• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylash

The problem is that tons of guys have taken Cena to the limit, looked great doing it, but have had it lead to nothing, can't really blame people for being cynical about it these days

tm24

Sin Cara mask is a curse. Hunico has looked really bad since taking over the gimmick when he was awesome without the mask.

Whats makes it funny is that AAA employs 2 people who they can pass off as Sin Cara build wise. He appeared very briefly in the ring before the lights went out and he disappeared and no one is sure it was really him. The curse could attack multiple people!

Jamie OD

The problem is that tons of guys have taken Cena to the limit, looked great doing it, but have had it lead to nothing, can't really blame people for being cynical about it these days

Damien Sandow is the latest example. Even calling him an afterthought is giving too much credit to the people in charge.

strobogo

Banned
I forgot Sandow existed. That makes me sad. It's hard to count how many balls have been dropped in the last 5-7 years.

A few off the top of my head:

Sandow
Cody Rhodes when he was feuding with Rey/Randy and brought back the IC Championship
JoMo when he was over
D-Bryne
Ryback when he was over
Nexus

Just to name a few.

ghostmind

Whats makes it funny is that AAA employs 2 people who they can pass off as Sin Cara build wise. He appeared very briefly in the ring before the lights went out and he disappeared and no one is sure it was really him. The curse could attack multiple people!

He came out to "Ameno" which is Mistico's theme...

I forgot Sandow existed. That makes me sad. It's hard to count how many balls have been dropped in the last 5-7 years.

They've dropped all of the balls, stro.

The road to the WWE looks like that old Sony Bravia commercial. Except each one of those balls is a wrestler's soul.

strobogo

Banned
They've dropped all of the balls, stro.

The road to the WWE looks like that old Sony Bravia commercial. Except each one of those balls is a wrestler's soul.

I've never seen a Sony Bravia commercial, but dropping all the balls is something I agree with. It's like Vince just forgot everything he learned about wrestling around 2003.

tm24

He came out to "Ameno" which is Mistico's theme...

yeah, but they only gave fans a glimpse, in turn teasing that Rey de Reyes is the first place you get a good look at him. It makes no sense, since you're selling out Rey de Reyes regardless, but im willing to bet they repeat this at every show til the show. Lucha libre booking is so weird. Only place where they try to cause confusion as to who was that masked man

Mengetsu

1743697_10151972116331443_1232081335_n.jpg

Xater

If RAW is not on the Network the next day it loses a big part of its appeal to me. Anyway, when is Total Divas back again so I can see some good WWE programming?

Aiii

So not worth it
They never said it would have all Raws/Smackdowns/Nitros/Thunders. Other people reported it. You can't blame WWE for something they never said they'd do just because Meltzer said it was true.
Actually Meltzer has reported from day one it was just the PPV's. It's just something people assumed and somehow turned into fact by pretending there was an announcement of some sort on that.

IWC is weird. IWC got pissed that Cena didn't job clean to Cesaro without realizing the good that that match did for Cesaro.

Sin Cara mask is a curse. Hunico has looked really bad since taking over the gimmick when he was awesome without the mask.
Glad I am not the only one who has noticed. He has just been awful. Especially his match with Rusev. Kalista future.

I just saw a I got Mania 26. Although I was hoping for something from the New Generation having to review Taker vs HBK will have to do.

The next two CHIKARA events have been announced and wouldn't you know it they're taking it on the road to Chicago and Detroit. I'm already planning my road trip for both of these!

"Diamonds are Forever"

6.21.14 - Live Event

@ Logan Square Auditorium
2539 North Kedzie Blvd in Chicago, IL 60647

Doors Open at 6:30PM, Event Starts at 7:00PM

"Goldfinger"

6.22.14 - Live Event

@ The Majestic Theatre
4140 Woodward Ave in Detroit, MI 48201

Doors Open at 2:30PM, Event Starts at 3:00PM

I've not been the biggest fan of CHIKARA for the past year, but it'll be great to have them back putting on shows regularly. Hoping they'll knock it out of the park with the return show, which I'm assuming will be an iPPV?

Also, anyone watching DGUSA tonight? The card looks pretty random with no Japanese talent on the show, but there's a good few matches that should prove to be fun;

Saturday: REVOLT! 2014 - Elmhurst, NY (VOD shortly after the event)
*OPEN THE FREEDOM GATE TITLE MATCH: Johnny Gargano (c) vs. Trent Baretta
*NON-TITLE MATCH: AR Fox vs. Drew Gulak
*OPEN THE UNITED GATE TITLE MATCH: The Bravado Brothers (c) vs. Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy
*Rich Swann vs. Anthony Nese
*Jigsaw vs. Shane Strickland
*NON-TITLE MATCH: Ivelisse Velez vs. Su Yung
*PLUS: Tim Donst, Caleb Konley, Mr. A and more

Looking forward to Tim Donst making his debut as well.

Carnby

Actually Meltzer has reported from day one it was just the PPV's. It's just something people assumed and somehow turned into fact by pretending there was an announcement of some sort on that.

Not true. Raw replays were always in the Network FAQ. Now it's been changed to Best of Raw.

Without raw replays the network is a glorified clip show app. Like no one goves a shit about Bigfoot, I don't give a shit about ppvs of yesteryear, so fuck them. I want new content.

Coming up next: recycled interview clips for this week's countdown. The best finishers that only use legs.

Striker

Oh boy it's the "Name bad PPVs" game! OOOH OOOH, how about December to Dismemeber 2006?! That one's pretty bad!

Wait, Fully Loaded '99 wasn't bad. dafuq?
What bums me out is yeah sure you can go see Fully Loaded '99, but I had hoped we could see the build up to the show itself. What happens on Raw and Smackdown for all these feuds, what's going on story-wise and who have they been wrasslin'. Oh well.

I wonder what they'll do for any Saturday Night Main Events.

Showaddy

Betting odds for EC are up:
Cody & Goldust: 1/2
Ryback & Axel: 11/8

Big E: 1/5
Jack Swagger: 3/1

Batista: 1/100
Alberto Del Rio: 14/1

Darren Young: 11/4
Titus O'Neil: 2/9

NAO: 1/2
The Usos: 11/8

The Wyatt Family: 1/10
The Shield: 5/1

ELIMINATION CHAMBER - WINNER
Randy Orton: 1/9
Daniel Bryan: 11/2
John Cena: 14/1
Cesaro: 20/1
Sheamus: 25/1
Christian: 50/1

ELIMINATION CHAMBER - ELIMINATED FIRST
Christian: 1/5
Cesaro: 5/1
Sheamus: 13/2
John Cena: 33/1
Daniel Bryan: 40/1
Randy Orton: 66/1

ELIMINATION CHAMBER - ELIMINATED LAST
Daniel Bryan: 4/9
Randy Orton: 7/2
Sheamus: 15/2
John Cena: 9/1
Cesaro: 40/1
Christian: 66/1

All pretty predictable really. Although a couple of the bookies got Darren Young & Titus mixed up but changed it before I could put a bet down ;(

I'm going to Japan in a few months and am thinking of going to the DDT and/or NJPW shows that will run while I'm there. Anyone know rough ticket prices and if it's possible to buy them online?

I'm going to Japan in a few months and am thinking of going to the DDT and/or NJPW shows that will run while I'm there. Anyone know rough ticket prices and if it's possible to buy them online?

I believe you can buy tickets online from the NJPW website, but ticket prices vary depending on the venue - top-price tickets seem to range from 7,000 ~ 15,000 yen, while some venues have cheaper seats as low as 2,000 ~ 4,000.

When are you heading out there? I'd definitely recommend buying tickets well in advance, as New Japan have been doing excellent business so far this year and shows are selling out quickly.

evil ways

Not true. Raw replays were always in the Network FAQ. Now it's been changed to Best of Raw.

Without raw replays the network is a glorified clip show app. Like no one goves a shit about Bigfoot, I don't give a shit about ppvs of yesteryear, so fuck them. I want new content.

Coming up next: recycled interview clips for this week's countdown. The best finishers that only use legs.

This whole "Raw/SD" replay thing has sure affected you deeply. Here's a hint, don't pay the $9.99, watch Raw and SD live on tv, Hulu Plus, ilegal stream etc.

Or better yet, stop supporting that lying, misleading, corrupt, hate monger of a company known as WWE and never give them a single rating or $ dollar again.

Carnby

This whole "Raw/SD" replay thing has sure affected you deeply. Here's a hint, don't pay the $9.99, watch Raw and SD live on tv, Hulu Plus, ilegal stream etc.

Or better yet, stop supporting that lying, misleading, corrupt, hate monger of a company known as WWE and never give them a single rating or $ dollar again.

You're all just mad because everything I said about the clip show app is true.

evil ways

I don't think anybody here is mad, at least in my case I'm paying $9.99 to have access to old WWF, WCW, ECW ppvs, especially those I missed during the 2003-2006 era. Everything else is an extra including monthly new PPVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom