• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Yeah, he joined WWE training, but not about getting a contract or tryout? I assume it's supposed to translate that he has not been offered a contract or tryout yet.

Well the Performance Center isn't an open school for anyone to train in. You either work for WWE, or you're getting a tryout, to train there. The only other position is a guest trainer, but that doesn't sound like what he did.
So...I guess he got a tryout, and we'll await for WWE's verdict in a few weeks.

Tendo

Would you expect the CM Punk hoodies and merch to be pulled before Monday? I want to snag one but I don't get paid until the first and I'd rather wait if I can.

somedevil

Well the Performance Center isn't an open school for anyone to train in. You either work for WWE, or you're getting a tryout, to train there. The only other position is a guest trainer, but that doesn't sound like what he did.
So...I guess he got a tryout, and we'll await for WWE's verdict in a few weeks.

So was this the announcement he was supposed to make on Monday or will he say more about the situation on Monday at the Noah show?

Hasney

Would you expect the CM Punk hoodies and merch to be pulled before Monday? I want to snag one but I don't get paid until the first and I'd rather wait if I can.

Nah, it's still money. I reckon they'll be up for a bit.

Either way, already got my CM Punk vintage sweater at least.

Marvel

could never
Also, counting NXT, no one has kicked out from the Neutralizer for a long time now.

kdft.jpg

Ithil

So was this the announcement he was supposed to make on Monday or will he say more about the situation on Monday at the Noah show?

No clue, I guess he'll explain to the NOAH fanbase that he's in contact with WWE at least, and maybe wants to expand his horizons.

At some point, not that far off, he'll be too old to go to WWE, so it's best he at least try to get there. I know he's a top guy in NOAH but it's a small promotion, so even as a mid carder in WWE he'd probably make more money.

Rapstah

Jesus, Curtis Axel's new finisher, some kind of standing facebuster from a neckbreaker position, busts Darren Young's lower lip open on Smackdown. Looks like he bladed his chin.

Ravager61

Yeah, he owns CM Punk. It would be major for him to go back to Ring of Honor right now.

That would be huge for RoH. Sounds like Punk is too beat up for that to happen anytime soon though. 99% chance that when he does come back, it's with WWE I think.

I just started watching RoH and I like it a lot so I'd like to see them get that kind of mainstream exposure. Probably not going to happen though.

Xater

Jesus, Curtis Axel's new finisher, some kind of standing facebuster from a neckbreaker position, busts Darren Young's lower lip open on Smackdown. Looks like he bladed his chin.

They care enough about Axel to give him a new finisher? Why? That guy is never getting over.

mouserat

Neo Member
that's been Axel's finisher for months. he was doing that weird running neckbreaker for a couple of weeks and the Fisherman's Suplex was a spot he used a few times but he never beat anyone with it.

the hangman's facebuster sucks so much as a finisher. it's skullcrushing finale tier of bad.

Hasney

Curtis Axel should switch to a jumping fisherman buster, just to keep up with the pace of Ryback in terms of injuring opponents.

Hasney

Speaking of bad finishers and with that BIG TIME new investor coming into TNA, I really hope his finish isn't still the Playmaker. That thing was horrible.

Rapstah

I didn't even think of this option because I didn't think that they'd be this stupid, but the Elimination Chamber silhouette was
Christian. Exact same graphic they fill it in with.
Seems kind of stupid to use that as the silhouette.

Obvious Smackdown spoilers if you click this link:
http://abload.de/img/elimcham25xedx.png

Hasney

Every CAW I made in No Mercy had the Fisherman Buster as a finisher lol.

My man.

It was always that or the Hangmans DDT. Loved that one because it a) looked like it killed them and b) it was one of those moves that has the shocked woman scream from the crowd.

Speaking of bad finishers and with that BIG TIME new investor coming into TNA, I really hope his finish isn't still the Playmaker. That thing was horrible.

I loved the Drive-By Kick.

Then again, I am a big mark for the Shining Wizard and moves that work like that.

My man.

It was always that or the Hangmans DDT. Loved that one because it a) looked like it killed them and b) it was one of those moves that has the shocked woman scream from the crowd.

Yeah all the CAWs had high impact finishers that were focused on the head. Hangsman DDT, Burning Hammer, Tiger Drivers, etc

charsace

A thought just occurred to me. A lot of people on the roster are lucky El Torito can't speak english. Hornswaggle was involved in a lot at one point, but not being able to wrestle held him back. El Torito is popular and is a better wrestler than a lot of guys, but luckily for the roster he can't speak english. If he could he would get a midcard push.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think WWE has ever properly pushed an Asian wrestler. When was the last one? I'm talking Japanese, Chinese, not so much distant Asian ancestry like Samoans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom