• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I must've missed this goodness

14351%20-%20Raw%20gif%20randy_orton%20running%20stephanie_mcmahon%20wwe.gif

Looking forward to digging into PROGRESS 9 this weekend.

Nice, hope you like it - the Haskins vs Ricochet vs Zack Sabre Jr. 3-way match on that show was so much fun. Also Rampage Brown vs Doug Williams was really good, but I've been meaning to go back and watch that match, as I was a bit burned out by the end of the show. I think you'll like Rampage, he isn't at all flashy, just a very solid wrestler.

somedevil

From Meltzer about Prince Devitt:

- While there's still no word if international star Prince Devitt has accepted WWE's offer, word is that the company offered him a deal to where he will spend just a short amount of time in NXT before going to the main roster. Some close to Devitt say that he will more than likely end up signing with WWE.

Interesting. So if he does sign does that mean they let him do the New Japan cup before he leaves?

Honestly, there's little left for Devitt to do in New Japan - I doubt they'd give him the IWGP Heavyweight belt and, while him leaving would suck, they've got a ready made replacement who might actually get a run with the heavyweight belt one day and can step up as leader of Bullet Club; Karl Anderson.

Interesting. So if he does sign does that mean they let him do the New Japan cup before he leaves?

Yeah, New Japan have little problem using guys that aren't contracted and WWE usually let people finish up their dates before reporting to the performance centre - if Devitt signs, he'll likely compete in the New Japan Cup but go out in the first round (he's got Lance Archer) and then put over Taguchi in a special singles match at some point on the tour, most likely on the last day of the NJ Cup on March 23rd.

If Taker is going to retire soon, it should be with Kane. That one promo on Smackdown a couple of years back made it seem like they both were going to retire soon.

Honestly, there's little left for Devitt to do in New Japan - I doubt they'd give him the IWGP Heavyweight belt and, while him leaving would suck, they've got a ready made replacement who might actually get a run with the heavyweight belt one day and can step up as leader of Bullet Club; Karl Anderson.

Doc Gallows would be my pick.

GhaleonQ

So what goddamn event is everyone excited for next? What's your next event you're watching or attending, and why are you excited?

WWE NETWORK FOR ME. Because I want to see what the fuck they do.

Speaking of that, Wisconsin finally got some events that matter. Raw and Smackdown post-Elimination Chamber and the week of the Network launch is in Green Bay (bad crowd, right?) and Milwaukee. I'm 5th row, aisle, back right at Smackdown, which means I might get to think about high-fiving The Shield and then lose my nerve.

The advertised wrestlers are great and I assume McMahon wants to show off the Network to shareholders and the free trial viewers, so I hope that means it's an awesome wrestling show and not a series of recaps and c-minus story advancement.

Going to wXw 16 Carat Gold in March. Kushida will be there and so will Chris Hero. I am excited for that.

Oh, fantastic. What's Chris Hero like post-E? Is his style some synthesis of old Hero and Ohno?

You mean the pretty model that looks like she has an IQ of 90 or lower actually says stuff you would expect from that type of person?

I am legit shook.

Oh Aiii, with your infinite wisdom, please tell us what you think AJ's IQ is.

E:
BEAN BREATH

This is one Aiii post you should bookmark.

The Willow the Wisp character was so amazingly bad - I don't know what Jeff was thinking when he brought it to ROH. He'd just left WWE and gave a bunch of interviews about how wrestling sucked these days and he'd fallen out of love with it, so when he showed up in ROH with one of his awful students in tow (Krazy K, it was his first proper match) he got absolutely booed out of the building. Huge "DON'T COME BACK!" chants. I felt bad for the kid, although he never amounted to much. Joey Mercury was in the match as well, if I remember rightly, and he just looked embarrassed for Jeff.

People are excited for Devitt going to WWE? I didn't realize so many people here liked dancing leprechaun wrestlers.

I don't know if anyone's happy, exactly, it's just that we acknowledge that WWE's the only place to make REAL money in this business. The Japanese style isn't the most forgiving and there's only so many years Devitt can keep wrestling at that pace, might as well try and cash in while the offer's on the table.

XenoRaven said:
Oh wait WWE has edgy gimmicks now so he'll be like an evil angry leprechaun that scowls a lot.

He can be an Irish separatist who feuds with Wade Barrett and other UK & commonwealth wrestlers he deems to be Royalists.

We ignore that. His Taker feud was catharsis for Kanenites that was a decade overdue.
Damn right, and currently this is how the saga ends, with old man Taker thoroughly whupped 3 events in a row.

But that Edge feud really did suck, the character roles were reversed, it was silly.

Eva is the redhead, right?

at least she's smart enough to navigate her way backstage into a reality show while some hold a meaningless shite belt and job every week on live TV.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
That funeral that TNA had for Aces and 8's was amazing. That shot of bully just sitting in the back during the casket match promo was great.

TNA
TNA
TNA
TNA

i wanna see Cena bury Devitt.

"go back to Japan where competition is easier".

If only that were true, WWE wouldn't have had such a hard time getting Sumo Hall even half-full on their last Japanese trip. Also, they actually ran against the G1 a couple of years ago with a Smackdown tour, which didn't work out too well, to the surprise of absolutely no one.

Shine tag title tourney tonight

Plus Serena in action
Should be a good one
- Representing VALKYRIE - Made in Sin of Alliysin Kay & Taylor Made with April Hunter
- The S-N-S Express of Sassy Stephie & Jessie Belle Smothers with Nevaeh
- The West Coast Connection of Tracy Taylor & Su Yung
- Lucha Sisters of Leva & Mia Yim
- Malia Hosaka & Brandi Wine
- Representing Daff's A.S.S. - The Buddy System of Heidi Lovelace & Solo Darling with Daffney
- Kimber Bomb of Kimber Lee & Cherry Bomb
- MsEERIE of MsChif & Christina Von Eerie

PLUS -

SHINE Championship Match
Ivelisse defends vs. Mercedes Martinez

Serena Deeb of VALKYRIE w/ April Hunter vs. Angelina Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom