• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Non-spoiler Impact matches confirmed for tonight:

-Magnus vs. Gunner for the title
-The Wolves vs. Bad Influence

I hope they at least give 7 minutes to The Wolves and Bad Influence.

Aiii

So not worth it
I must say I have a lot of respect for people who are still able to watch and look forward to Impact.

I respect the hell out of your resolve, man!

Alucard

Banned
I must say I have a lot of respect for people who are still able to watch and look forward to Impact.

I respect the hell out of your resolve, man!

Even when the storyline writing isn't great, there ARE stories happening. It feels like a legit alternative to the WWE with how they do backstage segments and how every segment matters. It's nice not to have any filler.

Give it a shot.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'd rather sit through 3 continuous NO COMMERCIAL BREAKS hours of one long Triple H promo than watch a 5 minute Dixie Carter segment ever again.

And if my podcasts are correct, 1 hour of Impact now is dedicated to Dixie Carter segments.

G-Fex

You're weirding me out. You want to come to my house and go on a road trip with me. Did you cast the hex on me to give me all the bad luck at the end of this trip?

If I have one real regret about my trip, it's that I didn't go to the Comedy Store on Monday and try to get on Kill Tony. I have a solid premise of how hard it is to commit suicide when you have to take care of your grandparents. Would have worked out well on that show I feel.

I want us to bond Stro. You don't have to be strobogo, you can be my strobro

Updated card for WRESTLE-1's Ryogoku Kokugikan show on March 2nd;

. TNA World Heavyweight Title: Magnus (c) vs KAI
. TNA World Tag Team Titles: Robbie E & Jesse (c) vs Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo
. W-1 vs TNA:Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto vs Christopher Daniels & Kaz
. W-1 vs TNA: Masakatsu Funaki vs Bobby Roode
. TNA X-Division Title: Austin Aries vs Seiya Sanada

W-1 haven't done a Ustream show since their debut back in September - they'd be pretty foolish not to do one this time, though, as surely the TNA involvement will get them more interest from western fans? The card doesn't look too bad so far, Funaki vs Roode should be a lot of fun and that W-1 vs TNA tag match looks awesome. Also, a lot of people aren't exactly fans of Sanada, but I could easily see Aries getting a great match out of him.

Aiii

So not worth it
I dunno Boots, TNA can barely draw for their own PPV's, a throwaway PPV not on primetime probably won't do too many sales either.

Carnby

Yeah, but he was going to get his ass booed regardless - the fans really did not want him there (except for the gaggle of screaming girls that seem to show up wherever Jeff goes, even at an indie wrestling show). Also, he did that stupid pose on the top-rope thing and slipped, which was just about the high point of his match, which was against Krazy-K (a student of Jeff's having his debut match in front of an incredibly hostile crowd) and a drugged-up Joey Mercury. To say it was one of the worst matches in ROH history would be an understatement.

Where can I see this match?

Kaladin

WWE Network is taking so much of my hype, things like Thief, South Park: Stick of Truth and Guardians of the Galaxy are falling under my radar.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE Network is taking so much of my hype, things like Thief, South Park: Stick of Truth and Guardians of the Galaxy are falling under my radar.

I don't really get hyped about much anymore, but I'm sure as hell hyped for the WWE Network.

(which sucks, because I have no clue how long I'll have to wait before I can use it)

Kaladin

I don't really get hyped about much anymore, but I'm sure as hell hyped for the WWE Network.

(which sucks, because I have no clue how long I'll have to wait before I can use it)

The lot of us clammering over having wrasslin to watch 24/7 won't help much either.

Joeki11a

Banned
Is it weird HBK and Bret Hart are members of the nWo, both joined and looked
Awkward in that shirt.

Sometimes I wonder if HHH wanted to be a member.

Nameless

Ambrose tearing that Renee Young up all night. Every night. lol renee young marks

tumblr_n18rteN8Ya1sd3f32o1_500.jpg

It's a work brah.

**exclusive footage from Renee Young's vagina cam**

tumblr_inline_mvb4gn35jw1rqdid7.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is it weird HBK and Bret Hart are members of the nWo, both joined and looked
Awkward in that shirt.

Sometimes I wonder if HHH wanted to be a member.

Kevin Sullivan said after the 'initial' nWo the only person he wanted to put in was HBK if he came over. Then everybody got into the nWo.

Joeki11a

Banned
Wait people actually think Raw will be highjacked?

Listen the minute it is confirmed Punk wont be there and is done legit.

Their will be no punk fans going to the show, it will be boycott not highjacked.

Joeki11a

Banned
Kevin Sullivan said after the 'initial' nWo the only person he wanted to put in was HBK if he came over. Then everybody got into the nWo.

If that would of happen WWE would had been finished, butI mean ya it would make sense its the Kliq. I think him on the wolfpac it would had been more fun that seemed like where he belong.

I wonder why WWE never used the Wolfpac IP
they went with nWo original. HbK looked weird with his dumb hat on, it was all as weird as Bret in nWo.

HBK, Booker T Nash Goldust in Redpaint as the Wolfpac would of been cool.

Snaku

Banned
If that would of happen WWE would had been finished, butI mean ya it would make sense its the Kliq. I think him on the wolfpac it would had been more fun that seemed like where he belong.

I wonder why WWE never used the Wolfpac IP
they went with nWo original. HbK looked weird with his dumb hat on, it was all as weird as Bret in nWo.

HBK, Booker T Nash Goldust in Redpaint as the Wolfpac would of been cool.

The Wolfpac was terrible, that's why that never happened.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Updated card for WRESTLE-1's Ryogoku Kokugikan show on March 2nd;

. TNA World Heavyweight Title: Magnus (c) vs KAI
. TNA World Tag Team Titles: Robbie E & Jesse (c) vs Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo
. W-1 vs TNA:Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto vs Christopher Daniels & Kaz
. W-1 vs TNA: Masakatsu Funaki vs Bobby Roode
. TNA X-Division Title: Austin Aries vs Seiya Sanada

W-1 haven't done a Ustream show since their debut back in September - they'd be pretty foolish not to do one this time, though, as surely the TNA involvement will get them more interest from western fans? The card doesn't look too bad so far, Funaki vs Roode should be a lot of fun and that W-1 vs TNA tag match looks awesome. Also, a lot of people aren't exactly fans of Sanada, but I could easily see Aries getting a great match out of him.

This show looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait. If this does hit Ustream you can count me in.

Of course that Punk thing was a work, just like MITB was. Punk is carny as hell and has a direct line to Vince. They could pull this off.

Also: Masukatsu Funaki kicking the shit out of Roode will be pretty damn hilarious. Roode is aces

I hope it is, because by god, that would be awesome.

Christ, Punk's specialty is working the Internet into thinking he's leaving, but instead starting a hot new angle

See: ROH and WWE Summer of Punk

This is what he does. He probably asked for some time off and this is the cover.

jmdajr

Christ, Punk's specialty is working the Internet into thinking he's leaving, but instead starting a hot new angle

This is what he does. He probably asked for some time off and this is the cover.

So no was there no...

"Breaking News: Kane takes out CM Punk indefinitely."

Makes no sense. He suddenly just seized to exist.

Listening to Colt's podcast from last week with Sonjay - really fun show, recorded while both were on a tour of remote India. Love hearing about wrestlers travelling to remote places, like Colt's show with Cliff about Nigeria and his one with Tyson Dux about northernmost Canada. Also, Sonjay gives some good insight into how Ring Ka King came about - crazy that the Indian wrestlers on that show had less than 50 days training and a real shame it never got it's second season.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to Colt's podcast from last week with Sonjay - really fun show, recorded while both were on a tour of remote India. Love hearing about wrestlers travelling to remote places, like Colt's show with Cliff about Nigeria and his one with Tyson Dux about northernmost Canada. Also, Sonjay gives some good insight into how Ring Ka King came about - crazy that the Indian wrestlers on that show had less than 50 days training and a real shame it never got it's second season.
You can get a lot done in 50 days.

Could you imagine? You have 50 days to learn EVERYTHING about ANYTHING. That's child's play. It's doable. Ring Ka King, even if Stro hates it, is still dabes.

Aiii

So not worth it

It would not be awesome?

I never watched Ring Ka King but I have seen previews of it with Scott Steiner treated as some sort of Godzilla terrorizing the crowd.

That was pretty hilarious lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No matter how you cut it, we'll know without a shadow of a doubt on March 3rd. Stay tuned.

Kaladin

No matter how you cut it, we'll know without a shadow of a doubt on March 3rd. Stay tuned.

CM Punk doesn't return on Raw, but he returns in ring during the post Raw segment on the Network after show.

March 10th:

Michael Cole: Here is what you missed last week if you're not subscribing to the Network:

Aiii

So not worth it
CM Punk doesn't return on Raw, but he returns in ring during the post Raw segment on the Network after show.

March 10th:

Michael Cole: Here is what you missed last week if you're not subscribing to the Network:

And every non-US person rages on the internet.

It will be glorious.

Sephzilla

I'm expecting more of a Vince troll moment for the Raw in Chicago. Punk's music will start up and HHH/Vince/Kane will be like LOL JK GUYS kind of like when they had Bret's music start up in Calgary back in the mid 2000s when HBK was in the ring.

WWE released their Q4 2013 and Full Year financial results on Thursday morning. Here are the final pay-per-view buy rates:

Battleground in October: 114,000
Hell in a Cell in October: 228,000 (up from 199,000 in 2012)
Survivor Series in November: 177,000 (down from 208,000 in 2012)
TLC in December: 181,000 (up from 175,000 in 2012)

Without factoring in WWE Battleground (which was a new pay-per-view in 2013), WWE sold 586,000 buyrates in the quarter, up from 582,000 in 2012.

The buyrate for Hell in a Cell was the show’s best since it debuted in 2009 – and the Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton main event outdrew the John Cena vs. Randy Orton WWE World Heavyweight Championship Unification match by a wide margin (26%).

Overall, you can see that pay-per-view is no longer a growth sector for WWE, which makes it an opportune time for WWE to transition those shows to the WWE Network.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

March 10th:

If they keep it network-exclusive, social media will go fucking bananas and that turns into SHITLOADS of people going for the week trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom