• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PCW seem to have put on some really good shows over the last 12 months.

Yeah, their shows sound like a lot of fun, I've been meaning to grab a few DVDs - their product seems very import heavy, though, which is both a good and bad thing, imo. It makes it easier for people to get into the promotion, I guess, and they've been drawing good crowds with all the ex-WWE and indie talent they bring in.

RevPro & PROGRESS are my favourites at the moment, also enjoyed what I've seen of IPW:UK and have been meaning to check out some Southside as I hear nothing but good things about their shows.

strobogo said:
It isn't that he's bad or anything like that, I just don't see why he'd be in demand. What does he do that no one already under WWE contract doesn't do?

He's a better jr. heavyweight-style wrestler than anyone they currently have on contract, including PAC & Generico. Of course, that's pretty meaningless when he'll be expected to work a WWE style anyways, but it's hard to fault his ability or skill. He's also got a good look, good physique, a lot of charisma and personality and is a versatile wrestler who is exceptionally crisp in his execution - I'm not sure what's not to like?

He's a better jr. heavyweight-style wrestler than anyone they currently have on contract, including PAC & Generico. Of course, that's pretty meaningless when he'll be expected to work a WWE style anyways, but it's hard to fault his ability or skill. He's also got a good look, good physique, a lot of charisma and personality and is a versatile wrestler who is exceptionally crisp in his execution - I'm not sure what's not to like?

all that and he's gonna job to Khali and Santino on Superstars.

The only reasonable answer is Strobogo hates the Irish.

Marvel

could never
Being cool. Who's cool in the WWE other than Kevin Nash?

2-15-201310-50-49PM.jpg

Big Deal Titus O'Neil son!

Unless my math is funky getting Network day one should get you Mania, ER, Payback, MITB, Battleground, and Summerslam. Feb 24-Aug 24. Then the 2nd batch if you continue would be NOC, HIAC, SS, TLC, Rumble and EC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Buddy of mine made Trash Bag Wrestlers! Sadly he's not the dude in the mask.

x5tMPAP.jpg

I guess it's time to share a few more. This is true INDIE WRESTLING LOL time.

NcdRBVp.jpg

lcQNVBN.jpg

zfcryGM.jpg

m59GE1J.jpg

FZVQls0.jpg

ZKPMacO.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got one free ticket if anyone can make it to Providence this afternoon.

Tomasso Ciampa proving again that he is one of the hardest working indie guys in the business. I don't think I've seen an indie card without him on it in 2013.

Pavaloo

i don't understand some people's taste

i get that can make me an asshole, but i don't care: some people have really bad taste.

like how you gonna wear army pants with your lucha mask

I do like this 'new age lumberjacks' tho lol

Sokantish

i don't understand some people's taste

i get that can make me an asshole, but i don't care: some people have really bad taste.

like how you gonna wear army pants with your lucha mask

I do like this 'new age lumberjacks' tho lol

luchas gotta hunt too, you know.

gurudyne

You guys shouldn't sign up for the network the first day it's out if you are going to. Wait until close to Wrestlemania that way you will get Summerslam in the first 6 months. It's the smarter way to do things.

What's the rationale here? Summerslam 2014 is on 08/17/14. 08 - 06 = 02, so a six month subscription starting tomorrow (well before the Network hits) should see you through to Summerslam.

charsace

WWE is gonna have to pay Devitt a lot and he is gonna be in the main event. They say he makes near a million a year in Japan so they have to pay him well. And anyone that gets paid a lot in the WWE gets tv time. Its the reason why Big Show still gets big spots.

Hasney

What's the rationale here? Summerslam 2014 is on 08/17/14. 08 - 06 = 02, so a six month subscription starting tomorrow (well before the Network hits) should see you through to Summerslam.

Plus the free week trial before payment, so it should be comfortable.

WWE is gonna have to pay Devitt a lot and he is gonna be in the main event. They say he makes near a million a year in Japan so they have to pay him well. And anyone that gets paid a lot in the WWE gets tv time. Its the reason why Big Show still gets big spots.

Or it could be an ambition to try and make it big in WWE one day? I've never read a Devitt interview, but I know some guys took a pay cut from the indies for their first WWE contract.

charsace

Plus the free week trial before payment, so it should be comfortable.

Or it could be an ambition to try and make it big in WWE one day? I've never read a Devitt interview, but I know some guys took a pay cut from the indies for their first WWE contract.
Those indie guys weren't earning like Devitt was earning in Japan. The guy was nearing legend status in Japan so no way he takes a massive paycut just to wrestle in the WWE. They are paying him well to be there.

What you're saying would make sense if Wrestling was real fighting and not predetermined.

NBA gaf was great. All it took was one person to ruin it.

The difference between being a top earner on the indie circuit and being a top earner in Japan is pretty big, monetary-wise. Also, Devitt's always said he finds the lifestyle working in Japan very suited to his tastes and that he's comfortable with New Japan - it affords him all sorts of benefits he wouldn't get in WWE (less travel, more opportunities to go home to Ireland, being able to take indie bookings in Europe and being able to take outside sponsorship deals), so if WWE really want him that bad, I wouldn't be surprised to find that he's got a pretty good deal for himself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hot shit, Ryback just Tweeted a pic of his new Singlet.

"Internet Legend" with a broken keyboard. I love it.

fmX4C1L.jpg

Ripclawe

Banned
The difference between being a top earner on the indie circuit and being a top earner in Japan is pretty big, monetary-wise. Also, Devitt's always said he finds the lifestyle working in Japan very suited to his tastes and that he's comfortable with New Japan - it affords him all sorts of benefits he wouldn't get in WWE (less travel, more opportunities to go home to Ireland, being able to take indie bookings in Europe and being able to take outside sponsorship deals), so if WWE really want him that bad, I wouldn't be surprised to find that he's got a pretty good deal for himself.

if you are a top star in Japan, there is very little need to take WWE money unless they sign you guaranteed money that makes it worthwhile.

Ryback's bully gimmick was awesome. He actually managed to take a step back with the Paul Heyman alignment because it took away his bully stuff. But his Internet warrior stuff is fucking gold.

Ryback

Everything about him the internet should hate, but strangely seems to love. He's a big muscle guy, who managed to become famous because of NXT/Tough Enough. Has no real skill. Yet... he's class.

if you are a top star in Japan, there is very little need to take WWE money unless they sign you guaranteed money that makes it worthwhile.

Correct. I did a show with Luke Gallows last night and he was talking about how much money the Americans make over there in Japan. That's what it took for them to get Albert/Tensai back. He's making a downside guarantee of $400,000 per year for three years.

Hasney

Those indie guys weren't earning like Devitt was earning in Japan. The guy was nearing legend status in Japan so no way he takes a massive paycut just to wrestle in the WWE. They are paying him well to be there.

What you're saying would make sense if Wrestling was real fighting and not predetermined.

NBA gaf was great. All it took was one person to ruin it.

Fair enough. I was more coming from the angle of wanting to wrestle on the show you watched as a kid. Would be a big deal to me same if I was offered an acting job in a long running series I used to love.

But seeing Tenasi was on 400k, they'll be offering him quite I bit then.

Pavaloo

i've loved the big guy since his promo mentioning Owen Hart

we also need more pre taped promos like ryback calling out cena for being a bad friend

i think his inevitable shoot interview 7 years from now would be insane

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Long story short re: NBA-GAF

Community threads are like families, and someone got a little too upset about a few things and asked their...usual mod, I guess you could call him, Blackace, to intervene. Nothing happened, so the dude eventually went to Duckroll. Duckroll posts basically "hey can you guys treat each other better" and got some flak for it, so it was time to shut shit down. Blackace reopened the topic, who knows what happened behind the scenes, but there's some dead bodies in that thread and Blackace is a normal member now.

I think the issue behind the scenes was that...yknow I don't even want to speculate, but it appears pretty clear cut. One of those "you can't manage your community" things, I dunno.

Community threads are a different beast, different groups - and that's part of the appeal, you get to know people and can rib each other without problems, hence our Nazaaaay and Brandon Stroud and snitch talk. We're all pals.

If anyone ever does go too far with the butthurt, I'd definitely like to know so we can self-police ourselves instead of snitching to a mod. Omerta, my brothers.

Omerta.
We never found out who the snitch was!

somedevil

Fair enough. I was more coming from the angle of wanting to wrestle on the show you watched as a kid. Would be a big deal to me same if I was offered an acting job in a long running series I used to love.

But seeing Tenasi was on 400k, they'll be offering him quite I bit then.

I'm not sure how much Tensai was making in New Japan but from Karl Anderson on Colt podcast, Tensai wife wanted him to go back to making WWE money. That seems that they just over paid for him to come back.

Meltzer's sources for Devitt says he is leaning going to the WWE. So they are paying him what he gets in New Japan or a bit more and offering him a cup of coffee in NXT to come over.

Its up to him for what he wants. In New Japan I don't think they will give him the main two titles now. So what is left for him to do over there?

Recall

Sometimes personal goals outweigh money. For a lot of wrestlers being in the WWE even for just a short time is why they got in to the business to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom