• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a midnight launch for Thief? Who asked for that?

If it's a Gamestop, midnight launches are based on preorder volume. Also include Garden Warfare and Lords of Shadow 2. Still, surprising. Uncharted 3 in my area didn't get a midnight launch.

Aiii

So not worth it
vtkei.jpg
It's here!

DMczaf

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...wwe-dvd-review-shawn-michaels-mr-wrestlemania

Shawn Michaels Mr. Wrestlemania DVD review

As candid as ever, Michaels introduces each match on this collection. When he speaks you really listen. What he says is wise and comes with hindsight and a clarity of mind that he didn’t have for years. Erudite, articulate, witty, poised, cheeky and, above all, utterly at ease, Shawn is a joy to watch. If this is anything to go by, his spoken-word tour of the UK this spring will be tremendous. For the sum of his words alone, this DVD is worth buying.

And so to that aforementioned hindsight. Shawn details, with honesty, his rise to stardom at the biggest show of the year and as we move through the timeline he seems to grow in confidence – in himself and in his abilities as a performer. This culminates in his closing thoughts where he asks, “did I leave money on the table? Yes, because I can still do it, I can do it now and I can still be good at it. Not because I’m anything special but because I know that I can.” He insinuates that he won’t be coming back but the confidence and pride that he puts behind those words suggest that given the right time and place he might just be willing to do it once more.

God damn right. THE BEST TO EVER DO IT!

tumblr_n0yolc77Xb1tse9guo1_250.gif

Alucard

Banned
Big E's been bland any time he's been on commentary. It's unfortunate because he apparently showed a lot of personality in NXT.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I see. So Mark Henry in the ring and Lance Storm on the stick.

Not familiar with Ryback. Is he Lance Storm like in the ring?

No, he's terrible, but he's like so bad it's funny. He kind of has the Warrior thing going on where you're not sure if he's all there or not.

The JBL and Cole Show With Renee Young should be a launching pad for new stars. Bad News Barret, Heath Slater and Cody Rhodes were all doing good work on yhere.

Pavaloo

"Cesaro interviews X" is a recurring segment on German-language broadcasts of Raw and I guess Smackdown. I love how the crowd noise is 100% post-production.
Didn't know this, but that makes a lot of sense
I don't know who Big E is but he looks and sounds like he's not very good. Do people like him?

The dude has so much charisma, any time he's on NXT or backstage it comes out, but it appears on the big stage the nerves get the best of him. He'll warm up.

Carnby

You really need to learn the difference between something not aligning with your tastes and something being objectively bad. Netflix, especially with region switching, has more content available that I want to watch than I ever could. Do you order at least three PPVs a year? Congratulations, the network just became a great deal and includes back content. I agree not having old episodes of Raw sucks, but I think if you watched back, a lot of those episodes you have nostalgia for are actually terrible. The big, memorable moments are great, but there is a lot of shitty filler in there as well. Getting the blow off matches at PPVs is more than enough for now. The promo packages have always been great so the feuds will still carry weight.

I'm going to explain once more. I'm mad that current raw replays are not available. I'm not even asking for live raw, only the option to watch replays or even highlights of the latest Raw.

No instead we have a glorified clip show app.

Coming up next, the count down continues. Daniel Bryan talks about his THIRD favorite chant.

SO MUCH CONTENT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GQman2121

Banned
Remember how Lance Storm was so stiff on the mic people would get concussions? Ryback is like that in the ring.

At least Storm had a sense of humor about that. The if I can be serious for a moment schtick was pretty good even though it came at the expense of every midcard title WCW had at the time.

I'm checking out Big E and Ryback vids now. Are there any match suggestions I should be looking for good or bad?

Alucard

Banned
I'm going to explain once more. I'm mad that current raw replays are not available. I'm not even asking for live raw, only the option to watch replays or even highlights of the latest Raw.

Coming up next, the count down continues. Daniel Bryan talks about his THIRD favorite chant.

Pretty sure you're overreacting. Not sure what your purpose is with this rampage. Are you trying to convince people not to get the Network?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

Did someone not get what they wanted?

Rapstah

At least Storm had a sense of humor about that. The if I can be serious for a moment schtick was pretty good even though it came at the expense of every midcard title WCW had at the time.

I'm checking out Big E and Ryback vids now. Are there any match suggestions I should be looking for good or bad?

There's a Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler match where Ryback gives Dolph a concussion from a clothesline.

Big E Langston vs. Dean Ambrose for the US title at whatever PPV that was (Battleground?) is a bad match and has the spot where they run into each other so hard they both start bleeding, so that's a pretty good pick.

I really liked Ryback vs. John Cena randomly on Smackdown in late 2013 if you're looking for good Ryback matches.

gurudyne

Ryback vs Sheamus from a short while ago. I believe it was this month, but couldn't tell you if it was SD or RAW.

Carnby

Pretty sure you're overreacting. Not sure what your purpose is with this rampage. Are you trying to convince people not to get the Network?

I'm just pointing out the obvious. That nobody in their right fucking mind would want p.o.s clip shows and "reality" shows. By having nearly zero current content, the WWE Network is a waste of money. I just don't see the fucking point of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm just pointing out the obvious. That nobody in their right fucking mind would want p.o.s clip shows and "reality" shows. By having nearly zero current content, the WWE Network is a waste of money. I just don't see the fucking point of it.

This is beyond mere trollery.

Live PPVs for a sixth of the cost, you don't see the value of that?

Hell I have a friend who is getting it entirely for its back catalog. He hasn't watched wrestling since 2000 but wants to see those WCW ppvs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom