• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Midnight WrassleGAF test went well. See? Omerta works, my brothers and sisters.

Wasn't everyone just piling on the guy who was upset about Network not having replays?

The guy? You mean Carnby? You mean a normal, regular WrassleGAF community member who felt strongly about something?

"Piling on" isn't what happens when almost everyone disagrees. Everyone simply disagreed.

Batigol

Banned
Ah, some dipshit went to an old Halo thread and posted in it, I got confused.

So here's the verbiage, it's up to us to see if we're compliant:

-- Are we insular and hostile? I'd say easily that we're not.

-- Spends as much time off-topic than on? Compared to other threads, no chance. We're always talking about wrassles.

-- Problematic community - Not us.

-- Closed threads, split threads, interventions, hiatuses - nope

-- Offers to spend some time gaming-side -
jZ05Hkv0QpcZs_e.jpg
I dunno

Definitely not insular. Some threads in community are to new members, but ya'll aren't one of them. Outside of footygaf, this is the best thread in community

Kaladin

We've had our share of gimmicks that didn't work out, or had a negative impact on the community, but those are quickly written out of the program when problems arise.

Also, with a 24/7 wrestling network, people will likely want us to shut up about wrasslin' and go off topic a bit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
if wrasslegaf was shut down I would probably walk out of gaf

Unlike NBA-GAF, we will definitely never try to strike out on our own either, no matter what. We belong here, we'll always be here. Splinter forums ain't great things, and are just a final shudder before a community's death.

I like the Bore

Sunny would start up his own forum

Absolutely not.

Hasney

Yeah, I signed up for the gaming forum but I found out pretty quickly that you have to pick your threads or it becomes insufferable. Steam thread is good and the threads about the more niche games are great. Sales threads and resolution threads are a good read for a laugh, but I try not to post in them.

WrassleGAF is good people for the most part.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not to fellate our own community but I think it's obvious we bring good things to the table. We have legit shook, we have folks like Spider from Mars coordinating a Wrestlemania review countdown, we have WrassleGAF TV, we have a strong sense of acceptance and community here, we don't call each other marks (unless someone's being particularly shitty towards someone else) and we have a lot of fun. I don't think we leave anyone offended in here (if so, let it be known) and we take care of each other.

We do well, guys.

Sorta back on topic:

As someone who spends $60 a month
sometimes twice a month
on WWE PPVs, the WWE Network seems like the best deal ever. I'd pay $9.99 a month for the PPVs alone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A woman? No man wants a woman who's going to lay down and grovel, and beg for somebody's life. If it's a woman that I want, I want her to stand up. Stand up and be that. Be what I want.

As far as slapping her, yeah I slapped her, but I slap myself. I'll slap you, Gene Okerlund! But I'll tell you something Randy Savage. DDTing you was fine, that really felt good! But the best feeling I ever had in my life was when I grabbed ahold of your woman's hair, and jerked her up off of her knees. Ah, that was good. And then when I put my hand across her face, my man, it felt so good I should have to pay for that! Yeah, I would pay to do that!

So the next time you think about crossing a snake's path - and a snake chooses his own path, where nobody else wants to go - if you think about it again... but if you do decide to, please do me one little favour. I'm begging you, please bring her back; let me touch her again.
Call me when Dean Ambrose can cut a promo 1/4 as good as that. His shitty Heath Ledger impressions from CZW don't count.

Hasney

Gonna have myself an Irish coffee and play some FIFA. Gotta get into that Elimination Chamber sleeping pattern since I'm off work Monday.

Pavaloo

Well, if we ever do go down, lets take PopGAF down with us. WAR OF GIFS (gifs is war?)
Just kidding. No insular hostility D:

Sorta back on topic:

sometimes twice a month
on WWE PPVs, the WWE Network seems like the best deal ever. I'd pay $9.99 a month for the PPVs alone.

