• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Damn right, and currently this is how the saga ends, with old man Taker thoroughly whupped 3 events in a row.

But that Edge feud really did suck, the character roles were reversed, it was silly.
It honestly amazes me that if Taker never has another feud with Kane, then technically, the saga ended with Kane thoroughly beating him.

Botchamania 243 is out and I always enjoy when they come out on a more frequent basis. I would rather Maffew just release them with clip compilations instead of waiting for the latest WWE PPV to happen and then releasing them a week later. I like having botches pointed out to me from WCW and ECW instead of just current WWE.

Am I alone in this?

Botchamania 243 is out and I always enjoy when they come out on a more frequent basis. I would rather Maffew just release them with clip compilations instead of waiting for the latest WWE PPV to happen and then releasing them a week later. I like having botches pointed out to me from WCW and ECW instead of just current WWE.

Am I alone in this?

Nah, but then he's done 243 of them so I'm guessing he's spotted a lot of older botches by now!

Am I alone in this?

Nope, I much prefer it when Maffew includes clips from all over the world of wrestling - the WWE ones are either so current everyone instantly recalls them, or stuff like 'Everyone talks too much' which I'm not much of a fan of.

That being said, whenever he focuses on an old PPV, or chucks in clips from indie or Japanese wrestling, the comments are always full of WWE fans complaining. ESPECIALLY if he includes any CZW, which makes no sense to me - CZW is like the holy grail of botching.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Sunny!
Lock the playlist and give me control of Taima. That channel needs a strong leader and I don't believe you are the man for the job. Miz and Ahmed Johnson aren't going to put butts in seats.

Spider from Mars said:
Lock the playlist and give me control of Taima. That channel needs a strong leader and I don't believe you are the man for the job. Miz and Ahmed Johnson aren't going to put butts in seats.

Just fill the playlist with BJW Blood & Death History;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k25TfAmZ9c4 - 1/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKlWJOkPVVU - 2/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se3aAZ4pBn4 - 3/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGuDsKCcvoU - 4/4

8 hours of classic deathmatch wrestling is better than The Miz and Ahmed Johnson. Hell, anything's better than The Miz and Ahmed Johnson.

gurudyne

It honestly amazes me that if Taker never has another feud with Kane, then technically, the saga ended with Kane thoroughly beating him.

I need to check this out on the Network. This and Jericho-HBK.

Really, a lot of WWE between 2003 and early-to-mid-2011 is one big blur to me. Stopped paying attention in that time and never went back to see what exactly happened or what big matches took place. Anyone have any notes on worthwhile feuds from that period?

Really, a lot of WWE between 2003 and early-to-mid-2011 is one big blur to me. Stopped paying attention in that time and never went back to see what exactly happened or what big matches took place. Anyone have any notes on worthwhile feuds from that period?

The Mike Mizanin and Layla fued was legendary.

Striker

Smackdown was so much more enjoyable to watch than RAW between those periods. Only thing RAW had going for a short time was Muhammad Hassan.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
tnawinter1.jpg

I miss Winter ;(

Carnby

WrassleGAF collectively just realized that WWE is a steaming pile, and has zero redeeming value.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

You should watch these promos to set it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrxfIuDCZVQ

And this promo of Kane explaining why he attacked the Undertaker, which is, in my biased opinion, the best kayfabe promo I've ever seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAAlSLnsXBw

Pretty sure the camera man would throw his back out with a demonstration.

Perhaps you've just underestimated their flexibility and pursuit of true photographic art of which they will put their spine in jeopardy for.
Of course no one would do such things for TNA so...

XenoRaven

The Willow the Wisp character was so amazingly bad - I don't know what Jeff was thinking when he brought it to ROH. He'd just left WWE and gave a bunch of interviews about how wrestling sucked these days and he'd fallen out of love with it, so when he showed up in ROH with one of his awful students in tow (Krazy K, it was his first proper match) he got absolutely booed out of the building. Huge "DON'T COME BACK!" chants. I felt bad for the kid, although he never amounted to much. Joey Mercury was in the match as well, if I remember rightly, and he just looked embarrassed for Jeff.

I don't know if anyone's happy, exactly, it's just that we acknowledge that WWE's the only place to make REAL money in this business. The Japanese style isn't the most forgiving and there's only so many years Devitt can keep wrestling at that pace, might as well try and cash in while the offer's on the table.

He can be an Irish separatist who feuds with Wade Barrett and other UK & commonwealth wrestlers he deems to be Royalists.
What's the schedule like for NJPW guys? Sure, the WWE style is more forgiving, but the schedule is notoriously grueling. Also, the entirety of Japan is the size of a small to medium sized US state, so the travel is going to be considerably worse as well. He'll make more money for sure, but I'm not convinced that it will somehow give him more longevity.

Also that gimmick would go over every WWE fan's head. They'll give him a Braveheart gimmick because Vince just saw the movie and doesn't know the different between Ireland and Scotland.

wooo's currently playing a WWF Superstars of Wrestling from 1990. WrassleGAF's currently playing some Garfield shit.

Letting the side down, guys.

What's the schedule like for NJPW guys? Sure, the WWE style is more forgiving, but the schedule is notoriously grueling. Also, the entirety of Japan is the size of a small to medium sized US state, so the travel is going to be considerably worse as well. He'll make more money for sure, but I'm not convinced that it will somehow give him more longevity.

Also that gimmick would go over every WWE fan's head. They'll give him a Braveheart gimmick because Vince just saw the movie and doesn't know the different between Ireland and Scotland.

It's not so much about longevity, as it is about making the money while he still can - whose to say that WWE would still be interested a year or two down the line? And, yeah, the schedule is crazy for WWE. So much travelling, plus, he wouldn't be able to go home to Ireland anywhere near as regularly as he does now.

I'd rather watch ROH TV, to be honest.

Not that I do, but if you put a gun to my head, I'd watch it over Impact. See, the worst thing TNA does is occasionally show glimpses of a quality product, which only sets you up for further disappointment when, inevitably, everything collapses in spectacularly stupid TNA fashion, leaving you feeling like an idiot for wasting your time on such dreck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
wooo's currently playing a WWF Superstars of Wrestling from 1990. WrassleGAF's currently playing some Garfield shit.

Letting the side down, guys.

This is what happens when I leave it open and I'm at work :/

I'll make that playlist fat and happy when I get home. We won't be stood up by Wooo! But I love those guys, they're good guys!

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I'd rather watch ROH TV, to be honest.

Not that I do, but if you put a gun to my head, I'd watch it over Impact. See, the worst thing TNA does is occasionally show glimpses of a quality product, which only sets you up for further disappointment when, inevitably, everything collapses in spectacularly stupid TNA fashion, leaving you feeling like an idiot for wasting your time on such dreck.

ROH got so fucking boring though. Their PPV's were shit and their product was dry as hell. I haven't watched since Cole became champ. TNA may be a mess, but at least they try to tell stories, with varying levels of success. Each segment advances a story, unlike WWE where throw away matches and segments comprise 90% of the show. There is like 1 "story" in WWE right now, and even that changes from week to week.

Also, late 2003-2007 TNA earned them my loyalty :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to put some serious work into WrassleGAF TV when I get home, if I can stay away from that Titanfall. It's the shit!

I will also create themed playlists.

We -WILL- have a Bootaaay Deathmatch Screening sometime though. It's perfect for us!

tm24

I'm going to put some serious work into WrassleGAF TV when I get home, if I can stay away from that Titanfall. It's the shit!

We -WILL- have a Bootaaay Deathmatch Screening sometime though. It's perfect for us!

Oh man, Deathmatch Screening, Lucha Madness, INDIEWRESTLING.GIF the show!

And stop talking about Titanfall. It hurts :(

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

Can I have a segment called TNA Tantrum where I convince people that I'm not crazy? only crazy for TNA.

It's 2014. If somebody ever tells you to watch TNA, it can safely be assumed that they're terrible and just don't want to feel terrible and alone.

Carnby

Is the Bad News Lawler gif as funny for you as it is for me?

This gif tells a story about a dork who thinks he is one-uping you. But he's not. He's telling a zinger, and instead of being embarrassed you make Barrett's "huh?" face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom