• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cite your sources

O4riyPS.png

- It was reported earlier this week that KENTA was at the WWE Performance Center, with some reports claiming that the Pro Wrestling NOAH star was trying out for the company. KENTA has posted a blog entry clarifying why he's there and denying that he is trying to get a contract with the company. You can see the full text of the blog below:

I am sorry for having you all confused over the various information about my visit in the US.

As a matter of fact, I am in the States and enjoying the WWE training. But as for now, it's not about getting a tryout or a contract.

It is indeed true that I have always been yearning for a spot in WWE, and I've always wanted to give it a try sometime. After all, you only live once. "I should have given it a try." "I should have chosen another way." I've had those regrets when I was in my middle and high school, and even after I got in to this business. I just did not want to regret later about something I haven't tried, so I used my time off to participate in the WWE workout. The executives were at the workout, so perhaps I may have left a mark.

The place is full of competition and hungry guys. It's not as simple as being good at Puroresu or having strength. There are so many guys with monster physique and guys who are way athletically superior to me. And even they don't get into the big league. That's how tough this place could be. I can easily imagine that surviving in this environment could be severe. And spending a few days in that environment became a really good experience for me.

I'm sorry to have caused the confusion, but one thing I can say for sure is that "I'm glad I came". I would like to work even harder making use of this experience.

And lastly, I would like to thank [NOAH] President [Akira] Taue for letting me take this chance.

strobogo

Banned
I'm quite positive that HHH didn't think Austin should have been brought back in 2003. I understand his reasoning, but then he's the one that negotiated Brock's return and Brock did the same thing.

Trying to watch Impact. So boring. I can't finish it.

somedevil

That man now has a permanent spot in my top 5.

Also, apparently Vince wants to get Punk back but HHH doesn't. The future is scary when that guy is in full charge.

Punk walked out on them with little notice and it was not like he was getting the Ziggler treatment. So Triple H does have a right to be mad.

The story your talking about you worded wrong. Meltzer said Vince wants him back and Triple H is leaning on no but has not said that out loud or to Vince. He is letting Vince handle this and is staying out of this problem.

edit:
Remember that Sin Cara was Triple H's big pet project.

Can't wait for him to bring more brilliant moves like that into the fold.

Remember when everyone loved this idea as well. Does he get credit for the performance center and the tag division though?

Speaking of Sin Cara, he's signed with WWL in Puerto Rico;

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=83254

The World Wrestling League has announced today that former WWE performer “Sin Cara” has just signed with the promotion. WWL’s president Richard Negrin stated that “it is an honor and a priviledge to present our newest World Wrestling League’s talent, one of the most exciting Mexican “lucha libre” performers around the world: the original SIN CARA! Welcome to your home, the WWL.

XenoRaven

Punk walked out on them with little notice and it was not like he was getting the Ziggler treatment. So Triple H does have a right to be mad.

The story your talking about you worded wrong. Meltzer said Vince wants him back and Triple H is leaning on no but has not said that out loud or to Vince. He is letting Vince handle this and is staying out of this problem.

edit:

Remember when everyone loved this idea as well. Does he get credit for the performance center and the tag division though?
Performance center yes. Tag division no.

The tag division has consisted of one red hot team that worked out way better than people expected surrounded by a few loser teams.

somedevil

Performance center yes. Tag division no.

The tag division has consisted of one red hot team that worked out way better than people expected surrounded by a few loser teams.

Yeah, the Usos, The Real Americans, the Wyatts and the Shield are loser teams.

Here are the impact spoilers for 2/13 and 2/20:

* Dixie Carter, Magnus, Ethan Carter III and Rockstar Spud kick off Impact. Team Dixie is once again met by huge heat. Our correspondent was surprised that the UK fans booed Magnus as bad as they did. Magnus praised Dixie. MVP interrupts to a big pop. MVP speaks from the stage, runs down Dixie and says she has "excess miles, wear and tear" on her. Out comes Gunner and Samoa Joe. Gunner speaks and will be cashing in his World Title briefcase in one week, he says. MVP rips Ethan Carter and calls him C3PO, which gets a huge reaction. MVP makes Gunner vs. Ethan in a Ladder Match with Gunner's World Title briefcase and Ethan's Tag Title briefcase on the line and that is next.

* The crew quickly hangs both briefcases from the chain and brings out ladders. James Storm and Magnus end up getting involved. MVP comes out and makes it Gunner and Storm vs. Magnus and Ethan in a Ladder Match with both briefcases on the line. Gunner and Storm get the win when Gunner climbs up and gets the briefcases. Apparently even though it was a tag match, only Gunner or Ethan could be the winners. There was once again tension between Ethan and Magnus.

* The Wolves and Samoa Joe defeated Zema Ion and BroMans in what was described as an amazing performance by Joe and The Wolves.

* Bully Ray vs. Mr. Anderson in a Casket Match is announced for later.

* Abyss comes out but he's not wearing his mask, so it's like Joseph Park in Abyss attire. He cuts a promo and says Abyss is back before calling out Eric Young. They have words but Abyss takes off the hoodie and apparently has a soft side now. It looks like Abyss and Young are back on good terms.

* MVP squashes Rockstar Spud.

* Chris Sabin vs. Velvet Sky is up next. The match doesn't happen as German women's wrestler Alpha Female debuts and takes out Velvet. Alpha is Sabin's new bodyguard.

* Mr. Anderson vs. Bully Ray in a Casket Match is next. Bully gets instant heat by wearing a Liverpool jersey out. This was described as a really good brawl with chairs and tables used, but a screwy finish. Anderson ended up getting the win by hitting a Mic Check into the coffin.

* Gail Kim defeated Madison Rayne in a Street Fight.

* Impact opens with Magnus, Dixie Carter, Ethan Carter III and Rockstar Spud. More heat for Magnus and "paper champion" chants. MVP interrupts them and comes to the ring this time. He gets a big pop when he says Magnus is as popular as David Moyes. Team Dixie vs. Team MVP in a 4 on 4 match at Lockdown is announced. We will find out the participants tonight but it looks like Team MVP is MVP, The Wolves and Gunner. MVP also got a "yes!" chant going.

* Gunner is cashing in his World Title briefcase against Magnus later tonight.

* We get a promo from Bobby Roode on the big screen. James Storm appeared and apparently they teased getting back together in the near future.

* Samoa Joe defeated Zema Ion and Bro Mans in a 3 on 1 handicap match.

* Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards vs. Daniels and Kazarian is announced for later.

* There's an in-ring segment with Dixie Carter and Bobby Roode. Dixie is doing something with Roode's contract, maybe it's expiring, and he's leaving TNA. Our correspondent noted fans were chanting for Roode to stay and for Beer Money to reunite. Dixie offers Roode 10% of the company if he will captain her team at Lockdown against Team MVP. Roode accepts.

* The Wolves defeated Kazarian and Daniels.

* Magnus defeated Gunner in the main event with the World Heavyweight Title on the line when James Storm turned on Gunner again.

Looks like Scotland got screwed and man people really want to leave TNA all the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Batista, New Age Outlaws, Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton. That fresh new blood, the future of the biz.

You do know Triple H has been the one actively pursuing foreign talent and indy guys, right?

Also Brock has been ten times more interesting and appealing than Punk in 2014/late 2013

You do know Triple H has been the one actively pursuing foreign talent and indy guys, right?

Also Brock has been ten times more interesting and appealing than Punk in 2014/late 2013

Punk is the most interesting he has been since 2011 right now.

Shame it isn't for anything he did in a ring.

Xater

Yeah, the Usos, The Real Americans, the Wyatts and the Shield are loser teams.

Here are the impact spoilers for 2/13 and 2/20:

Looks like Scotland got screwed and man people really want to leave TNA all the time.

Alpha Female shows up? That's kinda cool. Bad Bones is also supposed to be at one of the TNA UK shows.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

This is seriously great. Puts every other wrestlers Instagram videos to shame.

They should make this his gimmick in the WWE too. Everywhere he walks around he does it with his music playing in the background. His theme song plays for the entirety of all his matches too. When the fans start chanting Goldberg the music just gets louder and louder to drown them out.

Hoarr

Neo Member
That man now has a permanent spot in my top 5.

Also, apparently Vince wants to get Punk back but HHH doesn't. The future is scary when that guy is in full charge.

Funny thing is, I remember early Internet stories of The Ultimate Warrior driving around Nevada in a jeep fully airburshed with himself and his insignia, blaring his own WWF theme music.

The only difference here is that no one had video of his rumored insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom