Bryan's spot in the match after having cut a deal with the authority. Have Punk take the title in the chamber and then put him in suits as Company Man Punk through the build to Wrestlemania, somehow let Bryan into a three-way with Punk and Batista.

This would reset Punk back to his proper villain settings and give Bryan a good Mania opponent, while saving Batista's match from being hot garbage

Showaddy

Well right now there is chaos going on at the NXT tapings:

Its sucks about Punk but shouldn't they be doing this on Raw and not NXT ?

This is just going to make things 10 times worse if true, a lot of people are saying they're full on confiscating Punk signs.

It's really fucking stupid as well, you can't just move onto the next state and hope for a better crowd with NXT, they'll be stuck with the same pissed off crowd for weeks.

To be a fly on the wall at Stamford right now.

Omaha better bring in Monday

I bet there's plenty of screaming, crying, and gnashing of teeth.

Plenty of spitballing, rehashing, and revisted for the 1000 time angles.

All hell is breaking loose at the Titan Towers.

This is almost too damn good. The drama is nice and thick. WWE doesn't know what the hell to do with it's self. It's mania season, they should have had this run up fleshed out for 6 months so everything goes without a hitch. But of course not, they are being caught flat footed when it easily one of the biggest times in the companies history (network roll out, tv deals, and Mania season).

This could be great or it could be shit, it is damn fun to keep tabs on though!

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE creative is supposed to be pulling two full days today and tomorrow to completely re-arrange booking. Not sure if they're thinking of stuff to get Punk back or trying to work around Punk leaving and seeing how best to push Bryan without pissing everyone off again.

This is just going to make things 10 times worse if true, a lot of people are saying they're full on confiscating Punk signs.

It's really fucking stupid as well, you can't just move onto the next state and hope for a better crowd with NXT, they'll be stuck with the same pissed off crowd for weeks.

Even worse, in this case there's nothing WWE can do. While you can fault them for burning out Punk, they can't exactly do anything to help the situation. Punk walked out on them, not the other way around. With Bryan you can change your booking to accommodate the demands of the crowd. But with Punk there's nothing you can do but sit it out.

Sblargh

Banned

I'm sold.
I love this man more than I love chanting the yes alone in my room.
And I love chanting yes alone in my room.

Here's your gameplan WWE:

John Cena betrays Daniel Bryan and joins forces with Randy Orton; the classic reason of "I did everything for you fans. I gave years of my life and now you boo my matches?". Now Cena/Orton is full heel team.

Since nobody likes the Authority, anyone can defeat them. It could even be a general revolt with faces and heels joining forces to dismantle "the machine".

Daniel Bryan, the new top face, proudly announces that with the Authority gone. We can come back to the good old days of fun wrestling... but.

On the chaos, the Wyatt family siezes the company. No good old days. Just chaos. Plain chaos. The belts are burned. There is no champion, there is no power ranking. There is only the struggle. The raw struggle. You are no longer fighting for a purpose. You are fighting for the love of fighting.

Daniel Bryan stands as a force of good in these cynical times. He is a neo-Hulk Hogan urging children to eat their vegetables and be nice to animals. He stands as the spot of positivity in an increasingly unstable enviroment.

John Cena not so much turns heel, as he falls into a slow madness, become more deranged at every Raw. He does not so much grows a bear and hair as he stop giving a shit, he just doesn't take care of appearence anymore. And on a crazy rage, he ends the Wrestlemania streak of the undertaker. He becomes the new Undertaker.

Goddamn, I'm too good at this. Hire me, Vince!

Sokantish

WWE creative is supposed to be pulling two full days today and tomorrow to completely re-arrange booking. Not sure if they're thinking of stuff to get Punk back or trying to work around Punk leaving and seeing how best to push Bryan without pissing everyone off again.

Seems to me that maybe they should do more really long meetings. Kind of scary that its big news that they have to spend two whole days planning stuff out. What do they do usually? Try to figure it out during commercial breaks?

Aiii

So not worth it
Seems to me that maybe they should do more really long meetings. Kind of scary that its big news that they have to spend two whole days planning stuff out. What do they do usually? Try to figure it out during commercial breaks?

It's not so much that they're spending two days doing this, but that they're spending these two days re-arranging the stuff they had planned for WrestleMania. They had Mania completely mapped out before the Rumble, but with the hijacking at the show and Punk leaving, they're no redoing their plans.

Put up a dry erase board, write a couple of things on it in permanent, then cover it in doodles of dicks.

Showaddy

Even worse, in this case there's nothing WWE can do. While you can fault them for burning out Punk, they can't exactly do anything to help the situation. Punk walked out on them, not the other way around. With Bryan you can change your booking to accommodate the demands of the crowd. But with Punk there's nothing you can do but sit it out.

What would actually help would be if they just let the crowd do what they want and actually make an effort to push some crowd favourites. Batista's absolutely fucked due to the fact he'll be seen as the reason for Punk leaving so just keep him and guys like Cena and Orton quiet for a week or 2. If they try to stamp out Punks support it'll just get worse.

If they focus on guys that the crowd actually want to see like Bryan, Cesaro, Shield, Wyatts & Ziggler even for just a few weeks this whole process will be a lot smoother.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lets hope they do that.

If the EC chamber match is any indication, they seem to be trying to right that ship.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, tomorrow I'm going to an Asian party in Rotterdam celebrating their new years.

It's basically gonna be a shitload of asians and me and my friends (one of them is a professional photographer who's working there and got us an invite). It's gonna be a very weird experience (with loads of free shots, apparently).

I'm quite hyped, what are the chances I find someone there who I can talk New Japan to?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My avatar used to be Ryu. We had HHH month but didnt want to do away with capcom theme. So...it is what it is.

"Doofus Son In Law" would be an awesome username too, but heaven forbid you make a topic without it coming to bite you in the ass.

I post questions about what to do at my workplace and "hit him with a chair" comes pretty quickly.

So, tomorrow I'm going to an Asian party in Rotterdam celebrating their new years.

It's basically gonna be a shitload of asians and me and my friends (one of them is a professional photographer who's working there and got us an invite). It's gonna be a very weird experience (with loads of free shots, apparently).

I'm quite hyped, what are the chances I find someone there who I can talk New Japan to?

ll65jHb.gif

... You son of a bitch

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, it's not my words:

See! It's the year of Lilian Garcia! #BigGuy

That's Chinese New Year, not "find some azn people to talk about something that happens in a country they might not be from"

EDIT: Oh y'all think these horse jokes are funny. Hands off waifu.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's Chinese New Year, not "find some azn people to talk about something that happens in a country they might not be from"

Actually, real talk: the party is legit "asian" as in there will be tons of Koreans, Vietnamese and others around. Though those two and of course Chinese are the main Asian immigrants we have around here.

We have a lot of students of those three countries in here because of exchange programs and what not. Being in IT (yes, even more racist sounding I know), I've had a bunch of Vietnamese and Chinese colleagues over the past 9 years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, real talk: the party is legit "asian" as in there will be tons of Koreans, Vietnamese and others around. Though those two and of course Chinese are the main Asian immigrants we have around here.

We have a lot of students of those three countries in here because of exchange programs and what not. Being in IT (yes, even more racist sounding I know), I've had a bunch of Vietnamese and Chinese colleagues over the past 9 years.

My god Aiii. At least watch some cock fighting or Bloodsport before you go.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

I bet you think you will meet Funaki and Tajiri huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom