• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm rewatching the New Year's Revolution 2006 Elimination Chamber match and it's got me wondering when did the boos for Cena start? Have people really disliked him for more than 8 years? That's amazing.

It started when Jericho got fired in storyline then it escalated when he kept beating Angle.

strobogo

Banned
I think we should do the WMs randomly or backwards. Because I don't want to wait 3 weeks to do WM29. The quicker I get that over with, the better for me.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
"Well, you know what they say; Behind every successful man, there's a slut." -Jerry Lawler, New Year's Revolution 2006

KMGJBnt.gif

What's to stop someone from getting a prepaid Visa for $10 and signing up to get a month and Mania for $10? They wouldn't be able to charge you for the next 5 months.

Carnby

No. The closest Bret got was when he sort of called Shawn a pedophile for dancing in the ring with kids, which was definitely the most awkward moment of that DVD.

It was a great moment on the DVD, and I can't believe they kept it in there.

Bret: you danced with kids while exposing your pubes.

Shawn: I certainly did not!

Bret: yes you did.

*footage of shawn showing his pubes to a 10 year old boy*

Shawn: ... You're right. I did do that.

Hikaru Sato vs Masaaki Mochizuki - (AJPW 02/08/14)

Good match from All Japan's 'Battle of Glory' jr's tournament, as Hikaru Sato takes on Dragon Gate's Masaaki Mochizuki. The start is bit slow, with Sato trying to match himself against Mochizuki's striking power, but things pick up in the last half, with Mochizuki going after Sato's legs and Sato working over an arm, leading into an excellent finishing stretch. If Lambda's reading this, I think you'll like this one, if only for Mochizuki's awesome submission escapes towards the end.

GQman2121

Banned
So I looked into Ryback and Big E. Yeah...that's exactly what I don't want to see on TV and why I stopped following this shit a decade ago. Cena and Orton are bad enough, but those two are next level anti-entertainment.

What do guys like that make a year?

What's to stop someone from getting a prepaid Visa for $10 and signing up to get a month and Mania for $10? They wouldn't be able to charge you for the next 5 months.

You have pay for six months up front. I'm not sure how the trial period works though.

strobogo

Banned
My sources tell me that Carnby actually already signed up for the Network and his rage was all a work to drum up controversy. Controversy creates cash.

GQman2121

Banned
Alright, well I'm all kinds of confused then. I thought that was what I read in the official thread when the FAQ went live. I mean, it makes sense to charge for the six months and reimburse if someone wants to cancel.

Carnby

My sources tell me that Carnby actually already signed up for the Network and his rage was all a work to drum up controversy. Controversy creates cash.

... I thought we couldn't sign up until Monday.

Alright, well I'm all kinds of confused then. I thought that was what I read in the official thread when the FAQ went live. I mean, it makes sense to charge for the six months and reimburse if someone wants to cancel.

It's 9.99 a month, but you are obligated to pay for a six month subscription. Each month you will be charged. And I'm certain the subscription automatically renews if you don't opt out at the end of the six months.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I don't see Vince using a modern cell phone. He still has one of those big brick phones from the 80s, Paul E. Dangerously style.

According to some, NJPW merch will be sold via the ROH site. Not all of it, though.

And there will be limited edition merch at the NJPW/ROH shows.

This makes me wonder if I should just not go to the Golden Week show; it'd save me so much money!

Carnby

So it seems the "free trial" is only on WWE.com. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There are reports that the one-week WWE Network free trial that will be offered on Monday is just for viewing the Network on WWE.com. We're still waiting on confirmation but WWE's announcement of the trial states the following: "Beginning at 9:00 a.m. ET on Monday, and for a limited time, WWE will offer a free one-week trial of WWE Network at WWE.com.

strobogo

Banned
Check out my sweet ARROW BUNCH and PAINMAKER merchandise, special order from the land of the rising sun!

I'VE GOT TRADING CARDS TOO

I would like to purchase a KING OF SKRONK STYLE shirt.

It should feature a silhouette of Nak with Warrior face paint. Someone place shop this for me.

I would like to purchase a KING OF SKRONK STYLE shirt.

Goddamnit man

I enjoyed your CHIMPKARA range of t-shirts last summer.

Damn you! Damn you to hell!

...This may be a thing.

So it seems the "free trial" is only on WWE.com. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WELP. Good thing I have an HTPC. Hulu Plus can suck my d and so can this network!

And the blocking apps behind XBox Live Gold thing is really goddamn stupid, and ensures that they lose this gen in media stuff. BBC already took them to task for that shit, eventually the services are going to be real irritated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom