• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Anyone else find it weird that when Bean isn't complaining about wrestling or the people in this thread, he's complaining about random people on the internet he could just, I don't know, ignore?

DMczaf

Why we talking about Trish and Lita in 2014?

Let's talk about 2014 Molly Holly

13717194.jpg
13717158.jpg

NXT is always really enjoyable. The crowd is so different, engaged, and better that it makes such a difference.

Spoke too soon, here comes CJ Parker.

Striker

Nope, Lita wasn't actually that great in the ring.

Great character though and that's good enough for me.
She wore thongs people could see and took bumps to all the guys.

Molly and Ivory are two who were damn good but people just like to remember Trish and Lita.

I got nothing against Brandon Stroud, other than he writes about wrestling I don't particularly care about, but I do find it funny that he can't go an article without mentioning his girlfriend. Congrats on the sex, Brandon!

Also, I'm pretty sure bean breath is actually Brandon Stroud and he's just creating an air of plausible deniability with his trolling.

Lastly, HOLY FUCKING SHIT, yesssssssssssssss;

iVi7se8uto7Ty.jpg

YeaOH!!!!!!

Alucard

Banned
Entertaining write-up, Bean Breath. I love reading bitter-but-comical perspectives, and at least you're not jaded because you still praised a bunch of stuff.

Huh, Kenta Kobashi has announced that he'll be producing his own wrestling shows under the title FortuneDream;

ib2xka8oq4oqgx.jpg

FortuneDream 1 will take place at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo on June 8th.

Goddam I love Renee Young's voice so much. I want her to read me stories as we doze off to sleep.

I truly believe The E stays with the NBC family of networks. If Fox bids competetively, the only way I see it working is if they include a no movement clause so that Raw is not preempted or switched channels.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, Kenta Kobashi has announced that he'll be producing his own wrestling shows under the title FortuneDream;

FortuneDream 1 will take place at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo on June 8th.

Huh.

You're more in tune with the puro scene Boots, are all these different shows popping up cutting into each others' business at all, or is it just finishing off AJPW?

Huh.

You're more in tune with the puro scene Boots, are all these different shows popping up cutting into each others' business at all, or is it just finishing off AJPW?

Bit of both. There's no distinct no. 2 promotion at the moment, so that spot is definitely up for grabs. All Japan are turning things around, quality wise, but it's not yet translating into financial success and drawing power. If anything, their attendances are getting worse. They're often out-drawn by Dragon Gate and indies like DDT and BJW in Tokyo, which is the traditional hotbed for All Japan. W-1 are doing fine for a new promotion and are also out-drawing AJPW, but we'll see how they do with their Sumo Hall show next month, as that's the first big venue they've tried to run. NOAH are plugging away, made some good additions to the roster and have improved their attendances, but there's not a lot of excitement about the promotion these days, although Nagata winning the GHC could go some way to changing that, especially if he doesn't drop it at the first defence.

Incidentally, Kobashi's FortuneDream venture is backed by a securities and brokerage company, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of card and production values it'll have. The seats at Korakuen are all priced at ¥7,000, which is fairly expensive compared to other promotions, however a large portion of the proceeds are going to a Japanese children's cancer association.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We police ourselves. Omertà is the WrassleGAF code.

DMczaf

Did someone call WrassleGAF Court?

As the leader of the locker room, I feel it is my duty to hear both sides of this matter.

Hasney

Any news on the WWE Network for Europeans?

Hoping I can just use a VPN

Unblock-US have said they'll be working on it as soon as it comes (if needed) out due to demand.

Knowing out luck it'll be coming 2015. 30 Pounds/Euros a month. No NXT included.

Be more likely no PPVs, at least in the UK after that Sky deal since PPV companies work very different here compared to the US.

Showaddy

Be more likely no PPVs, at least in the UK after that Sky deal since PPV companies work very different here compared to the US.

Yeah in all seriousness I have no idea how it's going to work with Sky, NXT is probably the one thing we're guaranteed to get on the network. Some of the PPV's are already "free" with my sports package, others I've got to pay for and RAW/Smackdown may still be locked within Sky Sports as well.

Batigol

Banned
Yeah in all seriousness I have no idea how it's going to work with Sky, NXT is probably the one thing we're guaranteed to get on the network. Some of the PPV's are already "free" with my sports package, others I've got to pay for and RAW/Smackdown may still be locked within Sky Sports as well.

After 2015 every PPV will be on Box Office :(

Hasney

The "free" PPVs are ending and they're all going on Sky Box Office too, then with Raw and Smackdown being on Sky Sports, it could be an expensive business if they're not on the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom