• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cm punks best in world documentary has been taken of netflix

Lol is this true?

Oh this is such a fucking trap. Punk's so carny about this shit, just like MITB. It just seems this way because it only goes through him and Vince.

A magical secret: Punk is a consummate company man, image be damned.

On my mind a CM Punk-AJ Lee vs HHH-Steph tag match could've been the perfect storyline ender for the Authority. Heh.

#ABA most disgusting deathmatch you've ever seen?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also

- PWInsider reports that WWE sources indicate CM Punk quitting WWE had nothing to do with Batista personally and it wasn't Batista that caused the decision. It was more a collection of issues including being burnt out, injuries, a difference in what WWE saw as a big push for Punk and what he felt was one, specifically facing Triple H at WrestleMania XXX.

Ithil

The fans aren't going to accept anything at Mania other than it ending with Bryan celebrating with the title to close the show. They should just have Bryan pull double duty that night. Since they addressed it on Raw.

They'll accept Bryan beating HHH clean in the middle of the ring. Especially if they make it clear that by beating Triple H, Bryan is going to get a title shot at whoever wins in the Orton/Batista match. The only thing they won't accept is the WWE title match, which is fucked six ways from Sunday already. Anywhere on the card, Orton/Batista is gonna die out there.

If they aren't putting Bryan in the WWE title match, but with HHH, I think their best bet is to put the WWE title match on before Bryan's match, and close out the show with Lesnar/Taker. That match is the only one that could follow Bryan's and get a good reception.

Or end it with Bryan's match.

kiguel182

Punk wasn't going to be the main event this year, he's surely known that for months, ever since he got wrapped up in the whole "I'm trying to kill Paul Heyman" and Shield feud he was in. That's not a build to a Mania main event, and that's obvious.

But wasn't there talk late last year of him winning the Rumble? Maybe he had some expectations.

You could always put him there using the Rumble but he didn't had the momentum for that. He is probably just tired and injured.

Of course Baptista being where he is probably doesn't help but from his latest interview he didn't see that as an issue since he will be there for the next 2 years full-time.

jmdajr

Punk wasn't going to be the main event this year, he's surely known that for months, ever since he got wrapped up in the whole "I'm trying to kill Paul Heyman" and Shield feud he was in. That's not a build to a Mania main event, and that's obvious.

I agree that it would not have been the final match. It would have been a big match though.

Bryan on the other hand, I think it can be main event. Hell throw a retirement stipulation on there. raise the stakes.
It should have been this match all along.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who'd have thought that the internet would become the new 'kayfabe', if that makes sense.

It really has to be, though. You gotta take kayfabe to the next level.

Working the internet IS easy. People just don't do it with dedication.

They'll accept Bryan beating HHH clean in the middle of the ring. Especially if they make it clear that by beating Triple H, Bryan is going to get a title shot at whoever wins in the Orton/Batista match. The only thing they won't accept is the WWE title match, which is fucked six ways from Sunday already. Anywhere on the card, Orton/Batista is gonna die out there.

If they aren't putting Bryan in the WWE title match, but with HHH, I think their best bet is to put the WWE title match on before Bryan's match, and close out the show with Lesnar/Taker. That match is the only one that could follow Bryan's and get a good reception.

Or HHH can fuck off and not have a match

Make the title match a triple threat match with Bryan.

Toki767

They'll accept Bryan beating HHH clean in the middle of the ring. The only thing they won't accept is the WWE title match, which is fucked six ways from Sunday already. Anywhere on the card, Orton/Batista is gonna die out there.

If the title match isn't on last it basically devalues the title which they keep wanting to push as important. The only exception is the steak but having the title match be third from the top goes against what they want people to perceive. Plus the match will get shit on unless Bryan is in it no matter what.

Son Of D

I can't think of a good storyline reason for HHH vs Bryan going last though. At least HBK vs Taker II had Streak vs Career going for it and Cena vs Rock was very large in terms of scale. It's going to have to be something big to close the show over Brock/Taker and Orton/Batista.

Then again Del Rio vs Edge and Sheamus vs Bryan had no reason to curtain jerk Mania considering they were both WHC title matches (and Rumble winners). Not to mention Brock/HHH going last at Extreme Rules last year (although Mania's a much bigger event than Rules).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember all that Duck Dynasty hullabaloo? Who won in that? A&E. Hit the controversy, sell the merch, make the biiiiig profits.

This is all a big endgame to sell fucktons of CM Punk and Bryan shirts. If you see CM Punk shirts pop up at an independent vendor he shills,having you buy his "rebellious" persona, follow the money - I bet WWE has their hand in it.

DMczaf

The fact that they are scared as hell about where to put that shitty title match should give them a hint that this match is not a good idea AT ALL. Before, during or after Bryan and Brock/Taker's matches, it doesn't matter. That match will bomb in front of any live crowd.

Just bite the bullet and have Bryan pull double duty.

RyudBoy

Dbry vs HHH always made more sense at mania than Punk vs HHH. Of course with how things have gone recently, it also makes sense to put Dbry in the title picture, but I'd be OK with with the former scenario, just as long as Dbry goes over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
breaking

- PWInsider reports that Punk plans to join various indy feds and NJPW to debut his new stable, Hobo Club which is a parody of NJPW's Bullet Club

Ithil

Or HHH can fuck off and not have a match

Make the title match a triple threat match with Bryan.

The Authority angle is supposed to climax at WM, so HHH has to have a match, that he can lose to end the angle. Hence why Bryan is being plugged into Punk's spot, and why WWE viewed Punk's spot as a major one.

jmdajr

Yup. It was CM Punk's plan all this time to have sloppy matches and work half heartily in the ring. Best burn out gimmick ever.

Dbry vs HHH always made more sense at mania than Punk vs HHH. Of course with how things have gone recently, it also makes sense to put Dbry in the title picture, but I'd be OK with with the former scenario, just as long as Dbry goes over.

This is my feelings on it.

Idealy I would want him in the title match but the Triple H match makes more sense then it did with Punk and its 10x better then a random tag match with the Wyatts or another match with Shemaus

Plus I just didnt see Punk going over at WM in that match. Now with Bryan Trip's really has no option then to put the guy over.

Rapstah

But wasn't there talk late last year of him winning the Rumble? Maybe he had some expectations.

You could always put him there using the Rumble but he didn't had the momentum for that. He is probably just tired and injured.

Of course Baptista being where he is probably doesn't help but from his latest interview he didn't see that as an issue since he will be there for the next 2 years full-time.

All of the usual places knew Batista was winning the Rumble the second they announced he was returning (actually slightly earlier since there was this weird period between when it leaked and when they edited the announcement into a taped Raw). As the roster stands right now, the only possible winner before they knew Batista was coming back would have been CM Punk. It's not like they were planning for Bryan to win before he got red hot this last month.

I guess the issue here is when they got confirmation that Batista was coming back, and when based on that they booked the Rumble match. Meltzer said yesterday that he thinks they confirmed Batista in October. That's several months for Punk to realise he wasn't winning it. Issues stack up though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE should sign Rosita
BfAseYBCcAAJFlL.jpg:large

tumblr_mzve8n9pRg1r2pq24o1_500.jpg
She's hot. She's also probably a good wrestler. And she knows Jade > Kitana

KissVibes

Banned
Remember all that Duck Dynasty hullabaloo? Who won in that? A&E. Hit the controversy, sell the merch, make the biiiiig profits.

Ratings went down anyway, even after un-suspending the duckman and merch sales saw a SMALL spike but nothing meaningful.

Wasn't much of a win, Sunny.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Lurking way too much, not posting enough, save for getting "Legit shook" in a WWE product.

Honestly, this all feels like a worked angle cribbed from the TNA/AJ Styles:punk/MITB, etc. playbook. Raw is from Chicago 2 weeks after Elimination Chamber as well, which might be a good way to bring him back in if this is a complicated web-as-kayfabe angle.

But, again, WWE hasn't done anything this smart ever. So who the hell knows.

Do we now start a gaming-side style, Hideo Kojima in Bandages-esque, "work" or "shoot" bet? Is that how this works?

kiguel182

All of the usual places knew Batista was winning the Rumble the second they announced he was returning (actually slightly earlier since there was this weird period between when it leaked and when they edited the announcement into a taped Raw). As the roster stands right now, the only possible winner before they knew Batista was coming back would have been CM Punk. It's not like they were planning for Bryan to win before he got red hot this last month.

I guess the issue here is when they got confirmation that Batista was coming back, and when based on that they booked the Rumble match. Meltzer said yesterday that he thinks they confirmed Batista in October. That's several months for Punk to realise he wasn't winning it. Issues stack up though.

I think I read that before the Baptista news leaked but I might be wrong of course.

He has been unhappy from some time now. If this is real I wouldn't be surprised.

strobogo

Banned
Clearly that isn't the case, as PWG are having more success in recent years than any other point in their history. Sure, it's not for you, but for people who are actual fans of current indie wrestling, PWG's pretty highly regarded.

This. I'm not even the biggest fan - I doubt I'd be able to sit through a show like that live, as I can barely make it through PWG DVDs in two sittings, but that 'crazy mix of talent from all over the US trying to out-do each other and steal the show with every match' style is what's made PWG so popular in recent years.

I know that's the PWG way, but shit. At least save spots and finishers. There is no reason that spots in the crazy over the top main event should be done in the opening match. And second match. And fourth match. And there is no reason why so many people should have the same finishers or use someone else's finish as a transition move on the same show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom