• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Japan, why?

itkfUQ9.jpg

Female Nakamura is cute.

For some reason gender-flipped Naito pisses me off.

slit

Admittedly, I don't watch TNA much but how does MVP being the investor make any sense? Are they saying a former WWE midcarder can just buy half of the company? That's how much TNA is worth? LOL

bjork

Admittedly, I don't watch TNA much but how does MVP being the investor make any sense. Are they saying a former WWE midcarder can just buy half of the company? That's how much TNA is worth? LOL

^ I thought this too. Though, outside of Million Dollar Man, I'm not sure who it could've been with any sort of monetary gimmick context.

RIC FLAIR BOUGHT HALF THE WWF YOU PLEBIANS

The consortium that bought the WWF... THAT CONSORTIUM WAS ME! WOO DADDY *elbow drops jacket*

slit

The consortium that bought the WWF... THAT CONSORTIUM WAS ME! WOO DADDY *elbow drops jacket*

Ric Flair was a legendary wrestler so it wasn't unbelieveable that he would have had a lot of money storyline wise. MVP is not Ric Flair. :p

bjork

That was a little more believable. A jet flying limo riding multi-time world champ, versus a dick who had a bounce house and a pizza contest.

Alucard

Banned
Admittedly, I don't watch TNA much but how does MVP being the investor make any sense? Are they saying a former WWE midcarder can just buy half of the company? That's how much TNA is worth? LOL

He has been working in Japan for a while. Tons of wrestlers can make better money there than in North America.

Alucard

Banned
Also, I hope Impact popped a nice rating last night. At least a 1.2 to keep them consistent. If I were a casual or lax wrestling fan, my attention would have been grabbed by the high intensity atmosphere pumping through the TV screen last night. I thought the show looked and sounded great last night. It all felt like a big deal and they did a really good job of keeping the show running at a fast clip.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I hope Impact popped a nice rating last night. At least a 1.2 to keep them consistent. If I were a casual or lax wrestling fan, my attention would have been grabbed by the high intensity atmosphere pumping through the TV screen last night. I thought the show looked and sounded great last night. It all felt like a big deal and they did a really good job of keeping the show running at a fast clip.

I'll accept any excuse to post this

iMth7YuuWb5BG.gif

Xater

Did it? I am just now listening to the B&V show and it sounds like there was way too much talking.

slit

He has been working in Japan for a while. Tons of wrestlers can make better money there than in North America.

I don't know, that's still a stretch for the U.S. audience. He hasn't been in the limelight for quite a while. I just think it makes TNA look completely bush league, but with the decisions they have been making lately maybe they don't care.

Kaladin

You know, Bryan vs Batista could actually be a very appealing match if they book it right.

Book it as a new school vs old school passing of the torch moment and you can even wrap their NXT matchup into the promos.

Bryan wins the belt at the Elimination Chamber, but still has to prove to Triple H that he's worthy of being the face of the company by beating Batista at Wrestlemania. Batista, the guy that completely outclassed him on NXT during his rookie season. Bryan now gets the chance to prove on the grandest stage of them all, against one of his toughest opponents that he is a main event star.

But, I digress, this is WWE.

XShagrath

Super odd request, but does anyone have a link to strobo's gif of ICP walking to the ring with one of them doing the stupid head bob?

Hasney

Smackdown is actually pretty good this week, a bunch of good matches and stuff actually happens.

OH YES

christian.jpg

EDIT: Since I shall not be playing KOC2 tonight, think I'll play Day of Reckoning 2 instead. Fatal 4-Way Last Man Standing matches with Christian going over (Feat. Best version of your Close your Eyes) all round.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Batista's here for 2 years. You can't job him out this soon.

Rapstah

Ziggler/Cesaro on Smackdown is a case where Ziggler's selling just makes him look like he's made out of paper. No one else gets so completely destroyed from so few moves from Cesaro. It's unfortunate for Ziggler because it looks pretty good.

Also, counting NXT, no one has kicked out from the Neutralizer for a long time now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Superkicks sending him over the top rope 3 times a week. His back would be fucked worse than Hogans in under 2 years.

Also since no one sells in the indies his opponents wouldn't know how to react.

He only took a spinning spike piledriver off of the top rope, why didn't he kip up immediately?

bjork

You know, Bryan vs Batista could actually be a very appealing match if they book it right.

Book it as a new school vs old school passing of the torch moment and you can even wrap their NXT matchup into the promos.

Bryan wins the belt at the Elimination Chamber, but still has to prove to Triple H that he's worthy of being the face of the company by beating Batista at Wrestlemania. Batista, the guy that completely outclassed him on NXT during his rookie season. Bryan now gets the chance to prove on the grandest stage of them all, against one of his toughest opponents that he is a main event star.

But, I digress, this is WWE.

But that would mean watching a batista match. I rather watch Mantaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom