• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Yeah, Harley Race recommended him, but Vince said Morishima looked like a fat baby, so that was the end of that.
P1qLGz4.jpg

The fat baby look only helps accentuate what a monster he is once he starts backdropping fools and lariatoooing jobbers to death.
got any gifs?

I assume Morishima has had to wear a diaper and top hat to play "New Year's Baby" on a NOAH show before right?

EDIT: More like Spider from Jerk-planet

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Morishima DOES look like a baby, but he's fucking brutal. Worth watching some of his work.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
buncha racists that hate AUTHENTIC Mexican food in this thread

We don't even talk about Lucha here. What makes you think we'll talk about real-ass mexican food?

Speaking of lucha, I'm thinking about getting into it again, but I don't know where to start. I think I'll start watching stuff from AAA's youtube page.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We don't even talk about Lucha here. What makes you think we'll talk about real-ass mexican food?

Speaking of lucha, I'm thinking about getting into it again, but I don't know where to start. I think I'll start watching stuff from AAA's youtube page.

Ask tm24 for his best-of for 2013, he's got ALL the keys to the kingdom.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Morishima has a gunt for years. Huuuuuge gunt.

Weird thought about the Punk situation: I would be more inclined to believe it was real if they do mention it and have someone cut a promo on him Monday than if they don't. Wrestling is fucked.

NoTacos

Stephanie was all but reaching into HHH's pants with her speech about how he was one of the greatest of the greats of the Attitude Era all time and having him here for the Greatest Match of All Time where we would Once and For All Time UNIFY the Titles which had Never Been Done Before Ever. It was too much, and then it kept going.

look at Dolph in the gif, even he's like gtfoh Steph

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wrestlers are such marks. Fuckers won't stand up and unionize, but top stars will walk out over storylines on a children's TV show. I still genuinely believe this is a work, but if it's real, I'm more inclined to believe that this is over PPV bonuses, instead of Punk walking out because the "fans deserve better."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The PPV bonus thing is important, and a big change to how things work.

On the plus side, you have a FAR more stable paycheck instead of going with the ebbs and flows of PPV paydays.

On the negatives, it kills some of the desire to push to be in the main event.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wrestlers are such marks. Fuckers won't stand up and unionize, but top stars will walk out over storylines on a children's TV show. I still genuinely believe this is a work, but if it's real, I'm more inclined to believe that this is over PPV bonuses, instead of Punk walking out because the "fans deserve better."

Mr H's was always right
tumblr_n04dz9K6Q01rji3hpo1_400.gif

tumblr_n04dz9K6Q01rji3hpo2_400.gif

strobogo

Banned
For the dude asking for the ICP gif:

i0Gm64SFy1RpG.gif

Used to be able to search Minus for all the gifs I have tagged, but now it won't let me search for anything so they are a lot harder to find.

Now I'm no Big City Slicker Lawyer, but if you had a contract with a company that gave you significant bonuses based on one of the company's revenue streams, then said company shut down that revenue stream in order to create a more lucrative one without indicating that they would be providing you a new source of bonuses that might be considered a breach on the part of the company.

EDIT: Sorry after posting I was reminded that it was RD Evans month. I *am* a Big City Slicker Lawyer right now.

UberTag

Now I'm no Big City Slicker Lawyer, but if you had a contract with a company that gave you significant bonuses based on one of the company's revenue streams, then said company shut down that revenue stream in order to create a more lucrative one without indicating that they would be providing you a new source of bonuses that might be considered a breach on the part of the company.
The fact that the WWE is having an emergency 2-day meeting over Creative and yet still hasn't blocked an hour with their talent to go over their revised PPV bonus structure over 3 weeks since the Network was unveiled is very telling.

If I was WWE talent I would be assuming the PPV bonuses are gone for good after Elimination Chamber (DVD bonuses as well because they won't be coming out as often any more) and would be worrying about my other lines of income going away.

Perhaps instead of selling T-Shirts through the WWE Shop or at house shows, the WWE will only sell monthly subscriptions to the Network and you can pick a free T-Shirt of your choice to go along with it.
The shirts still cost the same price but because they're now called WWE Network subscriptions, the talent get nothing.

gurudyne

The fact that the WWE is having an emergency 2-day meeting over Creative and yet still hasn't blocked an hour with their talent to go over their revised PPV bonus structure over 3 weeks since the Network was unveiled is very telling.

I think if more people started walking out, that'd turn around really fast. As it is right now, WWE's in reaction mode. They're working to salvage the Biggest Show Of Them All: 30th Anniversary Edition so their biggest gamble in a generation goes off without any more hitches. To accomplish that, retooling the card is more important than dealing with talent who aren't yet in open rebellion. Dealing with the problem in front of them instead of the potential one seems like a valid move for the immediate short term. But again, the dynamics for these problems can change really fast.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I think if more people started walking out, that'd turn around really fast. As it is right now, WWE's in reaction mode. They're working to salvage the Biggest Show Of Them All: 30th Anniversary Edition so their biggest gamble in a generation goes off without any more hitches. To accomplish that, retooling the card is more important than dealing with talent who aren't yet in open rebellion. Dealing with the problem in front of them instead of the potential one seems like a valid move for the immediate short term. But again, the dynamics for these problems can change really fast.
So if this was the Marvel Civil war, would Cena be Iron Man?

HUSTLE - BOB SAPP vs AKEBONO - 2008

i3ucqpU82A5Xv.gif

... what the fuck?

icH2VzSnhAp1o.gif

why is Sapp speaking english and his promo being subbed in english for the japanese crowd? i... no... what?

iAOYbit8VdrXy.gif

ok, the match. Sapp vs his archrival Akebono. Sapp gets attacked immediately.

iF2BaIq311Kle.gif

scrap outside the ring for a while. inside the ring they trade shoulder blocks. Akebono gets pissed and hits a LOUD stiff clothesline.

ibng6za2nGxD2h.gif

ref bump. ref died.

imZy8H9XMk65i.gif

BIG scoop slam from Akebono, big pop from the crowd.

iTojPRJjHvQG1.gif

Sapp gets hyped out of his mind and mounts a comeback with some big forearm smashes.

iDz0MDijZFjDf.gif

the dead ref is kidnapped and a new dude shows up out of nowhere and becomes the official ref. what?

ibmqeCwLfCAnRY.gif

turns out the ref is on Sapp's side. some dude hits Akebono with a chair and Sapp capitalizes with a back suplex for the 3 count.

iAoLSV2jgye14.gif

i have no idea who these people are but they are stomping on Akebono for some reason.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

Yuji Nagata & Takashi Iizuka vs Toshiaki Kawada & Masanobu Fuchi - (NJPW 12/14/2000)

Lots of fun stuff going on in this match - the crowd are fully behind Nagata and Iizuka as they do battle with the All Japan invaders and there's some interesting stories throughout, like Nagata and Kawada hating each other a ton, Fuchi wanting no part of Nagata, prefering to be a dick to the inexperienced Iizuka, plus, Iizuka trying to stand up to Kawada and immediately regretting it.

id2uDbgSgfQ48.gif

Also, it continually amazes me how different Iizuka is today. Totally different wrestler.

Hasney

Decided to catch up on TNA with the second part of Genesis. Been a bit shit, but lol @ EC3's pep talk to Spud and Zema Ion do the airhorn acapella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom