• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabucin

You know, Bryan vs Batista could actually be a very appealing match if they book it right.

Book it as a new school vs old school passing of the torch moment and you can even wrap their NXT matchup into the promos.

Bryan wins the belt at the Elimination Chamber, but still has to prove to Triple H that he's worthy of being the face of the company by beating Batista at Wrestlemania. Batista, the guy that completely outclassed him on NXT during his rookie season. Bryan now gets the chance to prove on the grandest stage of them all, against one of his toughest opponents that he is a main event star.

But, I digress, this is WWE.

I would book this as "Wrestlemania XIX WHC Match Part II (Benoit - HHH - HBK)".
Daniel Bryan wins the title at EC.
Randy Orton starts bitching about his rematch at the next Raw and he wants his rematch at WM XXX.
Batista is the #1 contender because RR.

We have a 3 way match for the title with 2 big superstars and the favorite of the crowd but he is the underdog.
Bryan finally proves that he is a main event material defeating them clean.

Whoah, Dragonzord. I was going to ask the same question.

I would like to think that the last pushed Asian wrestler was Yoshi Tatsu. It wasn't a big push at all, but it was one nonetheless.

Other than that, the only Asian wrestler that they at least did something with was Kenzo Suzuki.

I eagerly await the day that an Asian wrestler of this description grabs the main card belt. Or a midcard belt holding Asian that isn't broadcasted as stereotypical.

bjork

I don't think WWE has ever properly pushed an Asian wrestler. When was the last one? I'm talking Japanese, Chinese, not so much distant Asian ancestry like Samoans.

Jimmy Wang Yang should've been a champion. That was my favorite of that time.

They pretended Yokozuna was Japanese didn't they? Does that count?

Up until 1996, then he started going, "Yo holmes, I'm a wreck you what what" or whatever, and he should've been billed from Pacoima.

G180WCH.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tajiri was pushed for like 5 seconds with hte little Japanese mafia angle. Everything else around that was goofy comedy character who could work in the ring.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Rey and Tajiri put on great matches, back when there was a cruiserweight belt... back when there was cruiserweights.

XenoRaven

Tajiri was one of my personal biggest disappointments in WWE. Not because of anything he did. It was just that he went from the Japanese Buzzsaw, who I was legitimately afraid of in ECW, to William Regal's bumbling personal assistant. He also jobbed to Jamie Noble, and had an offensive stereotype abusive relationship gimmick.

Him spraying green mist in Coach's face was great though.

I think you are all forgetting when Super Cena was handed a bitter defeat by the distinctly Japanese Lord Tensei, okay so the biggest Asian push there was Tensei shoving his manager into the barricade, hell that guy got a push every week so to speak.

Championship Wrestling from Hollywood is alright. It's like a low-rent NXT, with one-dimensional gimmicks and jobber names. There's a guy called HOSS HOGG. Guess what his gimmick is! But yeah I'm probably gonna watch more, because no one i actually knew wrestled on the episode i watched. I went into it without an opinion on Matt Striker, and now i think i hate him? there's a manager named "Hector Canales" (he looked like Curt Hawkins, though) and Striker just COULD NOT say his name without doing a stereotypical accent.

anyway, i rate it would watch again/10
Did the episode have Willie Mack in it? Also the manager Stu, he's a wrestling mark on the commentary.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
5 Dollar Wrestling – All Gimmicks Needed is soon!
5 dollar wrestling forever! forever! forever! forever! forever! forever! forever! forever! forever! forever!

Rapstah

All three Wyatt family members now talk. Harper talked before and had entire promos in NXT, but I don't think Rowan ever spoke.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a confession to make. I think The Eliminators fucking sucked. I always thought they sucked. They had zero psychology in mathces, and in a lot of ways, I blame them for shit like the American Wolves. Also that finisher is fucking lame.

bjork

I have a confession to make. I think The Eliminators fucking sucked. I always thought they sucked. They had zero psychology in mathces, and in a lot of ways, I blame them for shit like the American Wolves. Also that finisher is fucking lame.

I always liked Kronus, but I was more of a gangstas guy. Mustafa all the way.

Tajiri was one of my personal biggest disappointments in WWE. Not because of anything he did. It was just that he went from the Japanese Buzzsaw, who I was legitimately afraid of in ECW, to William Regal's bumbling personal assistant. He also jobbed to Jamie Noble, and had an offensive stereotype abusive relationship gimmick.

Him spraying green mist in Coach's face was great though.

Tajirir VS Super Crazy are some of my favorite matches of all time.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

I've seen Perry Saturn's dick so I think I am bonded to him for life or something.

I'll give you the first part, because who the fuck was expecting psychology from an ECW tag match? But, the Total Elimination is lame?

gr9P8oo.gif

Incidentally, can someone find me a wrasslin' equivalent of the above gif?

charsace

Rey and Tajiri put on great matches, back when there was a cruiserweight belt... back when there was cruiserweights.

Too bad they buried the division. And the funny thing people want the division back. All the WWE would do is use the division to keep over guys out of the ME and bury them.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
WWE stock is through the roof right now. It's clearly overvalued. It's above $24, and the company is now worth $1.81 B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom