• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He really isn't. It's been a terrible gimmick and role for him so far. I hope they drop it soon.
It may not be a good gimmick, but like everything else he's been saddled with, GGG has found a way to make it entertaining, and is trying to make it work.

jmdajr

Kofi-

“When my now-wife and I were in college together and first courting, I was trying to impress her. I would invite her over to my dorm room to watch a movie or the TV show, ‘Blind Date.’ But she would bring her roommate! And I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ This was not a one-time thing, either. I’d invite her out to dinner, and she would bring the roommate! So not only do I pay for her meal, but I also pay for her roommate’s meal, because I’m trying to do the right thing and be a gentleman. She almost bankrupted me. But eventually she fell victim to my wit and charm, and now she’s my wife. But she was hard to get!”

man that's some bullshit

tumblr_n0z27l1HbE1qh8gb2o1_500.png

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
So that's what that promo was about... weird stuff.

Impact was better than I expected this week. The bigger crowds really help and there are tons of stories going on currently, not bad.

Because Impact is at least interesting because they tell stories, maybe not the best stories, but stories. Something the WWE should think about doing.

kiguel182

Because Impact is at least interesting because they tell stories, maybe not the best stories, but stories. Something the WWE should think about doing.

yup, that makes a ton of difference.

They actually have segments that move things forward and characters with clear motivations and that make some sense.

I liked how the bro-mans referenced that they had convinced EC3 to not cash in his briefcase for example, it was a little detail but made things seem more real.

Shame that Dixie Carter is an awful performer, it really hurt that last promo.

Showaddy

The "free" PPVs are ending and they're all going on Sky Box Office too, then with Raw and Smackdown being on Sky Sports, it could be an expensive business if they're not on the network.

After 2015 every PPV will be on Box Office :(

Jesus. I was hoping to ditch Sky now they're losing the Football/Rugby and with the Network on the way. Now way in hell am I buying all the minor PPV's off box officer either.

Praying that Raw/Smackdown will be on the Network at least.

Hasney

Jesus. I was hoping to ditch Sky now they're losing the Football/Rugby and with the Network on the way. Now way in hell am I buying all the minor PPV's off box officer either.

Praying that Raw/Smackdown will be on the Network at least.

If there's not a way around for us to buy the US version of the network when it launches and they don't offer the PPVs with our network, I'm hoping that it works like Netflix where by using Unblock-US or a similar service, it presents the US version to you even though you pay for a UK subscription.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

kiguel182

Just re-watched Edge vs Matt Hardy ladder match, probably one of the first wrestling matches I ever saw.

Man, that whole situation must have sucked for Hardy, having to work with those two must've been hard.

The match was very spot heavy, they moved from one spot to the other with very little in between. Cool to watch but nothing with very substance.

And one final note, Lita looked (still looks) awesome. What a women.

jmdajr

Just re-watched Edge vs Matt Hardy ladder match, probably one of the first wrestling matches I ever saw.

Man, that whole situation must have sucked for Hardy, having to work with those two must've been hard.

The match was very spot heavy, they moved from one spot to the other with very little in between. Cool to watch but nothing with very substance.

And one final note, Lita looked (still looks) awesome. What a women.

Currently reading Lita's book. Still early on but she was
a stripper as a teenager. (legal)

Rapstah

RAW_1063_Photo_059.jpg

“You’re not going to believe this, because it sounds like a movie, but I legit was hit on by someone riding a bike. Not a Harley Davidson bike. A pedals, bicycle, bike. So, at least he was eco-friendly, but…sorry, sweetheart, I’m definitely not going to dinner with you on a bicycle.”
I'm frightened by the possibility that she's actually like this and that it's not just heel heat.

kiguel182

Currently reading Lita's book. Still early on but she was
a stripper as a teenager. (legal)

Damn...

The only thing I know/remember about her life is what she talked about with Colt on his podcast. She went to Mexico to be a wrestler without planning or anything. She led an interesting life.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm frightened by the possibility that she's actually like this and that it's not just heel heat.

I wouldn't want to give someone the time of day if they were on a bicycle, nor would I expect to be given the time of day if I was on one. I've got a car. That's how I represent my dick size.

jmdajr

Damn...

The only thing I know/remember about her life is what she talked about with Colt on his podcast. She went to Mexico to be a wrestler without planning or anything. She led an interesting life.

The women truly is fearless. She did whatever she wanted, consequences be damned.

Aiii

So not worth it

You mean the pretty model that looks like she has an IQ of 90 or lower actually says stuff you would expect from that type of person?

I am legit shook.

Great video package highlighting the current angle running in PROGRESS wrestling;

The Self-Destruction of Jimmy Havoc

Loved Jimmy's turn, the whole audience (myself included) got proper worked. Also, the video doesn't show any clips of it, but his promo afterwards was absolutely scathing and the heat whenever Havoc's in the building now is just immense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great video package highlighting the current angle running in PROGRESS wrestling;

The Self-Destruction of Jimmy Havoc

Loved Jimmy's turn, the whole audience (myself included) got proper worked. Also, the video doesn't show any clips of it, but his promo afterwards was absolutely scathing and the heat whenever Havoc's in the building now is just immense.

That is pretty good. Good turn too. I hope he bulks up some (of COURSE I'd say that) but it sure looks fun to watch. He has heel written all over him now! Looking forward to digging into PROGRESS 9 this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom