• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Once you finish with that, check out Ibushi vs RAINMAKAAAAAAA OKADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nWteuBAi48

Really fun match, takes Okada out of his element a little and is a toooooon of fun.

thank you I was about to ask if there was more, that match was awesome. Pheonix splash looked so good

edit: oh its another Kota match? cool :D

strobogo

Banned
TNA Impact Spoiler

According to Pwinsider.com, MVP is backstage and will debut on tonight's episode of Impact Wrestling.

If he's the investor, that makes TNA look SO low rent. Even by TNA standards. Career WWE mid carder who hasn't even wrestled in the US in years can buy the company just fine.

XenoRaven

I have internal debates about which is more impressive, Neville's Red Arrow or Ibushi's Phoenix Splash.

I think it's the Red Arrow but I'm not sure.

Ithil

If you just want more NJPW I'll give you the king himself, Shinsuke Nakamura!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwAL_gJ_rl8

Opening cards.p

Seriously - it's great. It really is.

shinskayp2swm.jpg

Jamie OD

Impact is airing on Challenge now. Never a good sign when I can hear random people in the front row clearer than the guys on the microphone.

Striker

If he's the investor, that makes TNA look SO low rent. Even by TNA standards. Career WWE mid carder who hasn't even wrestled in the US in years can buy the company just fine.
Depends they handle it. Just because he's a guy the WWE didn't use right shouldn't mean squat. He's one of many who was not used right.

Chris Jericho was a low-mid card guy in WCW but is pronounced as a savior/millennium man for the WWF in 1999. Sure, it's the gimmick but who cares.

strobogo

Banned
Depends they handle it. Just because he's a guy the WWE didn't use right shouldn't mean squat. He's one of many who was not used right.

Chris Jericho was a low-mid card guy in WCW but is pronounced as a savior/millennium man for the WWF in 1999. Sure, it's the gimmick but who cares.

Jericho didn't come in buying the company, though. That'd be ridiculous. Maybe he'll just be associated with the investor like the Wolves or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe I watched that the first time. The whole thing. And LOVED IT. I might watch it again. Were the other ones ever subbed?

If they are they'll b e on the same channel - Yottsume's a great dude. You should watch some of his other subbed wrasslin outside-of-the-ring vids he's subbed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like all the growls in these japanese matches, wrestling needs more growls! Bray is great at it for example

UberTag

They need a "Vince's Backstage Reaction" show
Just stick a camera on Vince at gorilla and make that your 2nd screen during RAW episodes. THAT would be worth watching every week. Far more than the garbage going on in the ring.

I like all the growls in these japanese matches, wrestling needs more growls! Bray is great at it for example
Unfortunately we only get "growls" in the diva matches. And there it's just intolerable shrieking that makes you want to claw your ears out until they bleed.
What's worse is that it's the faces that are doing it!

(Well, that, and Brock's baby dinosaur scream.)

Just stick a camera on Vince at gorilla and make that your 2nd screen during RAW episodes. THAT would be worth watching every week. Far more than the garbage going on in the ring.

Include a heart rate monitor and then I'm pretty sure we're cooking with dynamite.

Rhaknar

this cradle neckbreaker (I dont know what else to call it) from Rainmaker looked awesome

somedevil

* TNA World Heavyweight Champion Magnus kicks off the show and gets booed. Fans chant "paper champ" as he makes his way to the ring. Rockstar Spud also has big heat. There's so much heat for the two that it's hard to make out what they're saying. Magnus is interrupted by Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle, who come out to a huge reaction. Angle and Joe got the "paper champ" chants going again. Angle and Joe vs. Magnus and Ethan Carter III is announced. If Joe and Angle lose, they have to leave TNA. Our correspondent questions how Angle will be able to wrestle when he could barely walk out to the stage.

* Dixie Carter interrupts and says the tag match won't be taking place. She disagrees with Magnus about having the match tonight but apparently it's happening any way.

* Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky defeated Gail Kim and Lei'D Tapa in a quick match. Velvet got the pin on Gail. After the match, Chris Sabin confronts Velvet and wants her to apologize. She breaks up with him and the crowd cheers big time.

* James Storm comes out and he's pissed off. He calls Gunner to the ring. Gunner comes out and they trade promos. They're going to put aside differences tonight to face Kazarian and Daniels.

* James Storm and Gunner defeated Kazarian and Daniels.

* There have been technical problems with the big screen working. During backstage segments, all the fans get is audio, no video. Someone was just attacked backstage but there was no video. It was noted that after one hour in, there has been less than 10 minutes of in-ring wrestling. There have been a lot of hype promos from Christy Hemme and Borash.

* Rockstar Spud comes out and rips Scotland. He calls out The Wolves and here they come to a decent reaction. Spud wants to know who the investor is. He does some comedy, mocks the Wolves and slaps Davey Richards. The Wolves destroy Spud to a big pop. They announce that the investor will fire anyone who interferes in tonight's main event.

* Abyss and Eric Young vs. BroMans for the TNA Tag Team Titles is up next. The match ends in a no contest when Abyss goes nuts, chokeslams the referee and lays out Young. Abyss vs. Young in a Monster's Ball match is announced for tonight. Everyone was shocked at the Abyss turn.

* We get another segment with Sam Shaw obsessing over Christy Hemme.

* Bully Ray comes out with a coffin and blames Mr. Anderson for the end of Aces & 8s and for losing his World Heavyweight Title. Bully challenges Anderson to a coffin match later on and Anderson beats him down with a steel chair until Bully runs away.

* Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe vs. Magnus and Ethan Carter III is up next. Magnus cuts a promo and gets booed extremely loud again. If Angle and Joe win, they get a title shot. If they lose, they have to leave TNA. There appears to be tension between Magnus and Ethan before the match. One backstage segment had Magnus talking down to Ethan until Dixie walked into the room. Most of the first part of the match had Angle getting beat down by Magnus and Ethan. Joe finally comes in and chokes out Magnus for the win. Joe is the new #1 contender.

* Dixie is irate and demands to see the investor. MVP comes out in a suit with Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards. They get a huge pop. He is revealed as the mystery investor. It was mentioned that MVP is "the man to change Impact Wrestling."

Basically the usual TNA right now. A lot of talking and a little wrestling. Meltzer is right again and the whole investor storyline still doesn't make sense. This also means JTG could of been the investor.

Rhaknar

Tombstone Piledriver into a lariat was awesome. Man, this is so good, link me more guys:p

UberTag

Basically the usual TNA right now. A lot of talking and a little wrestling. Meltzer is right again and the whole investor storyline still doesn't make sense. This also means JTG could of been the investor.
I bet JTG could go to TNA as their mystery investor while STILL being employed by the WWE to work his handful of dates a year and they'd never make the connection.

strobogo

Banned

Sounds terrible. Like their PPV spread over two shows that had around an hour of talking in 3 hours total of non commercial time. But with less Sting and more Davey Richards.

So, watching TNA for the first time in ages, ages, ages....

Dixie looks weird. What a bad facelift.

I dont even know what I am looking at.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

CHIKARA A Death Worse Than Fate 2/25/12

TO THE BACK. Green Ant cuts a short promo on Ophidian.

Ophidian vs Greet Ant

Immediate arm work from Green Ant. He uses his size advantage to lock on a full nelson. Lucha roll ups. Ophidian bails to the floor. Ophidian tries some chops. They don't do much considering he weighs about 80 pounds. Kicks work better momentarily at least. Tongan Death Grip! Might have just been a choke. Strike battle! Why? Nerve hold from Ophidian. Weird headbutts and a guillotine. Green Ant turns it into a sit out gourdbuster. Throat based offense. This serpantine mother fucker has removed the turnbuckle pad. A series of reversals ends in a Green Ant lariatoo. Ophidian tries headbutts that don't work as Ants have heads as hard as blacks and Samoans in wrestling. Green Ant immediately taps to a chin lock Cattle Mutilation. Green Ant is dead!

Saturyne vs El Hijo Del Ice Cream Intergender Match

Ice Cream gets the early advantage, but seems to get too tired to do much with it. A head scissors sends Ice Cream to the floor. Sat follows up with a top rope plancha. Back in the ring, Ice Cream catches a cross body and turns it into a Samoan drop. He continues the match by being a general dick head. Kick to the cone! Hair tosses. Is Ice Cream secretly a Diva? Sat nearly wins with a crucifix. Series of running knees. They have some miscommunications, but Sat ends up winning with the West Coast Pop.

ibxiRf6NqCysbA.gif

iTOhjNKOrFK4X.gif

The Colony vs The Throwbacks

Soldier and Mr. Touchdown start the match. Lots of posing from Touchdown and suddenly, Fire Ant is in the ring, also doing poses. Fire Ant does an AR Fox arm drag that is countered into another arm drag from Dasher. Dasher and Soldier trade very awkward lucha spots. Touchdown got down for a 3 point stance and got kicked in the face. He comes back with a tiltawhirl backbreaker and gut buster. Soldier is prevented from making a tag, which doesn't seem to matter since these are lucha tag rules, which means a partner can come in when the other goes to the floor at any time. So much rolling. Hot tag to Fire Ant. Muli rotation head scissors. Tope into the crowd. Saluting head scissors from Soldier. Double dropkicks. Touchdown comes flying back with double shoulder blocks. Inverted X-Plex from the Throwbacks. Wheel barrow into a Stunner. Exploder from Touchdown. 2 count. A guy in a Green Ant mask shoved Dasher off the top rope, causing a DQ.

ipVDXtfPg0RlM.gif

ibog3bhNFJTAn8.gif

TO THE BACK. Jigsaw says he's going to take the big rig out.

Jigsaw vs Brodie Lee

Brodie Lee is, of course, current WWE star Luke Harper AKA the guy in the Wyatt Family tag team that doesn't suck. Brodie immediately slaps Jigsaw and throws an uppercut. They head to the floor and Brodie chops the fuck out of Jig. They head into the ring briefly just for Brodie to be sent to the floor and catch Jig with a chokeslam on the apron. He follows with a back suplex on the apron. Brodie comes back in the ring with a tope like he's Eddie Guerrero or some shit. Stalling suplex. Dropkick from Brodie. Jig is able to knock Brodie to the floor and comes out with a dive that takes out the 4 rows of seats. Outside in corner dropkick from Jig. Brodie stops all that momentum with a lariatoooo and half nelson suplex. Jig counters a chokeslam, hits a superkick, and nearly wins with a German suplex. Super double stomp. Brodie throws a big boot as Jig comes off the top. Huge Boss Man Slam. A big boot and sit out powerbomb later gets Brodie the win. Brodie is legit. It's obvious why he got hired by WWE.

i0RTUBW7gHRlP.gif

i004gLx3FfsPd.gif

ibzfaDYI6FBsij.gif

TO THE BACK. Kobald delivers a short promo on Colt Cabana.

Colt Cabana vs Kobald

Colt Cabana, of course, is former WWE jobber Scotty Goldman. Kobald jumps on Colt's back, which does nothing as he weighs 50 pounds. Colt does a bunch of wacky Euro spots before doing an airplane spin. Kobald goes and sits in the crowd. Colt goes looking for him. He notices the hunched over walking coat and finds his man. Colt gets posted, but he's back in control as soon as they're back in the ring. He goes for the Artful Dodger and Kobald hits a spear that was better than Edge's even though he might be classified s a mini. His strikes do nothing to Colt. Kobald does a grounded abdominal stretch that doesn't appear to be doing much of anything. Bionic Elbow, Flying Asshole, and the Big Daddy splash can't finish the match. Another Flying Asshole. Colt does a falling fireman carry from the second rope and wins with the Billy Goat's Curse.

ifjsl9Mqxv5Eo.gif

ibgd5PydvJXJUG.gif

Eddie Kingston/Gregory Iron/Scott Parker/Shane Matthews vs Tim Donst/Jakob Hammerheimer/Obariyon/Kodama

I've seen 3.0 before, but I don't know which is which. Donst starts out by choking one of 3.0 with his own arm. Hammerheimer is chased around the ring by other 3.0 dude. Batdude and Iron are tagged in. Arm drags! Iron looks like he either broke his wrist or suffered a terrible arm cramp. Oh, I looked him up and he was born with Cerebral Palsy. That makes more sense since it didn't seem to be bothering him or anyone else. Seems like being a one armed wrestler would be really hard. I don't know why I didn't notice it at first. Kingston tags in and hits an explodaaah and headbutts. Double (and triple) teaming to Batdude. Heels go to work on Iron. Is CHIKARA too family friendly for someone to get heel heat by working on the bad arm? I mean, if you're evil heels and you have a dude with a noticeably damaged and withered arm, nothing would be more evil and heel like than working it over. WWE took full advantage of Zack Gowen's physical make up. But I'm not sure they would do that in 2014. Probably not. Hot tag to Kingston. Suplexes everywhere. Dives everywhere from the technicos, even Kingston. Eddie went for a lariatoo and was instead caught with a drop toe hold/knee to the face by the Batdudes. Finisher spam sequence. Titty twister from Donst to Iron. Very poorly executed rear naked choke from Donst. No excuses to have technique that bad with MMA being so huge for years. This eventually puts Iron out , giving the Rudos the win. As it turns out, Donst used an international object while doing the choke, but was able to hid it from Bryce even after the match.

ihSDS9JkiGGb7.gif

ibfGeDPml6R3xr.gif

Sara Del Rey vs Archibald Peck

WrassleGAF's avatar Rumble winner! I feel like Archie is probably going to get his ass kicked in this. Lots of shoving. Pose off! Sara definitely has bigger...everything than Peck. She doesn't like his shenanigans so he pouts. Sara kicks the shit out of poor Archie. He misses a pescado. His girlfriend distracts Sara and Archie sends her stomach first into the ring post. Gut buster in the ring. Ovary based offense tonight. Sara comes back with kicks and a cannon ball off the apron. Reverse whirly bird from Peck. The girlfriend gets involved again and gets her face kicked off. And so does Archie. He taps to the Golden Butterfly.

ifJPjMqRCeCvU.gif

TO THE BACK.
Ultramantis Black says he's never held a title in 10 years of being in Chikara. But Hallowicked has.

FIST vs Spectral Envoy Campeonatos de Parjeas

FIST is usually Chuck Taylor and Johnny Gargano, but Gagano was injured at an EVOLVE show, so he's replaced with...Icarus. Gross. Dude is like the CJ Parker of indie wrestling to me. The devious duo attack Neo FIST right at the bell. Fuck Icarus. He's a guy who has been in CHIKARA his whole career and hasn't improved at all since he was a rookie. And can't get work other places because he sucks. He's so bad at everything. Still. He's been wrestling for like 10 years and still wrestles like a rookie. Chuckie T gets tagged in and is immediately on the defense until his heel actions get him in control. Then he tags out and Icarus sucks it up for his team. One of the worst slingshots I've ever seen, but since this is CHIKARA, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not. Icarus is so bad. How is this guy a wrestler? He doesn't even look comfortable walking in a wrestling ring. FIST win the first fall after Icarus throws powder into the fully covered face of Hallowicked.

ibuS7V6IRUaQu8.gif

Fall two starts with Chuck in control. I wish I could like this or pay attention, as I like Chuck Taylor, but Icarus is the worst. A big boot to Icarus ends fall two, tying things up.

In fall three, Delirious came out and attacked Ultramantis Black, giving FIST the win. Titles retained.

CHIKARA is what it is. Brodie Lee was the only impressive guy on the show, while Peck was pretty funny. Icarus is the worst. Not as offensive as PWG and ROH as far as stupid indie shit goes, but offensive in the sense of a bunch of skinny white guys trying to do lucha spots slowly and poorly all show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom