• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IxNs62s.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dam if brock goes too lol
Pwmania

- UFC President Dana White told TMZ that Brock Lesnar wants to fight again and wants to do it while he;s under contract to WWE. White mentioned Lesnar may be interested in fighting again when his schedule clears up some.

- Lesnar is currently not scheduled for any WWE events until the February 24th RAW in Green Bay, the night the WWE Network launches. Lesnar is then scheduled to appear at most RAW shows until WrestleMania XXX, except for the March 10th episode in Memphis and the March 17th episode in San Antonio.

Jamie OD

Lets have Kurt Angle, broken as fuck already, do a move of the top of a cage. And lets have the other guy roll out of the way so he does it all for nothing anyways.

That's a great way to write off your only remaining big name lol.

He looked so beaten up tonight.

Ithil

--Prince Devitt was at the TNA show last night in Glasgow. He's scheduled for New Japan's tour including all three iPPV shows over the next two weeks. His New Japan actual contract expires tomorrow. It's extremely doubtful he'll go to TNA, but did listen to a pitch. It would kind of be nuts for him to go there. He'll either ink a new deal with New Japan or sign with WWE.

--KENTA will make an announcement on Monday at Pro Wrestling NOAH's show at Korakuen Hall regarding his future in pro wrestling.

NXT getting more stacked with talent soon?

Ithil

If WWE get Devitt it means they're paying him a lot of money and that means he'll spend about as much time in development as Bryan did.

I am both ok with that and not ok with that. Ok in that he's already ready, but not ok because I want to see him on NXT tearing it up.

Ithil

So does this mean Devitt has to decide by tomorrow where to sign or will he work those shows then make his decision?

I think as he is booked for the NJPW shows, he will just be on them without a contract. But anything past those, he will need to resign. So he has the next couple of weeks to decide. If he decides on WWE, these will be the last shows he works for NJPW and he'll be written off I guess.
The WWE offer has been on the table for a couple of months, apparently, but since his NJPW contract only expires at the end of January he wasn't in a position to accept it til now.

It's a pretty lifechanging decision, so it's no wonder he's taking a while to consider it.

Showaddy

I am both ok with that and not ok with that. Ok in that he's already ready, but not ok because I want to see him on NXT tearing it up.

Yeah as much as I want to see him against Zayn & Neville short term if WWE buy his whole RnR gimmick outright there's really no place for him in NXT, if they don't I'd like to see him spending a little time in NXT developing a new gimmick.

Linkified

I don't know who MVP is.

You know Titus O'Neil if he was supposed to be some big time Basketball player gimmick. They did that stupid angle where MVP lost like 7 weeks straight, his ring entrance got really shitty because he couldn't pay for it. He was involved with a pizza eating contest with Matt Hardy.

gurudyne

Meltzer reporting that the offer for Devitt is straight to main roster, no need to kill 18 months in NXT then be released

If anyone needed NXT, I'd say it'd be him. Not because he necessarily needs development time, but because WWE needs it to figure out how to package him. I mean, have they ever successfully pushed a Japanese wrestler?

Aiii

So not worth it
Meltzer reporting that the offer for Devitt is straight to main roster, no need to kill 18 months in NXT then be released

Thank God, if there's one person that doesn't need to be in NXT it's Devitt with his experience in New Japan.

If anyone needed NXT, I'd say it'd be him. Not because he necessarily needs development time, but because WWE needs it to figure out how to package him. I mean, have they ever successfully pushed a Japanese wrestler?

He's Irish. He's just been wrestling in Japan for a while.

strobogo

Banned

He's Irish. He's a white dude. Not Japanese. And he's a cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttttttttt.

mouserat

Neo Member
Thank God, if there's one person that doesn't need to be in NXT it's Devitt.

If anyone needed NXT, I'd say it'd be him.

lolzzzzz

I do agree with gurudyne in principle though, straight to main roster means little gimmick development etc and unless he goes into a programme with someone like Daniel Bryan or Antonio Cesaro he will need to tone down his style. I can't imagine Randy Orton being too pleased about taking the top rope double foot stomp for example.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's Irish. He's a white dude. Not Japanese. And he's a cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttttttttt.

Not like those stand up gentlemen knows as The Young Bucks. They should be signed and Darren Young can join them.

mouserat

Neo Member
actually the gimmick I'd assume for Devitt in WWE is really similar to Dean Ambrose, I'll be really interested to see how they handle him if he does decide to come and take a payday in America

Aiii

So not worth it
lolzzzzz

I do agree with gurudyne in principle though, straight to main roster means little gimmick development etc and unless he goes into a programme with someone like Daniel Bryan or Antonio Cesaro he will need to tone down his style. I can't imagine Randy Orton being too pleased about taking the top rope double foot stomp for example.

Randy Orton is fine with taking big moves, someone like Cena or Batista would be more adverse to it.

But I don't agree with Gurudyne, Devitt is not Japanese, there is no cultural issue or any language issue the actual Japanese deal with, he can cut promo's and be fine, his character is perfect for WWE TV too.

Hell, debut him against workers like Cesaro and Swagger and you're golden, with his workrate he'll be over in no-time if they really want to. I also liked the idea in here earlier of pairing him against Jericho with their gimmicks, that would be great.

somedevil

Well right now there is chaos going on at the NXT tapings:

Seems to be rather chaotic at Full Sail tonight with CM Punk chants/signs being discouraged and not stopping.

Its sucks about Punk but shouldn't they be doing this on Raw and not NXT ?

DMczaf

Well right now there is chaos going on at the NXT tapings:

Its sucks about Punk but shouldn't they be doing this on Raw and not NXT ?

These fucking fans need to be put down early and often! What do they think, that this company is paid for by them? FUCK THEM! STFU and let Vince give them what they want!

mouserat

Neo Member
Randy Orton is fine with taking big moves, someone like Cena or Batista would be more adverse to it.

But I don't agree with Gurudyne, Devitt is not Japanese, there is no cultural issue or any language issue the actual Japanese deal with, he can cut promo's and be fine, his character is perfect for WWE TV too.

Hell, debut him against workers like Cesaro and Swagger and you're golden, with his workrate he'll be over in no-time if they really want to. I also liked the idea in here earlier of pairing him against Jericho with their gimmicks, that would be great.
yeah I think you can debut him against some guys used to working the style, but ultimately he will need to work with the main roster and tone down the stiffness. I don't want him to work NXT because that's a recipe for the Chris Hero treatment, but I think he could benefit from some pre-TV training to rework his style.

Ithil

They're going to throw money at Punk to come back. And he's gonna say no.
Bryan, they can deal with, since they can just give him more screentime and more of a push.
But Punk is gone home, there's nothing they can do other than beg him to come back.

G-Fex

He's a very important man.

What's the V stand for?
You know Titus O'Neil if he was supposed to be some big time Basketball player gimmick. They did that stupid angle where MVP lost like 7 weeks straight, his ring entrance got really shitty because he couldn't pay for it. He was involved with a pizza eating contest with Matt Hardy.

I think that's about where I stopped watching completely. Sounds like I didn't miss much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom