• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

dvd-lg-signature-sounds.jpg

This cover. Holy shit!

And whoever said Shield/Wyatts should've been in the EC are goddamn right because hoooly shit.

But yeah, if I had to guess, Bryan gets fucked over tonight, but some executive meddling happens tomorrow (Vince coming back?) to get him into the main.

Either that or it's BROCK
BROCKBROCKBROCKBROCK
BROCKBROCK

Alucard

Banned
Does anyone honestly think an Orton/Batista match WON'T get shat on by the crowd if it's the main event of WM30? The WWE can't be that clueless.

Xater

Aiii as a European I expected you to know better. The plural of Lego is still Lego. If you want to be more specific you use Lego bricks or toys.

gurudyne

Does anyone honestly think an Orton/Batista match WON'T get shat on by the crowd if it's the main event of WM30? The WWE can't be that clueless.

Look at last year's ME. Crowd was guaranteed to shit on that one, but they still went through with it because it made them money. Batista's not on Rock's level, but he's probably still a big enough draw to make the ME appearance worth it. Orton's ...stable enough to co-headline, so from the business perspective, it's safe and sound.

Problem with crowd reactions in wrestling at this level is it takes months for them to matter. If they're consistently hating the product, eventually, many of them will turn off the show and go on extended hiatuses, like when the bad booking killed WCW or when the post-Attitude era insanity pushed WWE into a slump. All it takes is some decent booking to keep things at the happy medium where fans aren't happy 100% of the time, but aren't ready to leave because of the times where the quality shines through.

Pavaloo

You know I hate Peck as much as the next guy, (read:
FUCK PECK
) but there's a certain amount of PROFESSIONALISM I expect here. Put on your suits!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Punk/Taker should've gone on last at WM29, but that didn't happen. I know Cena/Rock is a bigger deal than Orton/Batista, but still.

Cena/Rock is in fact the biggest deal they could possibly put on. The only one that would make more money and is still possible would be Rock/Brock next year.

Batista is not even in the same conversation as an outside draw and Orton is no Cena.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aiii as a European I expected you to know better. The plural of Lego is still Lego. If you want to be more specific you use Lego bricks or toys.
I adapt to my target audience, it's a Dutch thing.

That's why you Germans like our country so much.

Guaranteed there's a major title change on tomorrow's Raw. One of these two scenarios will pan out:

1) Dbry doesn't win the title tonight at EC, then wins it tomorrow night on Raw
2) Dbry wins the title tonight at EC, then loses it tomorrow night on Raw

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Rhodes Bros vs. Rybaxel (Rybaxel wins to start the break up? There is no other reason for this match to exist)
Big E vs. Swagger (Swagger wins so that Cesaro can take it from him. There is no other reason for this match to exist)
Usos vs. Outlaws (Who cares. Outlaws?)
Batista vs. Del Rio (Batista wins or the match doesn't happen. Batista has kicked his ass at every turn so having him win makes no sense but WWE)
Shield vs. Wyatts (Wyatts win due to Shield miscommunication to get their breakup into high gear)
Elimination chamber (Orton wins)

Book it.

- When asked by the local CBS affiliate in Pittsburgh about the possibility of Kurt Angle returning to WWE, Stephanie McMahon noted, “never say never.” You can check out the complete article at CBSLocal.com.

Imagine Angle's music coming on out of nowhere. I'd mark out so hard yall have no idea.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
You can't have "who cares" and "there is no other reason for this match to exist" in the same prediction post.

Sure I can. Those matches only serve one purpose as far as competent story telling goes. Since WWE is only capable of having half a story at once, I doubt it's as clean cut as it should be. This card has two matches and the rest is thrown together filler. I hope $5 berries it!

- When asked by the local CBS affiliate in Pittsburgh about the possibility of Kurt Angle returning to WWE, Stephanie McMahon noted, “never say never.” You can check out the complete article at CBSLocal.com.

Imagine Angle's music coming on out of nowhere. I'd mark out so hard yall have no idea.
Is he still good? he's pretty much my favorite wrestler besides SCSA.

Alucard

Banned
Is he still good? he's pretty much my favorite wrestler besides SCSA.

His knees are totally shot, but he keeps wrestling anyways. Pretty sure he'll be retiring in the near future. That is, he should be given the condition of his body. I doubt he would pass a WWE physical exam.

Jamie OD

I just bought tickets to NJPW vs ROH at the Hammerstein. I can't wait.

I can't get greedy because I just ordered my tickets for the indie shows at Mania weekend including ROH (main event spoiler)
Adam Cole Vs Jay Briscoe Ladder War!
but man am I jealous at everyone who gets to see Tanahashi, Okada and Nakamura live.

strobogo

Banned
His knees are totally shot, but he keeps wrestling anyways. Pretty sure he'll be retiring in the near future. That is, he should be given the condition of his body. I doubt he would pass a WWE physical exam.

Kurt needed to retire around 2007 at the latest. There is no way he's retiring anytime soon unless he physically can't move. I have no doubt he'd get in the ring and take bumps even if he was paralyzed, though.

I don't know if I should go to the ROH/NJPW show in NY, or Wrestling Dontaku in Fukouka in May.

I hate NY with the passion of a thousand suns, but it'd be cheaper and a bit easier than going on a day trip to Fukouka during my vacation.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I'd be going to the Toronto show if anything. And I can't run away on mother's day weekend to do a brodown. My wife would shoot me.

She can't shoot you if you never come back.
What does Ken Anderson's shirt say?
Pro wrestling is real...
People are fake.

Sorry dawg, your family is fleeting, wrestling is eternal. I know you will do the right thing.

I'd think Alucard of all people would know the wise words of Ken Anderson
dvd-lg-signature-sounds.jpg

Signature Sounds
#25 – Batista – I Walk Alone
#24 – Fandango – ChaChaLaLa
#23 – Sunny – I Know You Want Me
#22 – Primetime Players – Making Moves
#21 – Goldust – GoldLust
#20 – Brodus Clay – Somebody Call My Momma
#19 – Ultimate Warrior – Unstable
#18 – Mankind – Ode to Freud
#17 – Brood – Blood