Straiiight up! PPVs are so fuckin' expensive and streams are so ugly, this thing has been a long time coming. I still think the smartest idea would be to launch it with a PPV (EC) but I guess they're doing that WM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorta back on topic:

sometimes twice a month

A lot of people want a stable HD stream for PPVs for a more reasonable price. Voila!

A lot of people want a stable HD stream for PPVs for a more reasonable price. Voila!

My only fear is that it's going to look like total shit or go down and not come back up until the PPV is over. I've missed literally ONE PPV since Wrestlemania X and I don't want to have to start worrying about missing them because of MLB's streaming capabilities.

Hasney

My only fear is that it's going to look like total shit or go down and not come back up until the PPV is over. I've missed literally ONE PPV since Wrestlemania X and I don't want to have to start worrying about missing them because of MLB's streaming capabilities.

I assume that MLB gets more viewers, although with it being on free/cable TV, there's possibly less people on it.

At least they've got a few weeks before Mania to prepare. I really hope that they assume that 100% of subscribers will be watching live at the highest possible quality so they can plan server capacity accordingly. If word gets out that it went down during Mania, I can see a backlash.

Pavaloo

seriously though, would we get in trouble as a community for thread hi-jacking like that apex predator thread? Because that was awesome

Things are not looking good for TNA

TNA has found themselves needing to write checks to buildings they run for live events to get out due to crowd attendance being so small. According to a new report by Dave Meltzer, the last time they ran an event at Temple University in Philadephia back in 2013 (12/27), the company had to write the building a $15,000 check because the money they took in that night couldn't even cover what they owed to run the building.

Kaladin

I'm very curious to see how indy companies react after a few months of competing with the WWE Network. The Network will make them up their game or push them out of the iPPV business altogether.

If the Network delivers smooth PPVs online, in addition to all the other content, they're going to have to either go VOD, provide better connections or cut price on a service that is already at the lower limit for themselves.

I do love that Vince (
Triple H, likely
) not only realized that $9.99 PPVs are the answer, but also that delivering additional content with those PPVs to create added value is the key.

Rapstah

The main OSW guy is really down on Twitter, saying they may not keep doing them because of these recent takedowns. The dude has spent as much as 100 hours editing a single episode (WM9 specifically) but they're 99% WWE-owned footage, so there's not a whole lot they can do about it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The main OSW guy is really down on Twitter, saying they may not keep doing them because of these recent takedowns. The dude has spent as much as 100 hours editing a single episode (WM9 specifically) but they're 99% WWE-owned footage, so there's not a whole lot they can do about it.

Yeah, on one hand that IS a lot of work, but it's kind of like when someone spend a fuckton of time making a new Mario game. That shit ain't theirs. It's a shame there's no type of fair use for that sort of thing.

Rapstah

Yeah, on one hand that IS a lot of work, but it's kind of like when someone spend a fuckton of time making a new Mario game. That shit ain't theirs. It's a shame there's no type of fair use for that sort of thing.

Yeah, I can't really blame WWE for taking them down. That doesn't mean I can't feel really sorry for the guys, and feel bad for them not getting to put up videos that I really enjoy.

Edgeward

If the hardcore title was brought back it should be exclusively defended via instagram or vine. Tout is Vince still remembers what a watse of money that was

somedevil

I hope it continues but they should of expected with the network coming up. They still have the vimeo account with all the videos. It doesn't get the viewership of youtube but people will go to watch them.

Also, got to love the Alvarez humor about Hogan coming back:

If you haven't seen it, here is the TMZ.com article that actually broke the story. We're told WWE was not happy it leaked out like this. Hogan, of course, returns to Raw Monday and will serve as "host" of WrestleMania. Which means one person will probably run into his fist, but that's about it. I presume he got medical clearance to tear his t-shirt off as well.

Aiii

So not worth it
They're showing the Raw moment between The Shield and The Wyatts from last week's Raw on TV here now, goddamn that's just wrestling at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom