• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

The amount of threads on fucking resolution are driving me insane.

Bet WWE Network only runs at 900p on XBox One which is why it's delayed.

Seriously though, glad I got the more powerful console first, but I wouldn't feel aggrieved if I went with XBox. it's not a huge difference anyway
and I don't give a fuck since my TV only does 720p

The fuck is going on in this thread? I needed something to do while I was waiting for stupid ass Forza to install.

Carnby has made my brain hurt

Really hope MS can work out that "play as you install" thing that PS4 has. Hated waiting to play games while I was installing 360/PS3 games.

Really hope MS can work out that "play as you install" thing that PS4 has. Hated waiting to play games while I was installing 360/PS3 games.
Well you can play the game once it's like 20% installed. It's usually only quick play options though. I imagine for Forza it would've been single races, but I didn't check and I'm just letting it fully install. PS4 does install way way faster though.

And what is this I'm reading about the network? Are they not gonna have ANY full episodes of Raw? I didn't think they'd have current stuff right away, but they aren't gonna have the old shit? At least not now? Not even the stuff they had when they were on TNN/Spike?

Bet WWE Network only runs at 900p on XBox One which is why it's delayed.

IPu9lxT.gif

The Network has so many avenues to get people over. You can provide kayfabe biographies and stories for wrestlers. You can have them be kayfabe in everyday situations. Shit like the JBL and Cole Show with Renee Young. Have a hardcore title that is defended twenty four seven. If you don't have a surprise return planned, you can have snippets of an injured superstar rehabbing or training while setting up potential storylines. The possibilites are endless and The E will do none of them.

The Network has so many avenues to get people over. You can provide kayfabe biographies and stories for wrestlers. You can have them be kayfabe in everyday situations. Shit like the JBL and Cole Show with Renee Young. Have a hardcore title that is defended twenty four seven. If you don't have a surprise return planned, you can have snippets of an injured superstar rehabbing or training while setting up potential storylines. The possibilites are endless and The E will do none of them.

They really should try bringing the Hardcore title back now with things like Tout (lol), Vine, Twitter and Facebook. It could truly be a 24/7 title!

strobogo

Banned
One of the biggest things I realized from my trip is that Modern Family is pretty rad. And that USA is a great channel for travelers.

Halogaf is now dead too.
Are we secretly being watched?
Are we nxt?

Mods get a itch to do some modding every now and again. Maybe we will get modded soon!

If they didnt want community threads to become insular then maybe they shouldn't have done the main forum / community split. That spit is basically saying "we dont want you to become insular but would you please stay in this dark corner and hide from everyone."

Seems like the same issues have been popping up in community threads the last few months.

#shootpromo

Hasney

Mods get a itch to do some modding every now and again. Maybe we will get modded soon!

If they didnt want community threads to become insular then maybe they shouldn't have done the main forum / community split. That spit is basically saying "we dont want you to become insular but would you please stay in this dark corner and hide from everyone."

Seems like the same issues have been popping up in community threads the last few months.

#shootpromo

They're saying that they're insular with respect to not being a welcoming place for new members and just turning on each other. I think we're alright, so long as the green guys remember to shake some hands on their way in.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, I think Wrasslegaf is pretty good with new people coming in. MMAgaf is similar. I never really saw a problem with NBAgaf the few times I ventured in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm going to set out to actually be a video game expert, instead of these self-proclaimed dorks out there in gaming media. I will be a true expert and know everything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You supported the Xbone's price and all of its policies.

You'd fit right in.

I actually HAVE money though, so I don't have a horse in this race. Being rich means I don't have to concern myself with Poor-GAF at all, and can do what I need to, so I can pursue true gaming expert status.

Kaladin

Wrasslegaf is good for newbies. They are mostly ignored. Like me. Fuck.

I was a noob once. You've got to go through developmental and find the gimmick that works. TNA Mark Alucard is just the gimmick you were saddled with when you debuted, not many keep their gimmick when they make it to the main roster.

Aiii

So not worth it
I sometimes feal you guys turn on me in this thread and I have to work really hard to get that next push. But you're alright most of the time really.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If the apocalypse is coming we should egg it on. Midnight Wrasslegaf?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, I think Wrasslegaf is pretty good with new people coming in. MMAgaf is similar. I never really saw a problem with NBAgaf the few times I ventured in.

NBAgaf was pretty cliquee and it's not surprising this has happened again. Meanwhile people who come to this thread do fine (they might need to pay their respects and shake a few hands if they want to be quoted but they aren't usually shamed out of here) Most importantly when a Mod does come down here people pay them their proper respect and hustle to obey...loyally.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I sometimes feal you guys turn on me in this thread and I have to work really hard to get that next push. But you're alright most of the time really.
You'll get over when we want you to get over, but in the mean time don't get over, but just step up to the plate and show us that you want it so we can job you so that you might get over in a freak accident and we can take the credit. Okay?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If a mod ever does come around here, you all know the code.

Omertà. We don't agitate the law around here, but we also deal with our own problems.

Kaladin

Wrasslegaf is a good community. If we ever have issues we deal with it internally (
or sometimes snitch
) and it it is usually taken care of as the issue is written out of the program and fans forget about it in a few weeks.

Hasney

The WrassleGAF PG era is getting steady ratings although is unlikely to do the numbers midnight WrassleGAF would, but the enviroment is just wrong for it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't wait til we get locked by Modbot who has to always have snarky last post that seems like it'd belong on an ezboard rather than a place of discussion like gaf.
tumblr_m7g4g8ubQE1rt4k5qo5_250.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, some dipshit went to an old Halo thread and posted in it, I got confused.

So here's the verbiage, it's up to us to see if we're compliant:

ghaleoneb said:
Hi guys.

HaloGAF threads have been problematic for a while now. The community has become insular and hostile to new members and contrary opinions, spends as much time off topic as on, and has been one of the more problematic communities we've had to monitor for a while now. The moderation team has been patient in trying to combat these problems. We had a thread hiatus a while back, split threads, overt intervention and warnings and several rounds of bans to enforce basic civility, but yesterday's saga demonstrated the message is not getting through.

I suggest you take this as an opportunity to mingle on the gaming side. It will be good for you to realize that HaloGAF exists on GAF and is part of a larger community, and thinking of the HaloGAF community apart from GAF as a whole is not healthy or acceptable. It will be good for folks to step out of this bubble for a bit, and I hope that in doing so HaloGAF is a more welcoming community when it returns in a few months.

-- Are we insular and hostile? I'd say easily that we're not.

-- Spends as much time off-topic than on? Compared to other threads, no chance. We're always talking about wrassles.

-- Problematic community - Not us.

-- Closed threads, split threads, interventions, hiatuses - nope

-- Offers to spend some time gaming-side -
jZ05Hkv0QpcZs_e.jpg
I dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom