• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMax

And the blocking apps behind XBox Live Gold thing is really goddamn stupid, and ensures that they lose this gen in media stuff. BBC already took them to task for that shit, eventually the services are going to be real irritated.

It's their service. They can do what they want. They just can't where the BBC is concerned because it's illegal to paywall its content in the UK.

It's their service. They can do what they want. They just can't where the BBC is concerned because it's illegal to paywall its content in the UK.

And then services will just straight up not make 360/XBox One versions, or ask for a cut of XBox Live revenue (if they haven't already).

Hell, for example, The XBox One version of the Network is coming later, while PS3/PS4 are day and date. 360 got one because it's dirt easy.

They won't prioritize that platform because it'll bring less subscribers to the table (because of the paywall). They could pull that shit with 360, but they can't do it now.

iMax

And then services will just straight up not make 360/XBox One versions, or ask for a cut of XBox Live revenue (if they haven't already).

Hell, for example, The XBox One version of the Network is coming later, while PS3/PS4 are day and date. 360 got one because it's dirt easy.

They won't prioritize that platform because it'll bring less subscribers to the table (because of the paywall). They could pull that shit with 360, but they can't do it now.

It's been working great for years on Xbox 360. Also, Microsoft actually takes a 30% cut on third-party services on Xbox Live, not the other way round.

And the only reason the Xbox One version has been delayed is because Microsoft is the only platform holder insisting on developing all their apps internally. And if their track record has anything to show, that means the WWE Network app will be shit.

Kaladin

WWE confirmed at least parts of their home video compilation and documentary library are on the Network, not sure if it's the entire library, but we'll see.

It's been working great for years on Xbox 360. Also, Microsoft actually takes a 30% cut on third-party services on Xbox Live, not the other way round.

WrassleGAF is not the place for these actual debates!

It worked on 360 because they had the massive marketshare and were the first big device for Netflix streaming. It doesn't really fly anymore.

I really want all the Colosseum Home Videos up. So much stuff from 1988-1995or so that were never on anything else. And tons of skits.

I want the two Coliseum tapes I owned up there!

WWF's Most Unusual Matches (with the first ever real ladder match: Bret vs HBK in 1992)
and WWF's Best Wrestlemania Matches (featuring Steamboat/Savage and Andre/Hogan from WM3...with redone commentary from Gorilla and fucking Lord Alfred Hayes)

strobogo

Banned
I really want all the Colosseum Home Videos up. So much stuff from 1988-1995or so that were never on anything else. And tons of skits.

Kaladin

At this rate, WWE Network will go up tomorrow and it will be nothing but a portal to youtube.com/wwe

Latest promos keep up with the "Over the top" tag line and promise. I expect nothing less, and think all of our worries will be dirt sheets being dirt sheets.

Alucard

Banned
Oh man Elimination Chamber is today isn't it? I hope this show is not going to suck. Gonna watch it tomorrow morning.

The card isn't that exciting. It's a two match show.

Rhodes Bros vs. Rybaxel (Calling a Rybaxel upset)
Big E vs. Swagger (Swagger. Big E has disappointed as champ)
Usos vs. Outlaws (Outlaws will likely retain)
Batista vs. Del Rio (Batista squash)
Shield vs. Wyatts (should be awesome...Wyatts win)
Elimination chamber (Orton wins but Bryan somehow gets into a triple threat at Mania)

DMczaf

http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/23/jake-the-snake-roberts-cancer-tumor-knee-surgery/

fuck :(

Jake "The Snake" Roberts has a cancerous tumor behind his knee ... and the wrestler says it's slowly growing into his muscle -- so he needs emergency surgery to remove the growth.

Roberts tells TMZ ... he noticed a tumor behind his knee the size of a half dollar last month so he had it tested ... and on Friday doctors told him the test came back positive for cancer.

Jake says he's scheduled to go under the knife Tuesday morning ... and after a few weeks off -- he'll make his return to Jersey Championship Wrestling on March 14th -- cancer, or not.

Jake adds, "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."

As for his upcoming induction into the WWE Hall of Fame ... the wrestler says nothing will stop him from getting to New Orleans for the ceremony.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/23/jake-the-snake-roberts-cancer-tumor-knee-surgery/#ixzz2uASFAKX1

iMax

It worked on 360 because they had the massive marketshare and were the first big device for Netflix streaming. It doesn't really fly anymore.

Honestly, you're probably right. I can't see them flogging this horse much longer. Really surprised they haven't intro'd a new tier of Xbox Live just for apps, actually.

Kaladin

BREAKING – Ring of Honor COO Joe Koff has announced a pact with Mr. Naoki Sugabayashi, Chairman of New Japan Pro-Wrestling, during the first-ever ROH #HonorCon fan expo in Philadelphia.

Standing beside Mr. Sugabayashi, Mr. Koff detailed how the two organizations will present super shows this spring featuring the most popular and celebrated wrestlers from ROH and New Japan Pro-Wrestling, respectively.

Experience these super shows live when ROH and New Japan Pro Wrestling collide this May:

GLOBAL WARS: May 10th in Toronto at the Ted Reeve Arena, click here to buy tickets

WAR OF THE WORLDS: May 17th in Manhattan at the Hammerstein Ballroom, click here to buy tickets.

The much talked about ROH/New Japan trailer promoting the events will be released tonight at www.ROHWrestling.com and on our youtube channel.

ROHwrestling.com will have more information about these events as the story develops.

Global War and War of the Worlds.....makes sense to bring the talent to Best In The World too.....I want to see some New Japan wrasslin live.

gurudyne

Man, all the interesting stuff shows up in this thread after I go to sleep. I laughed so hard at this I cried.

"And that’s why Archibald Peck is the best character in wrestling today."

He is headlining Wrestlemania this year.

I think we should do the WMs randomly or backwards. Because I don't want to wait 3 weeks to do WM29. The quicker I get that over with, the better for me.

You can just do the review really quickly, then use the three weeks to polish it. I bet you can shine that sumbitch up real nice
turn it side ways and POST IT ON THIS WRASSLEGAF THREAD!

ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!

Alucard

Banned
Global War and War of the Worlds.....makes sense to bring the talent to Best In The World too.....I want to see some New Japan wrasslin live.

I'm soooooo torn about going to the Toronto show. :( For the sake on my marriage, I probably won't attend. The things you do for family.

Xater

The card isn't that exciting. It's a two match show.

Rhodes Bros vs. Rybaxel (Calling a Rybaxel upset)
Big E vs. Swagger (Swagger. Big E has disappointed as champ)
Usos vs. Outlaws (Outlaws will likely retain)
Batista vs. Del Rio (Batista squash)
Shield vs. Wyatts (should be awesome...Wyatts win)
Elimination chamber (Orton wins but Bryan somehow gets into a triple threat at Mania)

Looking at the card again I only really care about these two matches. Man Batista vs. Del Rio. That they really put that as a PPV match on there is bonkers. No one gives a shit about Del Rio and Batista is supposed to fight for the title at Mania.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Looking at the card again I only really care about these two matches. Man Batista vs. Del Rio. That they really put that as a PPV match on there is bonkers. No one gives a shit about Del Rio and Batista is supposed to fight for the title at Mania.

I think the entire card is good up and down.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LOOK GUYS
tumblr_n1cq66thOj1ruikdmo1_500.jpg
CURTIS AXEL IS A PAUL HEYMAN GUY. HES JUST AS GOOD AS BROCK AND STONE COLD. CHEER HIM DAMNIT STOP SCREAMING 'YES'

Basically, the Chamber is totally going to have some fucking shenanagins in it RE: Bryan

If I had to guess, it's Cena/Orton/Bryan as final 3, Cena gets eliminated, HHH sends the house to try and stop Bryan, Cena tries to intervene, etc etc etc

They need to find a reason to get Bryan something, so if he's in the title match, watch him tap Orton out while the ref is distracted or something.

styl3s

So it seems the "free trial" is only on WWE.com. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
My PC is hooked up to my TV so if wwe.com is the only way to watch the network on the PC then i have no problem.

It's kind of week sauce that it's wwe.com exclusive but surly people who don't have a PC hooked up in the living room can use a laptop, netbook etc.

After all the shit he's been through and all the hard work he's done to get better and get in shape and get his life together he now has to deal with the bitch known as cancer? Jake is gonna DDT this cancer straight to hell.

Aiii

So not worth it
My PC is hooked up to my TV so if wwe.com is the only way to watch the network on the PC then i have no problem.

It's kind of week sauce that it's wwe.com exclusive but surly people who don't have a PC hooked up in the living room can use a laptop, netbook etc.
It's not, you sign up at wwe.com, so that's why you have to go there for the free trial, your login works everywhere regardless.

Toki767

I just realized the only reason Brock may not be at the show tonight is because they used one of his PPV dates for the year for a third match with HHH. All because HHH needed to get his win back last year at Mania.

styl3s

It's not, you sign up at wwe.com, so that's why you have to go there for the free trial, your login works everywhere regardless.
So in theory the people here with PS4/PS3s can just open up the browser and go to WWE.com and watch the free trial that way?

Alucard

Banned
Basically, the Chamber is totally going to have some fucking shenanagins in it RE: Bryan

If I had to guess, it's Cena/Orton/Bryan as final 3, Cena gets eliminated, HHH sends the house to try and stop Bryan, Cena tries to intervene, etc etc etc

They need to find a reason to get Bryan something, so if he's in the title match, watch him tap Orton out while the ref is distracted or something.

I actually have to applaud the WWE for doing a good job of making the EC match unpredictable. Does Bryan win because the Network is launching and Vince wants fans to be happy? Does Randy win to give us a straight Orton/Batista match at WM? Does Vince shoehorn Bryan into the WM match because of the ho-hum reaction to Batista by the fans, and this way he can avoid the crowd taking over and crapping all over the main event?

The answers to these questions all start tonight. Given all of the inury angles they've been running with Bryan lately, it feels like they're trying to give him an out for not winning...or making him look like a million bucks by overcoming massive odds.

Aiii

So not worth it
So in theory the people here with PS4/PS3s can just open up the browser and go to WWE.com and watch the free trial that way?
You sign up, then you login in the app. you can already download the app now, you will see it tells you to sign up on wwe.com.

Kaladin

dvd-lg-signature-sounds.jpg

Signature Sounds
#25 – Batista – I Walk Alone
#24 – Fandango – ChaChaLaLa
#23 – Sunny – I Know You Want Me
#22 – Primetime Players – Making Moves
#21 – Goldust – GoldLust
#20 – Brodus Clay – Somebody Call My Momma
#19 – Ultimate Warrior – Unstable
#18 – Mankind – Ode to Freud
#17 – Brood – Blood
#16 – Randy Orton – Voices
#15 – Dusty Rhodes – Common Man Boogie
#14 – Shane McMahon – Here Comes the Money
#13 – RVD – One of a Kind
#12 – Mr. Perfect – Perfection
#11 – Mr. McMahon – No Chance in Hell
#10 – Trish Stratus – Time to Rock and Roll
#9 – Rey Mysterio – 619 Booyaka
#8 – Stone Cold Steve Austin – I Wont Do What You Tell Me
#7 – The Rock – Electrifying
#6 – Shawn Michaels – Sexy Boy
#5 – Undertaker – Rest in Peace
#4 – Triple H – The Game
#3 – John Cena – The Time is Now
#2 – Chris Jericho – Break Down the Walls
#1 – D-Generation X – Are You Ready?

Extras:

Shawn Michaels – Tell Me A Lie
Val Venis – Hello Ladies
Hakushi – Angel
Billy Gunn – Ass Man
Maria – Legs Like That
William Regal – He’s a Man

The Making of GoldLust
The Music of WWE Studios

It's a budget disc, $6 on Amazon.com

Toki767

Knowing WWE, Bryan will win tonight and then screw him out of the title tomorrow in an attempt to get Network subscriptions which will then backfire on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom