• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting more of a Vince troll moment for the Raw in Chicago. Punk's music will start up and HHH/Vince/Kane will be like LOL JK GUYS kind of like when they had Bret's music start up in Calgary back in the mid 2000s when HBK was in the ring.

If they want to make it a work, the best way would be for him to jump out of the crowd when Kane comes down the ramp during the chamber match. I'd go with a dick kick, DDT on the concrete, slap on the anaconda vise until security rips him off type of deal. Then you have Randy win on the dusty finish. Voila, 6 months of story line.

I'm expecting more of a Vince troll moment for the Raw in Chicago. Punk's music will start up and HHH/Vince/Kane will be like LOL JK GUYS kind of like when they had Bret's music start up in Calgary back in the mid 2000s when HBK was in the ring.

One of my favorite HBK moments, ever. I wouldn't be mad at all if that's what they chose to do.

jred2k

WWE released their Q4 2013 and Full Year financial results on Thursday morning. Here are the final pay-per-view buy rates:

Battleground in October: 114,000
Hell in a Cell in October: 228,000 (up from 199,000 in 2012)
Survivor Series in November: 177,000 (down from 208,000 in 2012)
TLC in December: 181,000 (up from 175,000 in 2012)

Without factoring in WWE Battleground (which was a new pay-per-view in 2013), WWE sold 586,000 buyrates in the quarter, up from 582,000 in 2012.

The buyrate for Hell in a Cell was the show’s best since it debuted in 2009 – and the Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton main event outdrew the John Cena vs. Randy Orton WWE World Heavyweight Championship Unification match by a wide margin (26%).

Overall, you can see that pay-per-view is no longer a growth sector for WWE, which makes it an opportune time for WWE to transition those shows to the WWE Network.

HBK really popped that HiaC number. Too bad he isn't going to do a Mania match.

DMczaf

WWE released their Q4 2013 and Full Year financial results on Thursday morning. Here are the final pay-per-view buy rates:

Battleground in October: 114,000
Hell in a Cell in October: 228,000 (up from 199,000 in 2012)
Survivor Series in November: 177,000 (down from 208,000 in 2012)
TLC in December: 181,000 (up from 175,000 in 2012)

Without factoring in WWE Battleground (which was a new pay-per-view in 2013), WWE sold 586,000 buyrates in the quarter, up from 582,000 in 2012.

The buyrate for Hell in a Cell was the show’s best since it debuted in 2009 – and the Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton main event outdrew the John Cena vs. Randy Orton WWE World Heavyweight Championship Unification match by a wide margin (26%).

Overall, you can see that pay-per-view is no longer a growth sector for WWE, which makes it an opportune time for WWE to transition those shows to the WWE Network.

Daniel Bryan is not a draw. We need more Big Show.

Kaladin

Solomon Crowe? Or do you mean put him on the main roster?

I had him in mind, but it would be a main roster introduction.....and I guess it could be NXT or main roster given the nature of the Network.

But you know they're going to introduce a character by having them hack into the network.

It's only a matter of time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I had him in mind, but it would be a main roster introduction.....and I guess it could be NXT or main roster given the nature of the Network.

But you know they're going to introduce a character by having them hack into the network.

It's only a matter of time.

Agreed. It'd make sense.

jmdajr

48561da3.gif

Kaladin

They should bring back the Raw GM gimmick for the Network. The Anonymous Network Admin.

Just replace the laptop interface with a tablet.

WWE should run NWO style promos, for a faction on the network. lot of potential to introduce new talent and story lines with the network. hope the go for it

nwotron-1.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE conference call is going on right now, expect a lot of Network news and much more.

Kaladin

I wouldn't bet on that - and I think they have been specific no? It's just not the answer we want :p

In addition to live and original programming, fans will have access to the most comprehensive WWE video-on-demand library the instant they subscribe. WWE Network will offer all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views as well as encores of Raw and SmackDown totaling more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.

That's as specific as they'll get, yet we know that 1500 hours includes ECW TV.....so they're being non-committal with the whole thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question about CM Punk situation is answered by Vince: "one of our performers is taking a sabbatical let me put it that way"

It's a work, brothers.

lol @ someone asked "WHY ARE YOU CONTINUING TO DO MOVIES? WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE SKILL IN THE MOVIE BUSINESS?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddammit dm, that pic leaves me legit shook every time. It's worse NOT moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom