• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Fh5nChI.png

Is that WM9? Is Bret finding out the dumbest WM ending ever during this photo?

gurudyne

Completed a couple of playthroughs of Revengeance recently, so out of curiosity, went back to look at MGS2 to compare past and modern Raidens. (Long story short: it's fucking hilarious how far this universe drunkenly wandered.) While doing that, I realized I'd forgotten how surreal and absurd mainline Kojima games could get and for some reason, tried to understand the ending of MGS2 on its own terms. My brain is fucked right now from bad exposition dumps about MEMES and NANOMACHINES and PAWNS OF THE PATRIOTS. It's like someone spliced Neal Stephenson and Tom Clancy's brains together, then got the damned thing drunk and set it loose without an editor.

Going to watch Enzo Amore talk at people so I can fix this and go to sleep.

I NEED SCISSORS! S-A-W-F-Ty one!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Remember after Cena won the WHC he said he'd be on Smackdown? When was the last time Cena was on Smackdown? Was it arm wrestling challenge?

I only bring it up cause he's face is the first thing you see in the intro video is Cena...and he's never shown again. Orton is shown 7 times..but that was the case before he even cashed in MITB.

jred2k

He was on like a week or two after he won the WHC. I think it was November 8th. He had a match with Ryback.

Nevermind, he was on it a week later for the arm wrestling challenge.

Pavaloo

Just got back from Foley's show, was a great time! Definitely recommend his set to any wrestling fans. So many women out there tonight too. Beautiful women (bless you Vancouver). I expected so many to be brought by their guy friends and tagging along, but it appeared most knew Mick and knew some of the stories he was talking about. Favorite part of the night was him telling off a smark. He seemed so upset by it too, poor guy. Mick's so nice he feels bad about telling assholes they're being unpleasant. lol

So, who is playing titanfall on pc? Gotta populate my origin friendlist

I am! p_srehal is my origin tag

got SWERVED by a SAWFT friend. tells me he knows a girl i'd love to meet, shows me the pics and she's fuckin great, everything in the right place. tell him to take me to her, i'll gladly make her acquaintance and BAM, turns out she lives in the UK and only visits during the summer.

dude turned HEEL on me.

Mr. Sam

got SWERVED by a SAWFT friend. tells me he knows a girl i'd love to meet, shows me the pics and she's fuckin great, everything in the right place. tell him to take me to her, i'll gladly make her acquaintance and BAM, turns out she lives in the UK and only visits during the summer.

I-- I live in the UK, friend.

Striker

WWE on their Network page no longer says a backcatalogue of Raws/SD - but instead "featured matches" - the verbiage is pretty careful on there. So don't expect them yet.
That's a bummer.

You can watch older WCW/WWF PPV's on Youtube or Dailymotion. I'm not always home on current PPV nights so I'm not always watching them or truthfully care to most of the time, to be honest. So the main two reasons I thought about purchasing the Network was the older shows and the PPV's in proper definition. Now there's just one reason, and still I don't think it's enough. I dunno.

Hasney

That's a bummer.

You can watch older WCW/WWF PPV's on Youtube or Dailymotion. I'm not always home on current PPV nights so I'm not always watching them or truthfully care to most of the time, to be honest. So the main two reasons I thought about purchasing the Network was the older shows and the PPV's in proper definition. Now there's just one reason, and still I don't think it's enough. I dunno.

Yeah same. On days like this where I'm hungover to shit, I just imagined me shoving Raw on and recovering. Without the back catalogue though, the main reason is gone.

Kind of hoping the wording on the site is to do with some kind of rights thing and we get a lot of the older stuff dumped on there. Will have to wait and see what's available at launch next week.

DREAM - KAZUSHI SAKURABA vs MELVIN MANHOEF - 2008

iAShwg02sV6ty.gif

GET HYPE!!! undying love for Melvin, what a character, crazy KO power, 185lb at 5'8, dutch machine. MIKE!!! from Mike's Gym. love these guys, so many years watching them. high energy entrance, as usual.

i3vPOa2zQ5YsV.gif

lol, Saku's entrance has him coming out from inside the arena halls all bandaged up. how many masks can you recognize from that table?

ibnjRM1DWOh23I.gif

here he is! Saku was nearly 40 when he had this match, veteran of many wars. absolute legend of the sport.

iQlko5T3PAQet.gif

bout begins. the men circle each other. Melvin respects Saku's ground game but Saku fear the dutchman's striking. Melvin trying to find the distance to land big shots on Saku. Saku getting stalked, gets his back against the ropes. HOLY SHIT! high kick from Melvin opens up Saku, the dutch raining blows on the veteran. Saku is in DEEP SHIT!

ibsZkKfAKQbiUo.gif

Saku tries to survive but things are not looking good. he's on his back, defensive position. GODDAMN! Melvin just pulls Saku to him using his leg and pummels him some more. this could be over at moment now.

iF68RXkqOcRcK.gif

there's ntohing Saku can do, he's getting manhandled. knee to the side of the head and vicious, hard hammerfists finish the bout in favour of your winner, Melvin Manhoef.

ipSQPL3kK9Jcm.gif

just sheer brutality. poor Saku... he wish he was already in NJPW at this point, no need to get punished like this. Mlevin still does kickboxing and MMA, with modest sucess.

BONUS "MELVIN MURDERING MOOKS" GIFS

ilroj1JdFRlmF.gif
ibhEMWWMjCJp1j.gif

ib19EgCCxFfUQP.gif
ibzkJPRpjOYZCF.gif

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

Rapstah

I'm pretty sure Cena's complete list of Smackdown appearances is:
  • Week after he won WHC at Hell in a Cell. Appeared to say he would represent Smackdown from now on. Sandow cashed in Money in the Bank because there was no way that surgically repaired arm was at 100% yet. Cena won.
  • The week after that, Cena and the Rhodes Brothers beat Sandow and the Real Americans in a Smackdown Six-Man Tag (tm)
  • The week after that, Cena and the Rhodes Brothers beat Sandow and the Real Americans in a Smackdown Six-Man Tag (tm)
  • On a week where I don't think Cena was on the show, Alberto Del Rio called out Cena because there was no way that surgically repaired arm was at 100% yet.
  • The week after that, Cena and Alberto Del Rio had an arm wrestling competition. Cena won instantly because apparently his surgically repaired arm was at 100%, but Alberto Del Rio attacked him and put him in the arm bar, casting shadows of doubt over whether John Cena's surgically repaired arm was at 100% yet.
Survivor Series, where Cena successfully defended the WHC belt from Del Rio in the re-match, obviously ended with Cena coming out and staring Orton down, which put him in the main event build for TLC and removed him from Smackdown.

Edit: There was a Ryback match here somewhere too. That was the one where Ryback used the spear and the Jackhammer and supposedly hadn't asked if he could use them. I thought that match was actually really good.

Alucard

Banned
I'm pretty sure Cena's complete list of Smackdown appearances is:
  • Week after he won WHC at Hell in a Cell. Appeared to say he would represent Smackdown from now on. Sandow cashed in Money in the Bank because there was no way that surgically repaired arm was at 100% yet. Cena won.
  • On a week where I don't think Cena was on the show, Alberto Del Rio called out Cena because there was no way that surgically repaired arm was at 100% yet.
  • The week after that, Cena and Alberto Del Rio had an arm wrestling competition. Cena won instantly because apparently his surgically repaired arm was at 100%, but Alberto Del Rio attacked him and put him in the arm bar, casting shadows of doubt over whether John Cena's surgically repaired arm was at 100% yet.
Survivor Series, where Cena successfully defended the WHC belt from Del Rio in the re-match, obviously ended with Cena coming out and staring Orton down, which put him in the main event build for TLC and removed him from Smackdown.

Edit: There was a Ryback match here somewhere too. That was the one where Ryback used the spear and the Jackhammer and supposedly hadn't asked if he could use them. I thought that match was actually really good.

Face of the company!

I think this is how he gets around WWE's drug testing policy. Since he doesn't typically do Smackdown, he is not considered a full-time employee and, I believe, is therefore exempt from the policy.
They don't even care that muxh to come up with aomething so elaborate. They just don't test him.

Watching the WSU show, everything was kinda meh until Athena vs Lufisto. Seriously great match, I don't know how anyone was supposed to follow that. Also, goddamn Mickie Knuckles;

i3kXpFpKEuvRA.gif

http://www.wwe.com/f/photo/image/2014/02/50_REN_01262014_JTB_161b.jpg.

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

I'm more than a bird
I'm more than a plane
I'm more than some pretty face beside a train
It's not easy to be me

I wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
'Bout a home I'll never see

It may aound absurd but don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may he disturbed but won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

So the WWE Network is basically just PPVs now? :/

Am I the only one who wants to see a WWE Network app for Wii U? PS3, PS4, 360, iOS, and Roku? C'mon son!

WSU was a pretty good show overall, Candice & Joey vs Shanna & Dickinson was stupid but fun, Mickie Knuckles and Jewells Malone had a crazy brawl with all sorts of weaponry being used, while Athena vs Lufisto and the main event of Jessicka Havoc vs Alpha Female were both great matches, well worth a watch. Alpha & Jessicka really beat the shit out of each other, but match of the night probably goes to Athena & Lufisto. Great stuff.

You can grab the replay at; http://www.rfvideonow.com/czw/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WSU was a pretty good show overall, Candice & Joey vs Shanna & Dickinson was stupid but fun, Mickie Knuckles and Jewells Malone had a crazy brawl with all sorts of weaponry being used, while Athena vs Lufisto and the main event of Jessicka Havoc vs Alpha Female were both great matches, well worth a watch. Alpha & Jessicka really beat the shit out of each other, but match of the night probably goes to Athena & Lufisto. Great stuff.

You can grab the replay at; http://www.rfvideonow.com/czw/

Weird question regarding RF Video.

Am I supporting a pedophile by giving them money, or did they cut ties with him wholly?

Carnby

Long story short re: NBA-GAF

Community threads are like families, and someone got a little too upset about a few things and asked their...usual mod, I guess you could call him, Blackace, to intervene. Nothing happened, so the dude eventually went to Duckroll. Duckroll posts basically "hey can you guys treat each other better" and got some flak for it, so it was time to shut shit down. Blackace reopened the topic, who knows what happened behind the scenes, but there's some dead bodies in that thread and Blackace is a normal member now.

I think the issue behind the scenes was that...yknow I don't even want to speculate, but it appears pretty clear cut. One of those "you can't manage your community" things, I dunno.

Community threads are a different beast, different groups - and that's part of the appeal, you get to know people and can rib each other without problems, hence our Nazaaaay and Brandon Stroud and snitch talk. We're all pals.

If anyone ever does go too far with the butthurt, I'd definitely like to know so we can self-police ourselves instead of snitching to a mod. Omerta, my brothers.

Omerta.

We are a close and friendly community, and I can't think of a time in recent history where we had members that were legit mad at each other. IF we ever did, I think our unofficial mods (Strobogo and Vince McMahon) could easily quash it.

In closing, I love this place! I dedicate this song to my WrassleGAF brothers and sisters. Through better and worse, we're all together now. (YEAH!).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Glad you're happy here Carnby. I think the only legit heat backstage is BillRiccio and BronsonLee, but I think they're either uncomfortably ok with each other, or...I don't know.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's still involved with them.

Blech, no sale then. That dude is getting 0 of my dollars.

that NBA stuff is why, some times, members heavily involved with certain communities should never be made mods. favouritism and all.

Don't get in the way of my push!

Real talk though, htown will end up being our mod. I've said it before, it'll be htown.

strobogo

Banned
We are a close and friendly community, and I can't think of a time in recent history where we had members that were legit mad at each other. IF we ever did, I think our unofficial mods (Strobogo and Vince McMahon) could easily quash it.

In closing, I love this place! I dedicate this song to my WrassleGAF brothers and sisters. Through better and worse, we're all together now. (YEAH!).

I'm no psuedo mod. If I was, I'd instantly perma beany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom